Anti-D Injection Didn't Work - Advice Needed.

NewMum85

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently give birth to a lovely little boy. The hospital told me that I would need an anti-d injection due to my partner having a different blood group to prevent any complications with future pregnancies.

However I have just had a call from the hospital asking me to go straight in for a second anti-d injection as the first one didn't work.

When I asked why the first one didnt work they said that they did not know and that this is the first time that they have seen this happen.

When asked if the second one would work they said they did not know and that I would need to go for blood tests on Monday which would then be sent abroad for testing before they would have answers.

Basically they couldnt give me any answers or advice and now I am very worried and concerned, as I have heard that the injection is needed to prevent future miscarriages and babies being born with brain damage, etc. Hopefully the second injection will work but now I have to wait and see. I am supposed to be enjoying my time with my new born but I cant stop worrying.

I have googled to see if this has happened to anybody before but I cant find anything. Maybe the hospital gave me the wrong injection first time round and are trying to cover their tracks or maybe I am just being paranoid.

Has anybody else heard of this happening before? I don't like waiting and not knowing. :(

Any advice or information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry hun iv never heard of this!
How did they know it didnt work? When i had my LO i just had the anti-d injections but i never had a follow up test to check!!
They wouldnt know unless they took blood off you after to check did they do that?
Sorry i dont know the answer but im guessing that if you have a second it will work but i cant understand why it didnt work the first time!

Good luck! x

mmm i would be interested to know what answers newmum85 gets too,but it could be this - i had anti d injection during pregnancy then after baby was born they took blood from the cord and tested to see if i would need another inj after birth something to do with the babys blood group, if baby was same as me i would need one more but i didnt need another as my boy was not rhesus o neg, if she needed another one because of the babys blood group then the 1st inj given during preg wouldnt have worked.

:hugs:

So peanut are you res neg?? or your OH? because i just got confused there, im o neg and my oh is pos blood type so i HAD to have the anti-d during and after birth as my lo WAS positive, if he was neg like me i wouldnt have had to have it because it only effects you if the bloods are different! But i get the impression that they give it to you enyway to be on the safe side!
xx

oh dear maybe i didnt listen properly:dohh: i am rheus o neg :blush:

How did you know it didnt work?
I had the anti d injection and haven't had a blood test since so it may not have worked?

I've had this a few times and also just recenlty at 28 weeks...I've never had anything to check to see if its worked? ????

i was just about to say how did they no it didnt work...i think they are lying and gave the the wrong injection.

i would request in writing that they anti d injection hasnt worked and how they no this as when i was given mine after having zane they didnt do a follow up blood test so they cant possibly now how it didnt work

dont let them get away with this poor care, u dont no what the first injection they gave u was

New mum

Did you manage to get it sorted? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"