Anti j antibodies in 28 week bloods...

Kirsty88

Reaction score
I've been told by my midwife this morning that I have anti j antibodies in my bloods...when I asked her what this meant she said she didn't really know but not to worry...I've obviously got out of my appointment and googled it and it says all kind of horrible things....does anyone have any insight into this? 'Many thanks

Not myself but a friends had this... it can in RARE cases cause anaemia with babies but most of the time it's nothing to worry about. She had regular blood tests throughout pregnancy but bloods and pregnancy and baby were all fine. It's only in rare cases it can cause problems I think. I would step away from google till you see someone who can answer your questions, you will always get worst case scenario on google! X

Ok thank you for your reply ..yes google can be our worst nightmare! I'm trying not to worry until I've spoken to a doctor...easier said than done! X

Yes we worry even if there's nothing to worry about so I can imagine how you feel! As far as I understood it it's a rare chance that baby can be affected and even with that rare chance it's even more rare for them to be poorly with it as you are monitored your whole way through so they know what's happening. I think the majority of people have healthy. It also pregnancies and for it to affect baby is rare enough, let alone for it to be dangerous to be baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->