Antibodies

allisonmh

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience or knowledge on antibodies? I tested positive for E and S antibodies. Apparently my levels are ok for now, but I have to be monitored monthly and will be transferred to a high risk dr if they get higher. It all seems so confusing to me, so curious to see if anyone has any insight.

Yes I have Anti E - was consultant led and had to have blood drawn every few weeks to check the levels and regular scans to check the growth

I assume everything turned out fine? They haven't said anything about extra monitoring for checking growth, just the blood draws every month. I do have an ultrasound in 2 weeks though, so maybe my dr will make the decision then if I need extra monitoring...

I assume everything turned out fine? They haven't said anything about extra monitoring for checking growth, just the blood draws every month. I do have an ultrasound in 2 weeks though, so maybe my dr will make the decision then if I need extra monitoring...

yeah both mine were fine - my level even decreased in my first sons pregnancy :/ which the doc couldnt explain further then - 'its not always that black and white theres areas of grey too'

you just have to be a bit careful and if you have any type of fall or knock to the bump you need to get checked out - blood drawn to check for fetal cells in your blood

are you Rhesus negative too? loads of people get this muddled up with antibodies but the rhesus factor is all to do with anti D

Not that I know of, they didn't mention anything about that so I think it's just the S and E. I'm pretty sure my levels were pretty low though. I had them send me a copy of the lab report and it said both were "less than 1," so that seems pretty low, right? I'm just hoping they don't get any higher.

That is very low hun

My first sons levels were either 6 and decreased to 4 or was 4 and decreased to 2 I can't remember which now

They like the level to be under 32 anything over 32 they will monitor closely and there are things that can be done if your level does go past this number

Thanks, that makes me feel better knowing they're so low. They didn't tell me what the number would have to be for them to send me to the high risk dr or start extra monitoring so I'm glad to know that I've got a ways to go!

Yeah don't worry if it's gotten a tiny bit higher next bloods it's very normal to steadily increase tiny amounts as pregnancy progresses

Hi i found out i have anti kell antibodies. I got it from receiving a blood transfusion so luckily they don't expect problems. From all my research it seems S and E antibodies need to be monitored, but usually do not cause issues.

For the anti kell, I need to be monitored and my titre (level) was 8. I've read the levels they start to worry about the antibodies is 16 generally.

I think everything will be ok for you.

I've never heard of heard of anti kell... I'm glad it won't cause you any problems though.
I saw my dr on Monday and she said s and e were pretty mild. I have another titer check this coming Monday and she'll only call me if they've gotten higher, so here's to hoping she doesn't call me!

Are your antibodies E or e? mine are E and was told they are mild to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->