Anticardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant,wanted to talk to sufferers.

mandy1971

Reaction score
Hi I have had 2 miscarriages this year both at around 5weeks. No children yet, I'm 39yo so epu are checking my anticardiolipin and lupus anticoagulant antibodiess in a few weeks. I wondered if Any of you have tested positive for sticky blood syndrome or Hughes syndrome(thinks that's shat it's called. I wanted to discuss your symptoms.as I am occasionally aware of blood especially in my neck veins appearing thick and occassionally have some slight pslkpitations.went to go about 10yrs ago due to these symptoms( no miscarriages back then or pregnancies, was told it was probably stressed and if I smoked then to give it up.
It would be interesting to find out what symptoms my lovely forum users have if they suffer from either if these syndromes.

I cant give blood or anything as my blood clots so fast so I had the tests but they came out negative - I hope yours goes ok. (didnt want to read and run!)

they take quite a few vials of blood so I'd maybe take a snack or something sugary with you for afterwards :)

Hi hun, im positive for lupus anticoagulant - antiphilosophid syndome (APS). I have had 5 losses includng an ectopic.

After this BFP I started on 75mg Aspirin and 40ml Daily Clexane injections and everything is going fine at 25 weeks

Hi fluffy blue,

thanks for replying.
So sorry for your losses,its wonderful that you are now pregnant again.You must be very excited and I hope you are throughly enjoying your pregnancy now that you have a reason why your other pregnancies did'nt progress.
were there any symptoms?
Also, do you take the asprin and clexane only whilst pregnant?
Take care,
Mandy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"