Antiphospholipid sydrome (Aps) 'sticky blood' - anyone with experience of this?

kitkez

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a late miscarriage in January and just found out I may have APS. It won't be officially confirmed tillni have another positive blood test in 10 weeks.

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and have been put on daily asprin and anti blood clotting injections.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this. Feeling worried, especially as I didn't have meds from start of the pregnancy. Have my first scan 3 weeks on Monday and I'm already terrified in case baby has died.

Won't see a consultant for a month So I really don't know much and only know what I've found on google.

Any advice or positive outcomes would be lovely to hear.

Thanks

Hi, I have sticky blood and I’m on blood thinners and asprin. Prevented miscarriage with my youngest daughter

I know this thread is a bit old, but I also suffer from APS. I'm on blood thinner injections and baby aspirin to prevent complications. (This is my second pregnancy using this medication. The first resulted in ds who is 5.) Just curious, does anyone have any tips to limit the bruising from the injections? I feel so cheated out of a cute baby belly, as I'm just one big bruise instead.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I also suffer from APS. I'm on blood thinner injections and baby aspirin to prevent complications. (This is my second pregnancy using this medication. The first resulted in ds who is 5.) Just curious, does anyone have any tips to limit the bruising from the injections? I feel so cheated out of a cute baby belly, as I'm just one big bruise instead.

I don’t have APS, I have Factor V Leiden, but my lovenox bruises have become almost nonexistent since my doctor told me to only take one of my 2 fish oil capsules daily (since fish oil is also a blood thinner). I use a 40mg shot of lovenox.

I also rub arnica gel on belly to heal bruises faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->