Anxiety over 1st scan

FinallyBFP

Reaction score
So after weeks of waiting I’ve finally been given a date for my first scan 14th November. I honestly feel like it’s forever away! Anyone have any advise on how to calm myself whilst I wait? This is my first baby and I’m terrfied I just want to hear that heart beat. Since I had a FET I don’t even remember when my last period was the whole process was a blur as I didn’t think it would work due to failure the first time. I honestly didn’t think this would happen for me at all and I am so terrified this gift will be taken from me! I sound crazy but it’s been such a long road to get to this point. I have all the symptoms irritable feeling sick everyday barely eating tiredness aches in my belly (which sometimes make me worry!) and occasionally spotting but I’ve been told this is due to the meds I’m on irritating my cervix. I haven’t told my OH but I just can’t see myself growing a baby I can’t see myself pregnant or giving birth or holding a baby and I know this is so negative of me but I can’t help myself. It’s like I’m preparing for the worst I’m praying my feelings are wrong because I thought the same about actually being pregnant and I was gob smacked when I found out I was. I will be around 8 weeks when I have my scan I think?! Xx

That's understandable. It is a worrying time but I hope everything goes well :)

I don’t have advice because this is also my first (healthy) pregnancy. I had an ectopic 5 years ago so I’m a constant nervous wreck. Try not to worry! Having symptoms is a good sign. I’ve had to remember to understand that I can assume things are going well and if something happens, it’s out of my control.
Anyway, I also have an u/s on the 14th so we can be nervous together!
I had one at 5w5d and everything was great but I can’t get over the anxiety

I don’t have advice because this is also my first (healthy) pregnancy. I had an ectopic 5 years ago so I’m a constant nervous wreck. Try not to worry! Having symptoms is a good sign. I’ve had to remember to understand that I can assume things are going well and if something happens, it’s out of my control.
Anyway, I also have an u/s on the 14th so we can be nervous together!
I had one at 5w5d and everything was great but I can’t get over the anxiety
I know after everything with ivf it’s very hard to relax because you’ve been through so much to get to this point (not discrediting anyone who has got pregnant the regular way!) but if you have been through it you know how it is! How do you work out how far along you are? I have no idea and I never understand when people say 5 day blastocyst or 3 day?! I have no idea what mine was cx

I know after everything with ivf it’s very hard to relax because you’ve been through so much to get to this point (not discrediting anyone who has got pregnant the regular way!) but if you have been through it you know how it is! How do you work out how far along you are? I have no idea and I never understand when people say 5 day blastocyst or 3 day?! I have no idea what mine was cx

Well congratulations on the pregnancy!! My brother was an IVF baby! I don’t know what it’s like, personally, but I do know what infertility is like. I’m crossing my fingers sooo hard for you! I can’t wait to see an update!!
I’m also not sure how to calculate how far along with Ivf but with regular pregnancy it’s 2 weeks starting at ovulation. So I suppose whatever the ivf equivant of ovulation is would be roughly two weeks but I could be entirely wrong! Please be sure to update!

Well congratulations on the pregnancy!! My brother was an IVF baby! I don’t know what it’s like, personally, but I do know what infertility is like. I’m crossing my fingers sooo hard for you! I can’t wait to see an update!!
I’m also not sure how to calculate how far along with Ivf but with regular pregnancy it’s 2 weeks starting at ovulation. So I suppose whatever the ivf equivant of ovulation is would be roughly two weeks but I could be entirely wrong! Please be sure to update!
Sorry I just re read your message and realised what you meant when you said 5w5d I thought it was something to do with ivf but realised you meant you had a scan! I’m so frustrated waiting what did you see on the 5 week scan?! How do you feel by the way since you are around the same as me?! Xx

You are so sweet by the way thank you for your kind words! There’s something about women who have experienced a loss or infertility that have a different way about them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->