Anxious about TTC #2

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Did anyone else have a really hard time with their first baby and feeling nervous about a second one? My daughter is almost 3.5, and I really do want another child, but she was SUCH a bad sleeper, she did not start sleeping through the night until she was 2.5. I'm talking up every 45 minutes, I was sooooo tired. I'm terrified I will have another like her, and it very well may kill me the second time around! We may start ttc in April, and I really want to, but honestly, wish I could just skip the whole baby period! lol Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Yes your definetly not the only one! My lo wasn't even that bad. I just found it SO difficult.. But I've realised how fast time goes and how fast they grow. Sure it's hard for the first few years but after that I'm hoping we will all be rewarded with the second lo completing our family and it all being worth while

I wish there was a way to keep them in my belly until age 2. That's when it got a bit easier. Hard to imagine the huge families people used to have, and here I am terrified of a second! lol

Glad to know I'm not the only one :)

Yeah my twins were really bad. Both had bad colic and reflux, plus dealing with asthma and bowel issues so boy was up 8-11 times a night and girl 3-5 times a night until 14 months old, then it was 5-7 times a night between them until 2.5 yr old when my girls night terrors started and she could be screaming and thrashing about 20-30 times a night. They were always up and hyper from 4 am until age 4 yr old, they were almost 6yr old before they started sleeping later than 5:30am. They were put to bed at 7:30pm but it's rare they went to sleep before 10pm. From 4 months old they only napped 1 hour a day and as my boy was a worse sleeper at night he would crash out for an hour at 10am no matter what and my girl would be bouncing off the walls hyoer until 1pm. Naps went down to twice a week at 26 months old and stopped completely at 2.5 yr old. Boy didn't sleep thru the night until 4.5 yr old and girl until 5.5 yr old and that was with sleep training with support from 2 different child sleep specialits who gave up on them and said some kids just don't need as much sleep. Always had a good and strickt bed time routine, i stuck to it, never caved in, it was relentless sticking to each technique unwaveringly for several months solid with no luck. Even if I have twins again there is no way they will be as tough as these two were! Anything has to be easier than that lol!

I'm sort of the opposite, but worried too. DD slept great from early on, so I'm sure that we used all the sleep fairy luck up, and the next one will be up and down all night for years. It's my biggest worry for having another one!

I wouldn't mind being pregnant for 2-3 years either. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->