Anxious and worried all the time

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I've been feeling very anxious since Josh is born... I'm also worried about EVERYTHING! Money, the house never seems clean enough, is he cold, is he hot, am I spending enough time with him or too much time with him, should I ''play'' with him more, show him more things? Is he feeding well?...

I just can't help it even though it's driving me insane!:dohh:

Any tips on how to ''chill out'' a bit ?

im the same with summer especially at nite every noise and i shoot up to look at her, ive been worried all day today that she is sleeping too much, and i even worry if someone else feeds her that she wont take as much as she should, i feel quite silly sometimes but im guessing its normal to be like this with your first baby.

so sorry i dont hav any tips, but jus letting you kno that i feel the same!

There are no tips, every mother goes through it. I'd say give it time and you'll chill, but it wold only be chilling with those worries, as they get older you just get a whole new set lol.

same as what marley has said, no tips, it doesn't matter that the house aint clean do what u can do when u can do it, their was a magazine actical that i read if people are going to come round they better be coming round to help you out not just to cuddle the baby why you run round after them getting them drinks and what not. If you have got a mate coming round or a relative and you need a break ask them if they could do the washing up or a bit of hoovering while you go and have a lie down or have bath to relax.

I was a nervous wreck :lol:

Is she breathing
Has she had enough food
Is she comfy

...list goes on and on!

I've recently started relaxing a bit.

Clean house when you can don't feel I have to get up and do it now 'blergh' feeling! Everything will fit into place in its own pace don't rush yoruself. First time Mummy is hard - adapting to a big change in life & routine for you & home. Slow down enjoy cuddles sod the dishes ;)

I'm glad it's not just me then.....Oscar is a heavy breather when sleeping but sometimes he is silent.....then I just have to feel him to see if he is breathing
I worry that I dont play with him enough, dont feed him enough, hes pooed enough. too hot, too cold....
he has a vein on his head, I even worry about that. :dohh:

I don't have any tips for you on how to chill out - sorry! But I wanted to reassure you that it's quite normal to worry at such a time - your hormones are going mad and you've just taken on the responsibility of a lifetime... I know it probably doesn't help much with stopping the anxiety right now :shrug: but I thought it might make you feel a bit better to know that it's common after birth and that once you settle into parenthood and your hormones calm down you'll probably start to just feel better.

I'm the same (I think every new mum is) - I was so freaked out at not being able to see Anna's heartbeat on the monitor after we left SCBU that I now have a baby monitor that tells me what her temp is and picks up her movement and pulse as well as sounds - before we got it I was staying up all night with her and poking her awake every now and then to make sure she was still breathing :blush: ... wish I'd taken advantage of when she slept through the night, now! lol

It should all settle down in time, but if you find that after a few months you are still extremely nervous and it's interfering with your day to day life it might be worth popping down to see your GP about it...

Take care, hun :hugs:

it really is just part of motherhood, everything you do you will question, everything they do or dont you will question...it is however so very new and how can you know realisticaly if what you are doing is right or wrong as youve never done it before..i suppose its called experience...

trust yourself, moms really do know best and you will just know if what your doin is right (which it obv is as he looks perfect)

just try and sit back, relax and enjoy yourself!! your doing great dont forget tht!

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->