• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Welcome to all, nice to know there are so many of use due within a few days of each other and sharing similar symptoms.
Filipenko- I'm pleased it's not just my DH who doesn't know what half of the stuff is for. I think I have explained everything to him now but labeling may well be a good idea... or at least will give me another thing to do.

Very jealous of those of you who can sleep through without needing the loo- was just before 4am this morning and then my brain kicks in and can't get back to sleep because I can't stop thinking! Ended up drinking warm milk and trying to sleep on the sofa. Oh well off shopping and then will have a nap later I think.

Hope you all have a good day :)

Welcome everyone! The more the merrier :) It's so interesting and reassuring to see how we are all getting similar symptoms or some of us not at all.

Lol mrs mig I can just imagine my hubs faffing looking through bags and dropping everything on the floor especially at this emotional time too, glad there will be a midwife to help!!

Mrs s-m I am with you on the sleep through the night thing - i think I was ok for about 4 weeks in the middle of this pregnancy! Good luck with the shopping and hope you get to nap.

Weejenb - aside from the constant backache (I do get some) I could have written your post!!

Chatty that's exciting that you're planning on having a home birth! I am planning on staying at home as long as possible as they say labour progresses better that way don't they? Then I am going to the part of the ward where pain relief and everything is available but I am hoping for the most natural med-free births - yes I say that now LOL! Do you have any tips on coping with the pain? Are you having a birthing pool?

Everything - good luck getting a shirt and that's brilliant your son sleeps so well, just what you need right now! :)

xteepee I wonder about size too - my baby was 4.5lbs at 32 weeks which is average I believe. But my husband and his father were both born nearly 10lbs - they are big men (6ft 7 & 6ft 6 resepectively) so it does concern me. Apparently I have heard anyway, that bigger babies come out faster?? BUT they stay in longer.... Not sure any of that's true! Also that it's more to do with the natural size of the mother's pelvis??

What's everyone's relationship with food like at the moment? My appetite is 'ok' and by that I mean I really want to eat something tasty and satisfying it's just the after nausea that's putting me off! Trying to eat very small portions, often but I do get hungry. Why would my body make me hungry and nauseous! :wacko:

I'm due the 14th, 38 weeks on Monday.

Baby is fully engaged so I have bladder pressure and pee at least three times in the night
Wicked heartburn
Haemmeroids now appearing
Braxton hicks a lot and often crampy
heavy feeling when I walk
Swollen feet if I stand too long

Snap darkstar! Have you been told that baby is fully engaged? I'm wondering if mine is as I have all those symptoms!

Midwife wrote in my notes yesterday that baby is 4/5ths engaged :)

Forgot to add - also the heartburn has increased but the doc wants to take me off the medication for it :( looks like its Gaviscon for me now!

Also the piles have sprouted from nowhere...not a comfy bunny atm :blush:

filipenko32 - think we just have to keep reminding ourselves that its all gonna be worth it in the end!!

Yes I agree! :) It will be so worth it :) :baby:

I have been through 3567 strawberry flavoured gaviscon tablets morning noon and night!! Couldn't face the liquid :sick: thinking I should have got something stronger off the doc ages ago though...

Sorry about the piles :hugs:

Snap darkstar! Have you been told that baby is fully engaged? I'm wondering if mine is as I have all those symptoms!

Thanks! Yes I have been told he is. He was breech until 37 weeks then turned and went right down.

I've had super lazy bones today and have not got out of bed yet! My nose is dripping like a tap, I can't stop sneezing and I'm home alone, except for the dog. Its a good job she doesn't mind staying in bed all day too! DH will be home from work at 5.30 so I'm gonna make a move now to do 'something' before he comes home.. Not quite sure what though!

we DTD last night but no signs.. Think I might cook a chilli for dinner, nice and hot, to see if that helps :shrug:

I've been a lazy bones today too. I went back to bed for 3 hours this afternoon. I've been really congested and full of cold since Christmas and its no fun. I'd probably have better chance of going into labour if I was out and about but I don't have the energy. I'm getting my nails done and having reflexology tomorrow (my due date) so that will be good.

Lazy bones 3 here too! Been watching reruns of one born every minute and scaring myself to death lol! plan to :sex: later too (if I can be bothered) :haha: and to inhale some clary sage! I'm avoiding baths as midwife said these slow labour (?) so clary sage showers for me. Been hungry today too. So far 3 minute long period cramps in say 7 hours...and stomach tightenings but not really at the same time!
Mrs mig hop reflexology works!

No dtd here, Mark is too squeamish! I just put clary sage on the soles of my feet and I'm drinking loads of raspberry leaf tea. Getting lots of period pains.

Exciting mrs mig!! I think I will cry when your baby is born!! Will you time them now?

I daren't do too much my bags not quite ready yet lol!

I have been having a lot more BH since 2 days ago. Last night I had a couple of minutes of period like cramps in lower belly. I do have periods of nausea but in between I am starving non stop. No matter how much I eat, an hour later I am starving again! Had checkup yesterday and OB said I am 1cm and he could feel her head. I am scheduled for an induction on Wednesday the 2nd at 39 weeks if she doesnt come on her own before then! (Thanks to Ges. Diabetes) Good luck everyone!

Ill join you in the "other TWW"! Baby due on the 9th Jan. Currently feeling very heavy! Symptoms so far are:

Periods of regular contractions with low back ache and period type pains - contractions every 6 minutes ish and last for 2-3 hours at a time.

Increasingly tired and emotional

Fanny daggers!! Pretty sure baby has a knitting needle in there with him!!!

Ive been getting the sharp pains in my butt too! Its usually when I am trying to sit up in bed to try and get up to go pee :wacko:

I just sneezed and leaked a lil bit, but it doesn't smell like pee. Lying down with a pad on just now, not sure if this could be my waters or not?!

I just sneezed and leaked a lil bit, but it doesn't smell like pee. Lying down with a pad on just now, not sure if this could be my waters or not?!

How did you get on? Was it your waters gone? Ooooo excited for you!

On anther note, I've had my chilli as hot as I could stand it. What makes me laugh now is getting cramps in my lower tummy and trying to work out if I need a number 2 or if they are period cramps.. Everything just seems squashed into the wrong place hahaha.

Had a bounce on the ball earlier and might see if the DH is up for dtd again tonight.. Anything to bring on contractions :happydance:

I've had lots of period type pains today and am really achy, got a feeling it's nothing but would be pleased if it was the start of labour.

Haven't done much today- went to hobbycraft and bought a cross-stitch thing which I can sew baby's name and weight into when he is born. It took me ages just to do a couple of lines- it might be finished by the time baby is about 3...

Lol mrs s-m sounds like it might be relaxing though?

Weejenb exciting!!! I hope it is! Keep us posted.

I just got a surge of energy and got loads of little jobs done!

Mrs a I am the same, with period cramps and bowel cramps but I stop and concentrate and decide what it could be. Also I think I got the same type of thing when I was on my period anyway so I think it's all linked!

Good luck to you too amp!

Everytime I sneeze I leak, Ive been wearing bladder leak pads for like 2 months because of it:blush:

Urggh anyone hate getting into and out of bed these days!? It's almost painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"