Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

I clasp my hands together, lay on my side, put my elbow down and kind of hoist myself up with a rolling movement from one arm to the other! Also been getting leaking, cramps, god knows what else. I'm not timing anything until I know it's contractions. These period type pains aren't anything to get excited about. Right best try to get some sleep. Can't believe my due date is here, after finding out I was pregnant at 3+2 or something preposterous. It seemed like light years away.

Ugh I got my hopes up last night! I was getting BH all evening, about every half hour (I didn't bother timing them properly). They felt a bit more intense than my BH usually are, and lasted until about 3am... I went and got a bowl of cereal, paracetamol, then fell asleep and when I woke up past 6am they had gone.

I could have another 4 weeks of these false alarms :nope:

Sorry looks like it wasn't my waters after all! Not even had any BH overnight :haha:

Hey Ladies! I was feeling very patient but my few wee symptoms have just blown that out of the water. Due 11th of Jan

Getting also the epically (and perfectly) described 'fanny daggers', on and off.
Lots of pressure in me bits
Mild period-like cramps
Warm sensation in my bump
Had increased discharge but it appears to have stopped again
Hot flushes
Intense BH.

I had none of this at 38 weeks with my first (I was induced at 40). I get up about twice a night to pee (was a lot more the first time around) and have no sausage fingers this time or swelling. Just feels very different, I want something to happen!!

Also for ladies worrying about a 10lbs baby, don't ;). My son was 9lbs14oz and I had the tiniest of tear - didn't need any stitches. The big ones don't move so much and because they are bigger you have to push them out slower - meaning you get a chance to stretch rather than suddenly pushing out a baby (which is more likely to cause tearing, it's why they try and get to you to do little pushes when baby crowns). Mine is smaller this time since I don't have GD but I'm still expecting 9lbs plus.

Its 3.30 in the morning and LO has been moving since I went to bed at 11. I have dozed but woken 5 times to pee so far. This is insane!

I've had the worst nights sleep ever last night. I was up at least 5 times to pee - went downstairs so as not to disturb DH at 12:30am (plus his snoring was annoying me anyway). I went back up to bed at around 2:30 and tossed and turned; all in all I must have had about 2 hours sleep. DH got up for work at 6am and I went back to bed after he left, which was about half 6. Thank goodness for an empty bed!! I managed another 2 or 3 hours once he had gone :sleep:

Still no signs of anything moving on though. I have been for a walk around a market and out for lunch and not even the slightest twinge! My DD was born at 38+4, which will be tomorrow for me. She is 18 now and was supposed to be coming in with me while in labour, but its new year and I dont want her staying in for nothing. I've said she is better to go out and enjoy herself rather than sit in and wait with us!

How are you all feeling today? Do any of you have plans for NYE? Its my birthday on 5th Jan and my mum said she was out having a wild time on NYE whilst having me. I dont know about you but I really just dont have the energy!

Happy due date mrs mig!!

Mrs a sorry your night was so disrupted it's just awful isn't it? I have to sleep in the spare room now as MY snoring is so bad Lol but i don't mind as it's comfier and me and hubs always have a cuddle in the morning. Plus I am up around 3 x a night for various preggo related reasons anyway :wacko: And yes we are going out on nye. We are going for a meal in central london and some bars - going to live it up a bit don't know how long I'll last though! Just me and hubs then we are going to join a party via Skype where a nye quiz will be in progress with all our old friends who live too far away for me to travel at this stage!

Everything we have the exact same due dates :). Sorry you got your hopes up and...
Weejenb Sorry it was a false alarm too - this is going to be such an emotional roller coaster and probably it's preparing us for being 'grateful' for the pain!

Emydra I have all those symptoms too and thanks for the info about the weight, I am concerned about baby weight so I'm thinking of having a private scan just to check as I don't want to go overdue with a monster! But it's definitely reassuring what you say :) Everything's been perfectly normal this pregnancy aside from my fundal height being a week ahead but I'd like the reassurance I think! Probably over reacting though!

Darkstar tell me about it! It's such a pain when you're just trying to sleep isn't it!! :hugs:

* I'm concerned about my baby's weight because a midwife and a doc have said I have a big baby and my hubs and father in law were practically 10 pounders. I was 7lbs and I'm not a particularly big person although I've def put on quite a few stone with this pregnancy! It doesn't mean a c section or early induction though does it?

I get up every 2-3 hours to pee...sooooo annoying. And then I have the worst time trying to get back to sleep. When I finally get comfy, LO decides its either time to start wiggling or get the hiccups. Im very emotional and in a bad mood today. Im in New York and we have been dumped on with snow and now my car is stuck in the driveway. Hubby works doubles on weekends and only gets about 6 hours sleep in between so I refuse to wake him up to ask him to get it unstuck so I have been trying by myself to no avail...I just want to cry :cry: I just pray nothing happens that I need to get out for (ex. family emergency) I shoveled but didnt want to over do it because I dont want to go into labor while Im home by myself. Hubby wouldnt be able to leave work until someone came to cover him:shock:

On another note, it really sucks being ravenously hungry, only to make something to eat and then get nauseous while eating it. I have been starving non stop for the last 2 days but every other time I try to eat I just feel like Im going to heave everything up!

:hugs: amp but you were def right not to over do it!! Hope you're having a big rest now. I hat it when things like that happen it takes me ages to get out of a bad mood ESP when pregnant. Can you read a book or watch a film to take your mind off it? I'm the same with hunger v sickness - just like first tri although it's eased off today - had a lovely lunch out with hubs and bought some nice sleep wear for the hospital

* I'm concerned about my baby's weight because a midwife and a doc have said I have a big baby and my hubs and father in law were practically 10 pounders. I was 7lbs and I'm not a particularly big person although I've def put on quite a few stone with this pregnancy! It doesn't mean a c section or early induction though does it?

I don't think they ever know really. I was told my last baby would be small and he was 8 pound 6, not small at all. This one is average on scan (I had one a week ago when he was breech but turned) yet fundal height is 4 weeks ahead, I am huge! They will probably just not let you go too overdue?

I ended up peeing 11 times in the night! Usually its 3 on average. Help I'm broken!

^^^ :rofl: you're doomed!!

Thanks for weight advice - he / she could be completely average :shrug: we'll see!

I was 6lbs10oz...clearly held no baring on the size of my baby hehe.

Nah, no c-section or early induction. Mine was due to having gallstone attacks in the early 3rd tri and borderline GD, so they thought it was safer for me and baby to induce. I'm having another growth scan on friday if I make it that far.

I'm glad but also annoyed you have the same symptoms as me! I want someone to say 'oh yeah same symptoms, then I gave birth 24 hours later' iykwim. It's nice to have a fellow sufferer.

I'm a tad disappointed baby hasn't got things going tonight as tomorrow is DS's birthday and I'd have liked them to have shared a birthday.

Well you never know it could be 24 hours later (from now :haha:) I'll let you know! Can the cervix be a bit dilated by now say 1-2cm or does that come with severe pain?

You can be in latent labour with basically no pain, so you can get to 3cm gradually over days/a week and know nothing about it! This sounds like latent labour to me, and having not gone naturally before this is a very different sensation to having it done with pessaries.

I would say it sounds like baby getting VERY engaged and a bit of dilation, that's what I've decided I have.

The really really low/sharp pain I had on pessaries but it was completely constant rather than the occasional jabs. I found that the worst part of the experience to be honest. I reckon if you popped one in now though my baby would come flying out hehe

Are the pessaries that labour inducing chemical can't remember its name? I'm happy to think my body is doing something!

:hugs: amp but you were def right not to over do it!! Hope you're having a big rest now. I hat it when things like that happen it takes me ages to get out of a bad mood ESP when pregnant. Can you read a book or watch a film to take your mind off it? I'm the same with hunger v sickness - just like first tri although it's eased off today - had a lovely lunch out with hubs and bought some nice sleep wear for the hospital

Laying on couch with the dog and about to watch a movie. My brother and sister in law came and got me out, but now my back is killing me because I was trying to hold the dog back when they were trying to come in the door...I just cant win today lol. Then I wonder if back pain is pulled muscle or onset of labor!

All this symptom spotting is so much like the TWW! Sounds like many of you are getting closer though. Me on the other hand seem to have been in less pain today... think a long walk may be needed tomorrow.
Would be really exciting if baby came on new years day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->