Any advice on how much expressed milk a 7 month old need ?

crownest

Reaction score
I'm away next weekend from my DS he is 30 weeks I leave 6pm Friday and should be back 2 pm Sunday. I have about 70/ 80 oz in the fridge maybe bit more by Friday. Usually he gets maybe one bottle a week usually at bedtime on a Friday so I can have glass of wine and read a book for an hour and he takes whatever is in the bottle 6-7 oz but he will drink more if I let him but he will be uncomfortable afterwards. I haven't a clue how much to give him in daytime bottles I was thinking 5 oz and I assume he will just look for a feed earlier if it doesn't fill him. He is eating solids 3 meals a day . Does anyone have any advice any mom's that give pumped bottles regularly what do you give (I know every baby is different just looking at ball park). I was thinking of trying a bottle of formula just in case of emergency to see if he will take it.

How often does he breastfeed around the solid food?

He still feeds about every 3 hours during the day. I offer solids about an hour after a feed he eats what he wants but if he's not interested I leave him. So he feeds 5 or 6 times a day sometimes he will have a quick drink during the night but not a full feed. I still feed on demand so I let him deceide how much and how often.

I didn't express, I ff, but my daughter took 4x7oz per day st that age.

I think if he is used to 5-6 feeds a day and isn't always interested in food then he's probably getting most of his nutrition from milk still (which is appropriate for his age).

Kellymom says "The research tells us that exclusively breastfed babies take in an average of 25 oz (750 mL) per day between the ages of 1 month and 6 months. Different babies take in different amounts of milk; a typical range of milk intakes is 19-30 oz per day (570-900 mL per day)." so the best bet is to assume he'll take the largest amount over the largest number of bottles - so 900 divided by 6 = 150ml or 5oz.

So you would be looking at having available 6 x 5oz bottles for every 24hrs. Sounds like you have easily enough in your stash.

He may want milk more frequently while you are away for the comfort factor.

Thanks noon-child I think I'm on the right track so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->