Any advice on swimming

Dottie

Reaction score
Just booked parent and baby swimming classes for next week - anyone tried swimming nappies which are good also how do you manage to keep LO one warm and happy whilst you get changed - ant tips welcome !!

Hi,

We went yesterday for the first time. We used Huggies swim nappies and bought some little trunks from boots which are like nappies as well, we used both.

My advice, whilst in the pool, keep them close to you and have constant eye contact and smile loads.

The changing part afterwards was rather tricky I have to say. I would say, put LO in his/her swimming gear before you leave for pool (under normal clothes) and then you can just whip them off and straight in. Make sure they are wearing easy clothes, romper suits, all-in-ones etc.

I would also say it's a good idea to take them into the shower afterwards and give them a rinse off as the chlorine can agravate their skin.

Have a warm bottle or boobie at the ready afterwards as it makes them very hungry.

And don't expect lots of laughs the first time. Our LO was quite serious and overwhelmed by it all. She didn't cry (much) though.

I'm sure you'll have a fab time.

we take maddi every week - she has had swimming lessons since 3months, its wonderful.

we use huggies swim nappies and find them excellent.

our swim school insists on these https://www.splashabout.net/ reusable swim nappies - we use huggies underneath and then a wrap from the same company over the top - it keeps her so lovely and warm.

we usually stay in for about 30mins and i have found the lessons excellent to help with water safety and fun in the water.

enjoy your lesson x

I cant find any swimdiapers small enough here!

Much the same advice as above really. We started swimming a couple of weeks ago and Max adores it. The swimming instructor told us to get ourselves into our swimming costumes first then change the baby. We use a swim nappy and then a happy nappy (similar to trucks and keeps everything in place) and then when we come out the opposite way, change the baby first and then get yourself ready. Totally agree with taking all in ones for your baby - take a spare, mine always seems to get wet somehow. Also another tip is take plenty of towels - one for when he/she comes out so you can immediately wrap them and then one to lie on and one to dry - my god you may as well pack the whole cupboard!!! Hope you have a fab time x

Same advice as above really - take 2 or 3 towels for your LO, and take one out to the side of the pool, so that as soon as you get out you can wrap LO up. For your first time, just stay in for 10 mins or so, and make sure you go to a pool that has a seperate baby/small pool as it'll be warmer than the main pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->