Any advise please?

DizzyJ

Reaction score
Right this is not exactly ttc problem as such but I did not really know where else to put it.
Well after my mmc in june we have waited a bit to start trying again with some conviction (we was not really trying to prevent it though either iykwim) but then I had to have my smear done 3 weeks ago as last year showed I had mild changes but after a biopsy I was cleared to come back again this year.

Well I got my results last fri which was really quick but as I am under the hospital I am hoping it was more that. Well it said I have now got "severe squamous cell dyskaryosis". and on the 19 oct they are going to remove this with a Loop.

So this is my moan, first of all afterwards according to this letter there is to be no B'ding for 4-6 weeks and I can't help but feel that is two possible baby chances I am losing.

Then, also to be honest I am s**t scared I have never had this done before so has anyone or know do you know anyone who has had this loop done? I'm sorry this is a ramble but it has been on my mind 24 hours since i found out. :help:

Dizzy is this cervix cancer :shock:

Dyskaryosis Term used in cytology to describe nuclear abnormalities in cervical cells. Dyskaryotic cells are classified as mild, moderate and severe and correlate with CIN I, CIN II and CIN III.

Squamous A type of multi-layers cells, which line the vagina and outer layer of the cervix.

Squamous Cell The most common form of cervical cancer.
Carcinoma / Cancer

Oh gosh Dizzy you poor thing :hugs:

I would be out of my mind also - I've had a wee look on Google & can't see anything that suggests it can be painful. Your health is so much more important right now & your health whist carrying your bubba. Think positive through the negative if you can which is a healthy you to get right back on TTC, you will be fit to go never mind bursting to go :wink:

Much hugs for you Dizzy :hugs:

"Dyskaryosis Term used in cytology to describe nuclear abnormalities in cervical cells. Dyskaryotic cells are classified as mild, moderate and severe and correlate with CIN I, CIN II and CIN III"

I had this... but was only CIN I/CIN II boderline
They did the colposcopy 1st (back in 2002) and i just have to go back every 6 months for another colposcopy so they can keep an eye out for any changes.
I don't know anyone they've used the loop on a couple of friends had the laser way, and they were ok. Just had a couple of days rest afterwards.

I get upset after my colposcopies cos they say no BD for 2/3 weeks after to prevent infection.

I know we're all avid BDers and TTC takes over life, but cells that could possibly be cancerous need to take priority
I'm sorry that your results haven't come back clear though, but i'm glad they're taking swift action to look after you. Hopefully after the rest you get your BFP soon after!!

:hugs:

xox

Thanks girls I know you are right in saying my health comes first and I need to be fit but I think i must be be having a feel sorry for me day (lol)

And now to top it off I have had a letter to say they wanted me in yesterday which is no good when it comes today. So I called them up and the secretary is so dozy and she was like I think i have you in on the 11 th now but I'm not sure this has really confused me (that makes two of us) and she will send me out a new app. Damn people!!!

I know this is stupid but I feel like someone, somewhere is trying to tell me to stop being greedy. I have a boy and a girl which everybody says is perfect. They just don't seem to understand and I know you gals do. Sorry for my moan again!! :oops:

I would be the same if they said to me no BDing for ages.
And health comes first is easy for people on the outside to say, I would defo be having a feel sorry for myself day too!
(i am everytime i have to go for a colposcopy! lol!)

xox

I'd be feeling sorry for me too Dizzy :hugs:

I just try & look at the positive outcome when I hit a negative one x

Your health does come first babe, and I get that you see it that you are missing opportunities, but you want to be a healthy Mum........I would also be shit scared hun, but the hospital seem to have it all in hand and are acting fast, so there is a positive!!

Get this over and done with babe, then the world is your oyster!

I wish you the best of luck hun, and make sure you keep us posted! :hugs: xx

Hi

Try not to worry. It's definitely NOT cancer. If left untreated, it can develop into cancer but only over a long time. This sort of problem is really treatable and you need to get it seen to ASAP. The docs are really careful afterwards checking you regularly. Smears every 6 months for 1st 12 months, followed by every year for 5 years.

I've had severe dyskaryosis 8 years ago now. I had mine disposed of with the laser treatment. I'm not sure what happens with the loop but I was back at work the next day with nothing worse than period type pains.

The abstinence is a bit of a blow but they give you some cream for the first week which you turkey baste yourself with which kills any thoughts of romance anyway! :lol:

H

xx

Helen said:
The abstinence is a bit of a blow but they give you some cream for the first week which you turkey baste yourself with which kills any thoughts of romance anyway! :lol:

Are you trying to cheer me up?? LOL

Well I got another letter this morning to say I am in on the 10 oct so that is next tues. (They had better not move it again)I will keep you informed!! Thanks for the support and kind words. The dh just keeps saying don't worry. It's the thought of sitting in those damn stirrupts (sp?) is just far to cruel for us gals. They must have been invented by a man :wink:

Lots of luck Dizzy x :hugs: Let us know how you are won't you x

Are you trying to cheer me up??

If it's any consolation I've spied a tube of that stuff in my IVF drugs and I found out today that I start on it on Sunday. :sick: :lol:

Good luck with the stirrups...one of the most inelegant things ever invented....Yeee haaaahh! Ride 'em Cowgirl! :wink:

Good luck, sure all will be ok. :hugs:

H

xx

Sorry it has taken me so long to check back in. I have feeling pretty s***y since i had it done but I feel as if today is a better day. The loop was not too bad as they give you a local anesthetic to numb ( this made my legs shake like mad and all I could think was don't knock her, I don't want her removing something else too :shock: )

Afterwords I just had bad period type pains but I have felt really swollen since and have had loads of watery discharge (sorry tmi) so at least the last thing on my mind is any b'ding which has least took my mind of thinking about ttc.

But on a brighter note I took myself off for some retail therapy and brought some gorgeous throws. :)

:hugs:

Nothing better than retail theropy ~ Hope your back on form 100% soon

x

im glad it wasnt 2 bad and hope yu are feeling tonnes better xxx

Glad it went well hun and you are starting to feel better....

Retail therapy is the ideal tonic for most things :wink:

Take care babe, and remember to keep us updated :hugs: xx

hi i'm really glad you are feeling better :D:D :hugs: and sorry to crash but what all do they do coloscopy (sp) for? my dr said i have to get one, my date is january 31st (after i have the baby) but he hasn't really said anything else to me?? i'm a bit confused lol is it only for cervical cancer?? or for other things to?? the reason i have to get it is because i've had 2 "abnormal" pap's which scared me into thinking STD or something :shock: god that would be horrible, but my dr said that its not for that or something...dr's are so hard to talk to sometimes... if anyone can tell me the reasons to get them? thanks..again sorry to crash :oops:

Thanks for all the well wishes gals. You are all right about the retail therapy they should sell us that on the NHS. I was thinking they could just give the sick or depressed £100 or something and I'm sure they would save loads of money in prescriptions and doctors time. :thumpup:

Lexis mommy I can only tell you about what I had done and what i was told and i hope this may help:

Colposcopy : an examination using a speculum. You will need to put your legs in stirrups so you can be examined and the surgeon will use acetic acid (similar to weak vinegar) to stain your cervix, any abnormal cells show up as white patches. Your surgeon can perform biopsies to help make diagnosis. ( i had this done last year and I had a cone biopsie, this came back fine and the smear showed I only had mild changes so they then said repeat in 12 months). The reason beingis "mild" changes can often correct themselves and require no treatment.

After 12 months though my changes had come up "severe". (the stages or changes as they rate them are Mild CN1, Moderate CN2 or severe CN3. And with CN3 they will perform a LLETZ to remove all of these cells.

These changes in cells are not saying you have cervical cancer but they do know that in SOME people they may over time (it can take up to ten years) become cancerous. While they know that the sexally transmitted disease HPV can be a factor in cervical cancer there are also other contributing factors. So don't get worked up thinking the worst . I hope this link may be helpful https://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/cervical/cervab.html

It explains much better than me about why and what causes some of these changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->