Any bedsharing formula feeding moms?

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
How do you do it?

Ginny is starting to make her way into the bed with me after her nightly feed but wouldn't it be lovely if neither me or Oh (he doesnt sleep in the bed with me)doesn't have to get up to make a bottle (downstairs).

I'm thinking of boiling water so it's hot and putting her powder in a bowl and having it for when the time is ready. She likes her formula warm (we generally microwave the water). Do you think a bottle will handle boiling water...I'm sure that is a stupid question. Do you think it will still be a bit warm four hours later. She normally wakes between 2/3.

I don't have a bottle warmer and at this stage don't want to put out money for one if at night is the only time it will be used.

Thanks.

I have just started combi feeding and we bedshare. I have a third full tub of formula in the bedroom and I take a flask of boiling water, a bottle of cooled boiled water and a couple of bottles up with me. When DS needs feeding I use half boiling and half cooled water to mix in with the powder and that is normally pretty spot on on the temp.

A bottle of boiling water would be cold four hours later, they stay warm for about half a hour to forty five mins max.

i wish she would take room temp but I might see what happens. When we go out we warm bottles for 2 min in the microwave and two hours later they are perfect for her.

you might be surprised that she'll start taking room temp. My lo wouldn't take it anything other than very warm for months. Now she takes room temp and even cold from the fridge. we are bedsharing also. usually I take one from the fridge when i go to bed and typically she needs to eat within 2 hours, it's room temp by then. otherwise i have gotten up and microwaved them, my sleep is already awful anyway. lol

We used the Baby Brezza kettle, plugged it in next to the bed to make up a bottle. It keeps water at a constant 98 degrees through the night:)

I have just started combi feeding and we bedshare. I have a third full tub of formula in the bedroom and I take a flask of boiling water, a bottle of cooled boiled water and a couple of bottles up with me. When DS needs feeding I use half boiling and half cooled water to mix in with the powder and that is normally pretty spot on on the temp.

A bottle of boiling water would be cold four hours later, they stay warm for about half a hour to forty five mins max.

We do the flask too and keep a tub of formula in our room

Or instead of having a tub of formula upstairs I have those measuring pots that you can buy so its already measured out and ready to pour in. I also take a thermos flask up and just top up my bottles to the right amount before adding formula x

ladies who use flasks, do you put boiling water in it or do you fil half an hour after the kettle boils? how hot is it after several hours?

ladies who use flasks, do you put boiling water in it or do you fil half an hour after the kettle boils? how hot is it after several hours?

I just put boiling water in the flask. Last about 6 hours x

Or instead of having a tub of formula upstairs I have those measuring pots that you can buy so its already measured out and ready to pour in. I also take a thermos flask up and just top up my bottles to the right amount before adding formula x

Same :thumbup:

We don't do this at night (my kitchen is outside my bedroom door) but when we go out I use a thermos full of boiling water and I put the bottle in it to warm it up...kind of a no electricity needed cheap bottle warmer. The water stays boiling hot for hours and it only takes a few min to heat the bottle up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->