Any big adventures before you ttc?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I was wondering if any of you had any big plans, anything you want to do (again) before "settling down" and ttc? I'm big on the whole carpe-diem-thing just now, trying to cram all the adventure I can into the few months until we ttc and embark on an alltogether different one. We've got a big-ish trip to the states planned, a city break in europe, a festival I've been going to for 10 years now and a few asorted gigs as well (RATM in London - Rock on!). I'm so excited about being a parent but I will miss being able to do those kinds of things on a whim. What about you?

I have a few holidays this year and i want to do as much camping with the oh and my dogs this summer as i can i love it and i wont be able to do it for a few years. My biggest thing this year is we are moving from our 1 bed flat to a proper family house with a garden and i'm so excited :happydance:

Hi ladies! I was wondering if any of you had any big plans, anything you want to do (again) before "settling down" and ttc? I'm big on the whole carpe-diem-thing just now, trying to cram all the adventure I can into the few months until we ttc and embark on an alltogether different one. We've got a big-ish trip to the states planned, a city break in europe, a festival I've been going to for 10 years now and a few asorted gigs as well (RATM in London - Rock on!). I'm so excited about being a parent but I will miss being able to do those kinds of things on a whim. What about you?

what festival do you go too

It's Hurricane festival over on the continent. Always awesome. Lots of sunshine and usually an amazing line-up, although by now it's more of a tradition and I mainly go to meet old friends who have moved all over the place.

The only 2 things im planning to do are walk my marathon and go on my holiday. Im glad i set these things to do before ttc as i think i would lose my mind with nothing to focus on!! xx

We have our wedding and honeymoon. Our honeymoon is our last big expensive adventure!! That is about all we have that we want to do before ttc other than save some money!!

Only going on holidays in Summer hopefully, but nothing big planned.

It's Hurricane festival over on the continent. Always awesome. Lots of sunshine and usually an amazing line-up, although by now it's more of a tradition and I mainly go to meet old friends who have moved all over the place.
You go to the Hurricane festival in Scheeßel? it is not even 100 km away from where I live ^^

Just our wedding! We'll be ntnp by the time we go on honeymoon, move house, graduate and (hopefully) go to Sonosphere festival! Hey, by the time we move, I graduate and we go to Sonosphere I might actually be pregnant!! I'm set to have a very exciting but very stressful year and I wouldn't change our plans for the world!!! :happydance:

Beca :wave:

My holiday was supposed to be our last big thing but i dont know now.

You go to the Hurricane festival in Scheeßel? it is not even 100 km away from where I live ^^

Wow! Have you even been? What are you doing out there? Or in case you're German: What are you doing on here? :haha:

Actually I have to admit that I was never there , but It is on tv too sometimes and You can see all these people coming back from it when I am at the central station xD(I actually wanted to go but I never came round to go, but they often have great headlines )

God, I know this is going to sound really old and boring....but I'm just looking forward to getting married, becoming Mr Boofs wife and making babies! I used to think I wanted to do the whole travel thing, but I'm definately a homegirl! x

So how did you end up in Germany?
I am sorry but both sides of my family have been in the area of Germany for 300 years :rofl:

(There is even a street named after an ancestor in Hamburg ^^)

I am sorry but both sides of my family have been in the area of Germany for 300 years :rofl:

:rofl: Ok, then I guess my questions is how come you're on an English speaking pregnancy forum? Sorry if I'm being nosy, just curious...

I'm getting married!! :happydance: and I'm going on my first holiday alone with OH (our honeymoon) which is kinda apprehensive but exciting.

Then I can say I've done the big thing and settled, maybe we will move before I don't know (we have been talking about getting a bigger place for my doggies.)

If TTC doesn't take long then I plan to just settle and be happy and pregnant, but if it doesn't happen straight away then I have back up plans to keep myself busy so I don't stress.

I'm getting married!! :happydance: and I'm going on my first holiday alone with OH (our honeymoon) which is kinda apprehensive but exciting.

Then I can say I've done the big thing and settled, maybe we will move before I don't know (we have been talking about getting a bigger place for my doggies.)

If TTC doesn't take long then I plan to just settle and be happy and pregnant, but if it doesn't happen straight away then I have back up plans to keep myself busy so I don't stress.

Our honeymoon is our first holiday alone together too! We don't count visiting family- we've done that a lot as both sides live a fair distance away- as we don't really get much alone time and it's not really relaxing,at least when we visit my parents!

Beca :wave:

:rofl: Ok, then I guess my questions is how come you're on an English speaking pregnancy forum? Sorry if I'm being nosy, just curious...
I have been on international forums for years xD. Mainly because my topic of interest wasnt served in German xD. Anyway, I prefer International forums because national only can be very stuck up xD if you know what I mean,
I also like to have a wider choice ,too.
Recently I dared a look into a German forum of this kind and apart from them not having WTT boards or similar , the language and terms that they use are so horrible, nevertheless I am in one German speaking only forum and I was never really part of that although I have quite a good number of posts.

and If nothing else helps I have got an English Speaking OH, (South-African) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->