• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any big momma's out there?

Hey girls!

I have a BMI of 35 so am not the smallest of people. Haha. Don't let my prof pic trick you, I starved myself quite efficiently and altho it was only 7 months ago gained more than 10kgs before conceiving Bambi,

As far as I can read overweight women can have longer labours and of course an increase in chance of gestational diabetes, which I'm already at an increased chance of getting as my mother had it and I loooove the lollies.

My book what to expect when your expecting says that being obese can make a doctors job measuring the uterus harder and Also it can make c-sections and their recovery more difficult. Apparently we can get extra symptoms too like extra backache, swelling, varicose vains and heartburn.

It says a normal weight range woman should gain 13 kgs an overweight woman 7-9 and an obese woman on average 6, but then it goes on to say that these are averages and your doctor may change or have a different amount than these.

Love betheney

Ok ladies, I have sent a pm to Wobbles asking if there is any possibility of having a "Big Momma's Club" forum, will keep you updated xx

Hi all - I am also a BIIIIIG momma - size 24/26 in trousers..... guess BMI is about 50???? shock horror!

am in therapy at minute and am absolutely NOT dieting - just trying to eat what I want along the lines of 'overcoming overeating'.... doing pretty well actually!

really hope we can have a big momma's forum, as long as it doesn't turn into weight loss focus...I know some people choose to continue slimming whilst pregnant, and that's cool, but I really don't want to put that in my head again!

can't wait to be a mummy!! so good to read all your posts, very reassuring

Hi just wanted to say Bon prix is great for plus size affordable cloths online have a look x

Im not sure whats going on with me long story but have scan 2moz if i am preggers will come back and join the big mommas club yey.

xx

I am very big (eugh hate writing that), really should have lost weight prior to conceiving but hey too late now.

I'm due on 31 Dec (by my calculations) and not seen Dr or midwife yet.

When are you due?

I am due around the 11th January - which happens to be my birthday!

I have tried so many times to lose weight, but it always piles back on again. Hasn't stopped me conceiving though so something must be right! I have booked an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday morning so just have to wait and see what she says about how my weight will affect things!

Just praying that the little bean sticks now [-o<

Hey sweetie!

I am due 11th January too, hoping for a sticky one! :cloud9:

I'm classed as obese :growlmad: Grrr hate that word!

I started the beginning of the year at 18st and I am now down to 16st and then got my BFP :happydance: I'm still classed as obese but am pleased with how well I've done so far. I'm going to try and maintain my weight as best as I can during my PG as I really don't want to put the whole lot back on! I'm comfortable with putting some on just not the whole lot!

Hi can I join Im new

Im also a big momma I found out I was pregnant yesterday so Im nearly 5 weeks. We have been trying for about a yr but I joined SW 3 weeks ago and Ive lost 8 pounds which Im quite proud of and I really think I got pregnant from losing a little bit of weight. Im worried now that Ill just put it back on plus a lot more. I have been told that I can carry on with Slimming World but not sure how it would work.Hopefully off to Drs tomorrow so Ill find more info out. Sorry for the rant,lol xx

Hey

Ive popped over from 2nd tri to say hi to everyone :D

Im a big momma too lol. At first i was so worried that weight would be an issue with me and had no one really around for support as in online friends so i think its great what yous are doing here :D

My weight has been mentioned by my midwive who says i will be put under consultant care and doesnt want me to gain no more than 10 pounds in this pregnancy lol. Ive also had the diabetes tests which came back fine :). She also told me that at about 32-33 weeks i would have to have an appointment with the anaethetist.

The only downside about me being bigger is that i havent felt any movement as yet but i was warned of this because we have alot more tissue and fat so would take powerful kicks for some ppl to feel them :(

As for maternity clothes i only really started to need to wear them from 15 weeks onwards i got some nice stuff off the littlewoods website online and its quite decent priced.

Hope yous all have a happy and healthy 9 months :D and remember use this forum for anything u need to ask i wish i did lol

Hi I am 5ft 9 and 16stone a size 18 I think my BMI is 32. My midwife did not really say anything at my booking appointment.

I am a bit worried as I am bigger now than I was last time.

I aways remember at Christmas last year I had to go to the nurse at my drs to have an ECG and the nurse asked me when I was due.....I was mortified. She must have felt a right plonker when I told her I was not pregnant!!!!

Nice to meet you all!

I am feeling a little pessamistic aboutt this pregnancy to be honest. Last time I had thrush practically from conception right through to delivery and an implantation bleed day before period was due. This time nothing (other than a missed period and 2 positive tests on consecutive days!)

Hi all - I am also a BIIIIIG momma - size 24/26 in trousers..... guess BMI is about 50???? shock horror!

Hiya - my BMI is also around the 50 mark. Last time I was pregnant I was 3 stone lighter by the time I had delivered thanks to horrendous morning sickness!!

I lost weight in last pregnancy due to morning sickness I put everything back on and a little more when had LO. I was overweight last time but there was never a big issue with my midwife I was never under consultant care for my weight but then again I had a consultant for other issues so I dunno whether that made a difference or maybe it depends on areas as well?

Hi just wanted to say Bon prix is great for plus size affordable cloths online have a look x

Im not sure whats going on with me long story but have scan 2moz if i am preggers will come back and join the big mommas club yey.

xx

Just had a look at the bon prix website and it looks amazing! Thank you for suggesting that.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow - will keep my fingers crossed for you :flower:

am in therapy at minute and am absolutely NOT dieting - just trying to eat what I want along the lines of 'overcoming overeating'.... doing pretty well actually!

really hope we can have a big momma's forum, as long as it doesn't turn into weight loss focus...I know some people choose to continue slimming whilst pregnant, and that's cool, but I really don't want to put that in my head again!

can't wait to be a mummy!! so good to read all your posts, very reassuring

I agree - for me the reason I want a big momma's club is so that I can chat with women going through the same things as me and to get advice from those that have already been there and done it.

I am trying so hard to be good with my eating habits both for me and my baby, if I can crack that then I can concentrate on losing weight in the future. I'm reluctant to say "after the birth" cos it's such early days I'm so afraid that something awful will happen. Trying to stay positive though!

im also worried that somethign might happen :( its hard to kick that feeling sopecially with previous mc so im size 16/18 and worrie it will be my weight that made me mc and it wil happen again .. x

xx

Just had a look at the bon prix website and it looks amazing! Thank you for suggesting that.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow - will keep my fingers crossed for you :flower:

Thanks hun xxx

hello :)
I'm plus size also, had my first midwife appointment the other day, not sure on my exact weight as I've never been one for weighing myself and go by how I feel and clothes, midwife did my BMI though and I am in the obese category :( I'm 6ft and currently size 18 ish pushing 20 in some clothes, I've always struggled with my weight, I'm of a stocky build anyway but when I've stayed around a 16 I've been happy.
Midwife was helpful re: weight gain etc during pregnancy as that was a big concern for me, its diffficult enough to lose/maintain without adding lots of extra pregnancy pounds. She has said that I could opt for something like weightwatchers of slimming world and technically go through pregnancy loosing some fat but still staying healthy for the bub and not gaining too much.
I'm due December so a little before you but would be good to have someone to chat to etc :)

Tink x

Hi all im new to the forums saw this thread and thought i'd join ya, before i got pregnant with my daughter (now 2 yrs old) i was a healthy 10st but put 4st on during pregnancy due to a very large appetite and no self restraint, then after i had Madison i somehow got PCOS wich wasnt diagnosed until last september, anyway i ended up gaining another 5st so in september i weighed in at 19st, i then got depression and literally lived on 1 slice of bread or a cup of soup every 4-5days, not the healthiest way to lose weight and i certinaly do not recommend it but i did lose 3 1/2st so now i weigh in at 16.5st wich makes my BMI roughly 36, and iv just found out im 4weeks pregnant, total shock wasnt trying but so happy about it, after bein diagnosed with PCOS i thought there was no hope of me gettin pregnant (wich caused my depresion) but now my little miracle has happened and im over the moon

anyway sorry for the essay im goin to see my doctor on friday and start the ball rollin for midwife apps and stuff, so fingers crossed all goes well

congrats to all u who are pregnant :)

Leanne

hi ladies can i join please, im 5.4" and am a comfortable size 18 my bmi is 35 so am classed as obese to :( but i was fine all the way through with my last pregnancy and am so now. and i also felt movements from around 16 weeks last time to!

YAY FOR ALL THE BIG MAMAS!!
xxx

If anyone is interested just found this seller on ebay... https://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Blooming-Beautiful-Bumps__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Have ordered a couple of bras from her for £1.99 each! They may be rubbish but for £1.99 I'll give them a try!!!

Remember girls its better to be a size 20 and be eating healthy than to be a size 10 and to be living of macdonalds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->