any BIPOLAR mummy's???---->I'm TTC bb#1/starting this month!! & need some guidance!

D

dmestiza

I am going to start TTC for my first baby this month as soon as my period is finished!!
I am curious to know how other Bipolar mother's dealt with there pregnancies, during and after there pregnancy?!!? & also how did you feel when you were actually pregnant!!?? If you have any input that you can share i would be soo happy to read it!!
I am 24 years old and happily married for 6 years now... I am very much stable & taking medications atm, and have been told to keep taking my medication (lithium & abilify) as it will keep me healthy when im pregnant. I am also taking Metformin to help with my PCOS.

Thanks for reading & hopefully there are other.... TTCbipolar mummy's or even bipolar mummy's!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::baby::happydance::hugs:

I was diagnosed bipolar at 13. I was on lamictal when we started ttc and had to quickly stop when I found out I was pregnant. The pregnancy was not difficult for me emotionally, surprisingly! (Well not any more difficult than anyone else I've talked to!) The hormones seemed to keep me balanced for the entirety of the pregnancy and it wasn't until I was 6 months that I could feel myself cycling again. I've been reevaluated twice since having my daughter (5/1/13) and told that I am managing well and there's no need for medication and am now trying for number two :)

I'm 24 and engaged to my daughter's father. We've been together about 4 years now.

Good luck! This is our first month trying again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->