Any breastfeeding dieters?

For you ladies using MFP - if you click on "add food" on your food diary and search "breastfeeding", it brings up a list breastfeeding options. I just selected "breastfeeding - 3-5 times a day" and its put 300 negative calories onto my diary. That pretty much what I did anyway when I customised my goals. Just a handy tip in case you didn't already know :thumbup:

I am still breastfeeding my little man but he is a bit older now, I am following the slimming world diet and using fitness dvds :) I just eat lots of fruit as snacks and im never hungry, I have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks :) x

HiLadies, just wondering if someone could tell me about the 'My Fitness Pal', and where you join up? Gained 15kgs with my second pregnancy, and looking to take it off and then some,
thanks

Its myfitnesspal.com and its a calorie counter. I've been using it to log my food and exercise for nearly a week now. Getting a little obsessed lol. When you sign up add me, I'm cherrypie606. Good luck!

Thanks SugarFairy. I have now joined, but I dont know how to add you. If you wanted to add me im islasaga
Good luck to you too :flower:

Took me a while to find the friend search too. Glad to help x

How is everyone getting on now its midweek?? Monday and tuesday for me were crap and i didnt log my food at all, so no idea if i was over but im guessing i was, little man is teething so not a happy house at the moment but better today, logged in to mfp today and i am under 1500 ( ive already logged in tea for tonight as know whatvim having) and i havent added the 300 extra for breastfeeding yet so i dont know whether to bother really or if i should try and stick at 1500 and see if i stsrt losing again ive been stuck for ages.

you burn off cals breastfeeding anyway, apparently. On my fitness pass it knocks off 600 cals because I am tadem feeding but I am on 1690 cals a week so its slow weight loose but suits me as I wont starve then.

I've not logged it on MFP yet as I'll do my proper weigh-in tomorrow but I'm already 4lbs down. I vary daily though so I'll put in whatever weight I am tomorrow morning. I was half a lb lighter yesterday than today but I was under my calories so not worried x

I am breastfeeding, and I am on the South Beach diet. Basically it cuts out sugars and carbs for the first two weeks, and then after two weeks, you get to have good fruit and carbs added to the diet. There is no portion control...if you are hungry - you eat....just no bread, rice, fruit etc. It's not too bad. I have lost 5lbs since Monday!

Instead of Adding breastfeeding as food i jus added 300 cals to my daily allowance.. On my phone i can edit the number of cals i can eat

I only breastfed my LO twice a day, so I've set my cals at 1400 and I seem to be doing ok, I eat my exercise cals too (not on the day, but I aim to average out over the week)

I try to eat between 1500-1800 per day. When I came home from the hospital I was 167 and now I am 142! At first i thought I was losing too much too quickly but my Ob said some women's metabolism is higher than others. It depends on the woman's fat to muscle ratio. The only exercise I do is baby wearing and house chores so my Ob just contributes it to breastfeeding. I am 5'5 and my target weight is 123 which was what I weighed pre-baby. Hopefully we all reach our goal soon!

Instead of Adding breastfeeding as food i jus added 300 cals to my daily allowance.. On my phone i can edit the number of cals i can eat

I was doing that initially but prefer adding it as a food and getting the minus calories. Only thing is it sometimes means it looks like I'm under 1200cals so MFP tell me off lol x

I only breastfed my LO twice a day, so I've set my cals at 1400 and I seem to be doing ok, I eat my exercise cals too (not on the day, but I aim to average out over the week)
Are you on MFP? Feel free to add me. I'm cherrypie606 x

And Redstiletto, you're doing really well! Go you! x

Thanks ladies! Remember to feed feed feed! I think my baby is draining me lol. He is in the 75th percentile so not too big, not too small but he has a massive appetite! I will update my status in a week or two :flower:

I try to eat between 1500-1800 per day. When I came home from the hospital I was 167 and now I am 142! At first i thought I was losing too much too quickly but my Ob said some women's metabolism is higher than others. It depends on the woman's fat to muscle ratio. The only exercise I do is baby wearing and house chores so my Ob just contributes it to breastfeeding. I am 5'5 and my target weight is 123 which was what I weighed pre-baby. Hopefully we all reach our goal soon!

Oh, and the day before I went into labor I weighed 186! When I came home 2 days later (Unbelievable! I hate California sometimes..) I was 167 so I guess the 19 lbs was my baby, placenta, and fluids lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->