Any breastfeeding dieters?

SugarFairy

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Just wondering how you're doing it, what you're eating and so on. Have you just cut out all the bad bits or using smaller portions of the same stuff? I'd love to chat and share ideas : )

I am.. Its hard, i have my current cals at 1400.. But i think thats too less as im stil hungry lol.. So might change it bak to 1500.. And thats jus with lo feedin once in day and a few times at night.. Are u on my fitness pal?

No I haven't signed up to anything yet but I've heard of it so might have a look next time I'm on the computer instead of my phone. I'm not good at counting calories so I'm going to have to be careful to ensure I'm still getting plenty so I can feed LO x

Hi i am too and i am on my fitness pal too it really is good to keep track if i dont use it i over eat because im hungry all the time, i have my calories set to 1800 at the moment and im going to see how i am doing after a few weeks and if i havent lost much ill reduce it down to maybe 1500 and try thwt out.
Food wise i am eating more healthily but i still allow some naughty things or id go mad, i crave chocolate really bad so i have been having chocolate hazelnut spread on wholemeal toast when i fancy something chocolately.
Good luck.

How often are u breastfeedin lo raven? My los a lot older n i seem to be hungry at 1400 cals.. Im gna see what my weightloss is this week n if its more than 1.5lb then im gna increase my cals x

Signed up to My Fitness Pal. I love that you can just search for the food and it already knows how many calories etc! That makes it easier. I'm still BFing on demand so set my calories to 1800 instead of the 1500 it suggested, though he is weaning so not completely dependant on me. I'll drop it after a few weeks if I'm not losing anything x

Im doing it with Slimming World & finding it quite easy tbh :)

I've got quite a big appetite & couldn't be bothered counting calories & stuff so SW is perfect for me as you can eat loads :thumbup: xx

Add me on mfp sugar and raven, its safu1234 :)

Whats the basis of SW Nicki? Off to add you now Sept : ) I'm cherrypie606 if anyone wants to add me

its more of a healthy eating - food optimising plan that encourages you to eat a balanced diet by basing everything around fresh fruit/veg but allows pretty much everything as long as it isnt cooked with any added fat

its obviously much better than ive just written but im rubbish at explaining things :dohh:

ive lost 30lbs so far & have been doing it for 20wks :thumbup: xx

How often are u breastfeedin lo raven? My los a lot older n i seem to be hungry at 1400 cals.. Im gna see what my weightloss is this week n if its more than 1.5lb then im gna increase my cals x

I only feding my youngest and he feeds alot still probably 8 to 10 times over 24 hours half in day half in night :sleep: lol i did start off at 1400 cals but i couldnt hack it i was starving and ended up binging on food

its more of a healthy eating - food optimising plan that encourages you to eat a balanced diet by basing everything around fresh fruit/veg but allows pretty much everything as long as it isnt cooked with any added fat

its obviously much better than ive just written but im rubbish at explaining things :dohh:

ive lost 30lbs so far & have been doing it for 20wks :thumbup: xx

Wow well done on the 30lb loss, i really fancy slimming world but the meeting in my village is on tuesday nights and i work that night :cry:

I set mine to 1800 calories but I'm only hitting about 1500 a day and I'm not struggling. I normally don't eat a huge amount during the day anyway but have a big meal when DH gets home from work. I do snack sometimes but on crisps and bad things. Now I've cut those out I'm obviously dropping calories. I don't want to increase my food intake unnecessarily but should I really be eating more? Is it ok to just cut out any crap I was eating? And I've cut out fizzy drinks too which has made a difference. Hmmm..... Just got rid of my empty calories. I'm just rambling lol

If you feel your coping fine on 1500 then carry on everyone is different i may lower mine down a bit as longit doesnt affect milk supply then should be fine.

Yeah i agree with raven, if ur ok on 1500 stick with that as long as milk isnt affected! I lost 4lbs this week on 1400 cals! Im goin to increase to lower weightloss to abt 1.5-2lbs a week..

Raven.. Did u lose ur 33lbs whilst bfing?

Yeah i agree with raven, if ur ok on 1500 stick with that as long as milk isnt affected! I lost 4lbs this week on 1400 cals! Im goin to increase to lower weightloss to abt 1.5-2lbs a week..

Raven.. Did u lose ur 33lbs whilst bfing?

Yes, i started end of june last year and the first 20 or so pounds cameoff quite quick and then lost the rest before xmas and have stayed the same weight over xmas and got back on the wagon 10 th january. I have alot to lose though i started at 250lbs and am now 217lbs need to lose another 67 lbs to be at my goal weight :blush:

Oh ryt.. Thats reaally good progress so far though!

Hav you jus been calorie counting to lose it? X

Oh ryt.. Thats reaally good progress so far though!

Hav you jus been calorie counting to lose it? X

Calorie counting and exercise, i started running last year and i do zumba on the wii and going to start 30 day shred i think, i dnt exercise everyday but probably 4 times a week i guess.
Do you do anything othr than calorie counting?

Yeah i exercise on cross trainer every other day and fit in wii fit and walks with lo wherever i can x

I joined slimming world and lost 4 pound in my first week last week. So far I'm really enjoying it and don't ever feel hungry really. Hoping to have lost again this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->