Any chance of a happy ending? Please help!

red_head

Reaction score
I'm currently cd 30, although can have cycles between 28 to 34 days long. I ovulated on cd 17 (so 13dpo!!) and this was confirmed by opks. Last month I had 21 day bloods which confirm ovulation around that time.
Anyway, in the last week I've had 3 positive tests, the last of which was last night. All faint positives, but absolutely there, and on two different brands. But in between all of these I've had negative tests, including one this morning :(

I went to the doctors on Tuesday (had positive test Monday evening, three negatives Tuesday morning) and he said I was pregnant and to book in with midwife, but didn't offer bloods or anything, despite me feeling him at that point I'd only had two positives (both faint) and then loads of negatives. I asked if it could be chemical pregnancy, and he said 'what's that!! He then gave me a magazine thing and said congrats!! I didn't test again until last night which was a clear positive but by no means dark line, and then this morning nothing!!

This is just something we've waited for for so long; I don't know whether to be happy or sad, I feel like I'm in limbo and I'm just not coping with it!! I thought by today there would be a clear answer either way!

Does anyone think we have any chance of a happy ending now?
X

I should say too; I've had fluctuating pregnancy symptoms, including nausea in the evenings and being mega emotional. They kind of disappeared for a couple days but were back yesterday morning which is why I tested last night x

Hi
What brand tests were positive and negative? With my youngest the first positive I got on frer was 12 do pm and at 12 and 12 dpo some tests (including ICs were still negative/hardly there).
So I think if you had a clear positive last night you are pregnant.

My advice is to stop testing! Make your midwife appointment and talk with her. I can't explain the negatives but false positives are rare. Perhaps FMU just isn't your friend... Hope you get some clarity (and confirmation of a stick bean) soon :hugs:

Thank you :)
Elocin I've done two frers, the last one on Tuesday both were negative. I've done two blue dye Sainsbury's tests; one positive one negative, and then I've done some internet cheapy ones, two positive, the rest negative. It gives me hope that you were getting some mixed results too, thank you :)
Berri, I'm worried about wasting the midwifes time if it is a false positive! I just want some clarity before I book in! I was thinking of requesting a blood test from the doctors but was there on Tuesday already! I know I should stop testing but we've waited for this for so long and I'm just desperate to know if it's really happening!

red_head, I understand how confused you are, I would be too. I would take the last night's clear positive (or take another one of that brand to confirm) and book the midwife appointment.

I have everything crossed for you.

False positives are extremely rare, your HCG levels may just be boarder line.

I would go with your appointment leave testing for a few days at least.

xxx

Thank you. I just got home to a letter inviting me to the 12 week scan appointment! I'm not sure what's wrong with my doctor, but I'm just finding this process so anxious and upsetting, and that's made things even worse!

That's so confusing! I'd totally be feeling the same way. Honestly, I would give the midwife a call but keep testing at the same time, with the same brand, each day and see if it gets darker as you go on. Or really, I'd just go back to my doctor and demand a blood test lol! My fingers are so crossed for you!

At 13dpo I was getting good lines on Superdrug tests but really faint lines on ic's and was struggling to see progression. I'd recommend just testing with the same brand (the one you've got the darkest lines with) and probably just in the evening to see if you're seeing progression. I also tested every other day so I could actually see progression. False positives are rare though so providing you're not bleeding then for now I'd say you are pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->