Any extended breastfeeding NTNP and haven't had their cycles return?

That's awesome! I've read that article so many times. It sounds like a great method! Good luck! And congrats on 3 successful nights already!

I'm still in limbo. And no symptoms of ovulation even. Took another PG test yesterday just because and it was negative.

A friend of mine told me she's pregnant with #3. Her 2nd kid is 6 months younger than mine. I felt a bit jealous but I believe everything happens for a reason. There is a good reason that I'm not pregnant yet. I think our minds are powerful and I know before I started having kids my "ideal" age gap between kids was 3 years. So I think that's what I might end up with...Just a guess

Well last night wasn't quite as successful lol... she wouldn't settle while I was laying beside her crib at 3:30. And I'm sure I heard her tummy rumble so I fed her because I think she was actually hungry. She nursed at 9 and 3:30 so I did get my six hours in. I think that's 3 nights in a row of 6 hr stretch so hopefully that's helping my prolactin come down enough!

Oh, don't beat yourself up too much about the 3:30 feed. :) You did great! She probably was hungry if you heard her stomach. That's still really good sleep for both of you! Maybe she'll eat more solids today and won't be hungry at night again...Or as soon. I find my son will sleep longer if we give him a high protein snack before bed. Like oatmeal, eggs or more meat from supper. That's "if" he'll eat it..lol

Yay! Beauty Queen! I hope you can rest with a heating pad or something today though! Lol

I've figured out why DS increased his nursing and night wakings this past week. He had a sore throat! He's now in the snotty nose phase of a cold and I have the sore throat phase...I wish they could tell you what's wrong. Nursing really fixes Everything but I wish at times if I knew what was wrong I could fix with something other than nursing...
I thought it was teething but usually when it's teething he happily lets me put orajel on his gums but he didn't want it... He was better behaved after having Tylenol but I don't like using that too often

How's everybody getting on? Night weaning isn't going so well so decided to just cut down nursing overall not specifically at night. So yesterday we did 6am, 6pm, 10 and 11pm. Night waking was just 5am today. I'll have an extra nurse today at naptime because we are at home. I don't think she could possibly go for a nap without nursing :). Yesterday she fell asleep in the car so I had quite a long gap during the day!

We are also having a top 1 year old
Molar coming in... so I did Tylenol 2 nights in a row. I'm not a fan of using it either but it definitely helps the pain!!

That sounds good Reiko :)
We are about to start night weaning now too. I'm not looking forward to it but I think it's do-able now. We tried many times in the past year but not much luck.
It is very hard!
I hope you find something that works for you :)

On our third night of weaning. I just got DS to sleep by letting him nurse just till he was about to fall asleep then I told him I'm empty and he has to stop nursing and to cuddle instead. So he grabs my arm and pulls it over his body and hugs my arm so tight and falls asleep. It was super cute!
Last night was similar and he slept 9pm-12am before his first wake up. Then my husband dealt with him throughout the night. I couldn't sleep. The oxytocin from nursing puts me to sleep and I'm kind of reliant on it. So I watched TV and didn't go to bed till 3am. But I slept solid until 8am when DS got up for the day ready to nurse. DH says he woke up every 2-3hours still through the night but was very accepting of cuddles in place of nursing. This has to be a maturity thing because he was never this understanding when we tried night weaning before.

I'm really in need of weaning my 21 month old she's good at night only occasionally waking normally she sleeps through but tbh I want to get her to wean before baby gets here I don't think I can b a tandem mum, I want her to cut down herself it's so hard tho when she's saying booba booba bless her and yes I got pregnant on the pill without even having my first period x

On our third night of weaning. I just got DS to sleep by letting him nurse just till he was about to fall asleep then I told him I'm empty and he has to stop nursing and to cuddle instead. So he grabs my arm and pulls it over his body and hugs my arm so tight and falls asleep. It was super cute!
Last night was similar and he slept 9pm-12am before his first wake up. Then my husband dealt with him throughout the night. I couldn't sleep. The oxytocin from nursing puts me to sleep and I'm kind of reliant on it. So I watched TV and didn't go to bed till 3am. But I slept solid until 8am when DS got up for the day ready to nurse. DH says he woke up every 2-3hours still through the night but was very accepting of cuddles in place of nursing. This has to be a maturity thing because he was never this understanding when we tried night weaning before.

Wow he went all night no nursing!? Good job! That's sweet he's willing to cuddle. Seems like good timing then if he's not resisting.

I was away from DD for the night for the first time, and a full day. I pumped at 6pm, midnight, 6am, and 1pm. Then nursed her when I got home at 7pm. Not sure if pumping has the same effect of suppressing ovulation as nursing so maybe it will give me the jolt I need to get things going lol XD. Or maybe she won't wake as much tonight now that she's done a full night without me. Although DH did give her oatmeal in the middle of the night last night because she wouldn't drink the bottle and he thought she was hungry... I hope she doesn't want me to do that!! She did sleep for 5 hrs after that though. Maybe it's worth it XD

Yup :) That night anyway....Lol
Last night I was so tired I fell asleep putting DS to sleep so I didn't get out of his bed or put a more restrictive shirt on. DS ended up nursing a lot last night and by the time I had had enough of it it was 6am and because I wouldn't let him nurse he just woke up for the day. It threw our schedule out of whack but I think we can recover.
The night before last night I went out with a friend to a movie and dh put DS to sleep. I nursed DS when I got home at 11pm and left him alone in his bed. He then slept until 6am! Then I nursed him/slept with him until 8:30am when we got up.
So there have been some improvements and some set backs but that's normal :)

Wow, how did your daughter do without you home? Your husband must have been exhausted!

How have the rest of your nights gone?

I'm really in need of weaning my 21 month old she's good at night only occasionally waking normally she sleeps through but tbh I want to get her to wean before baby gets here I don't think I can b a tandem mum, I want her to cut down herself it's so hard tho when she's saying booba booba bless her and yes I got pregnant on the pill without even having my first period x

My son was so so so clingy around 20-21 months. It didn't last but it was a REALLY hard month. One day I had to just leave the house and let my husband deal with him.
How many weeks pregnant are you? Is your milk supply dropping? Maybe she's more clingy because she's not feeling as satisfied with the milk? I had a friend who's son self weaned because he didn't like her milk anymore (changed taste).
You can slowly start weaning now though. I was told to start by just delaying when they ask to nurse. Say "ok, but I have to do this first...ECT" then make the wait longer and longer. My son did well if I counted down.
I've also started saying mommy has no milk right now, gotta wait so mom can make more milk. Maybe we can nurse at bedtime. Do you want some water or a snack?

Sorry, just saw this.. haven't stopped trying... just trying for REAL this time :) :)

Yup :) That night anyway....Lol
Last night I was so tired I fell asleep putting DS to sleep so I didn't get out of his bed or put a more restrictive shirt on. DS ended up nursing a lot last night and by the time I had had enough of it it was 6am and because I wouldn't let him nurse he just woke up for the day. It threw our schedule out of whack but I think we can recover.
The night before last night I went out with a friend to a movie and dh put DS to sleep. I nursed DS when I got home at 11pm and left him alone in his bed. He then slept until 6am! Then I nursed him/slept with him until 8:30am when we got up.
So there have been some improvements and some set backs but that's normal :)

Wow, how did your daughter do without you home? Your husband must have been exhausted!

How have the rest of your nights gone?

They all did so good with me being gone! But today my mom came to babysit and my little one was so clingy. Not ever like that with her nan. She thought I was going for a long time again poor thing!! I hope I didn't set off separation anxiety!!

Nights, I am nursing at bedtime, first wake up my husband does, and the. She wakes at about 3-5 and I nurse. I'm only nursing about 5 times a day now. Still negative ovulation tests. I started temping but I don't sleep well so it's not too accurate.

It's crazy how our little ones can act so well for other people when we are gone but increase their clingyness when we're back. I think it must still bother them that we were gone but they hold their feelings in until they are back with us. I've heard it's a compliment to how much they prefer their momma but it makes me feel so bad leaving my son sometimes.
That's good progress. :) It's really not a bad thing they want to nurse so much...Just sucks that it's hindering ovulation when we want to get pregnant again lol
I wouldn't be able to temp either. I guess it's not really NTNP but I check cm and have tried a couple LH strips too.

This past week of night weaning has definitely kick started my body a bit. We haven't been perfect each night. Two nights ago I didn't attempt to withhold nursing but last night my husband did all the parenting through the night until 6 this morning. I should have been well rested but definitely didn't feel it. I ended up napping with my son today even.
I am soooo crampy and have ew cm and had a near positive LH strip this afternoon.

Maybe we should make a thread over in TTC land...? I just thought without having a period I was more NTNP...

How long have you been breastfeeding for? How often does your child nurse?

Let's wait for AF or a BFP together!

My DS is just about 22 months old and I haven't had a period yet. DH and I have been NTNP since about March...
My son was nursing every 2 hours...even through the night.
I wanted him to self wean and we'd just offer him food but not force it. Well now I've put my foot down and won't let him nurse in the afternoon so then he actually has been eating supper AND then sleeps better so nurses less at night too! Since making these changes I think my body is finally gearing up to do something!

Just some info for you, if you were hoping for returning fertility sooner than later the hours of 1-5 Am are the most important for return of ovulation! I know from experience how hard it is to wean babe in the night. But if and when he does, you will see a quick return!

It might be returning faster than I expected even!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170212-114537.jpg
    Screenshot_20170212-114537.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4
Ewcm! (Don't even remember what that looks like XD) Go you!! I hope you got some BD in the past few days!?

I realized with my first I didn't get my period back until I was down to 3 sessions a day. So Even if I got that key 1-5am break it wouldn't kick things back up for me.

I've come to terms with a larger age gap. I wanted to have another before I turn 31 at the end of the year but that's a silly time pressure to have. Hopefully I'll have a few cycles before June-July, I definitely hope to be pregnant by then!!

Do you guys feel external pressure at all to have a smaller age gap? A few people ask if we're trying... we'll I don't even have my period back yet so nothing we can do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->