Any extended breastfeeding NTNP and haven't had their cycles return?

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
How long have you been breastfeeding for? How often does your child nurse?

Let's wait for AF or a BFP together!

My DS is just about 22 months old and I haven't had a period yet. DH and I have been NTNP since about March...
My son was nursing every 2 hours...even through the night.
I wanted him to self wean and we'd just offer him food but not force it. Well now I've put my foot down and won't let him nurse in the afternoon so then he actually has been eating supper AND then sleeps better so nurses less at night too! Since making these changes I think my body is finally gearing up to do something!

Hi! I'm not extended nursing yet, LO is just turning 1. With my first I nursed till 18 months and AF didn't return till she magically started sttn at 13 months. Now DD2 nurses every 2 hrs at night which is exhausting lol. But we want to start ttc in jan/feb so I'd like to get my cycles back!

I've read that a 6 hr break between 12 midnight and 6am is key for ovulation. So I might try to rock her instead of nurse her for those wake ups? Way more difficult but maybe it will help her sleep better vs wanting to nurse every time she wakes.

Sucks when you want to ttc and don't have AF. But no AF for 22 months is actually awesome lol. I hope you catch your first eggy!!

How are things going Reiko? Did you start rocking her back to sleep during those hours?
I had a pain around my left ovary November 24th and again December 2nd.
My DS caught a cold then so he picked up his nursing a lot for about a week and my body felt so icky with the hormone shift from nursing so so much!
I took a pg test around Dec 6th to see if it had been ovulation on the 24th but it was negative and still no period.
Now we're back to nursing less and last week (Dec 14th) I woke up with a big pain on my right side (ovary?). It was also a full moon and I used to always ovulate on full moons.
DH and I dtd on the 11th luckily...So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I'll get a BFP for Christmas....:)

Still nothing here. I've been feeling like utter crap over Christmas so I'm wondering if my hormones are gearing up for ovulation. I also realized though that my daughtwr is not a good eater, so I really shouldn't deprive her of any breastmilk at this point. She needs it nutritionally I think. So I'll keep on doing the nursing at night and maybe we will try in February if things have changed at all. Anything new with you? Did your pains turn out to be O?

That sounds good :)

My son is/was like that too. His first food choice is always breastmilk. He's doing well accepting my no nursing between nap and bedtime for now though. It's helping him eat supper which is helping him sleep longer between feeds at night. I think next step will be night weaning when he turns two. Like your daughter I think he does need to nurse at night right now because of how little he eats during the day.

I've noticed my cm has dried up quite a bit the last week. Which maybe could be AF coming???
I think I'll be 14dpo tomorrow

Definitely could be! My cm is so random right now. Let me know how it goes!

Test was negative on the 28th but I think I might take another though....I have some ic tests coming in the mail soon so I don't care.
My uterus feels "heavy" so I just want to be 100% sure I'm not pregnant. It's so annoying how trying to ovulate can feel like you are pregnant. I remember taking so many tests after I came off BC pills

Well, I just checked and I'm pretty sure I have ewcm right now! So maybe the heavy feeling is from ovulation and not pregnancy!

Just looked back on my ttc#1 journal and I mentioned my uterus felt heavy right before I ovulated too. Only thing is it's not a full moon. I usually ovulated on full moons...

Hi!

Wnt2beAMom, your story is soooo similar to mine.. I have had one period back in October after I cut down breastfeeding to once during the day, and trying to limit night feeding (that wasn't very successful!) My daughter is now 27months old, and have just completely weaned her, it went a lot better then expected. She was a real booby monster! Any way, I have booked in for acupuncture so I hope this helps. Goodluck x

in a similar boat here! my son just turned 1 and we want to try for #2 but still not had af yet. i really felt like my body was doing someting (lots of ewcm and o type pain and cramping) but then he got a bug a week ago and is still poorly- so no food and on the boob 24/7 again!

we bedshare and he feeds a lot at night which im sure is the main issue preventing af from returning but im not willing to night wean to ttc.

Patsy7 I couldn't bring myself to night wean either, my daughter has literally only just started accepting there's no more boob...at just over 2! I tried when she was younger but there was just no chance she was accepting it, and I hated seeing her sad so... boob it was :)

is it possible to o without af returning? Is there any point in temping? I just want an idea of where my bodys at!

is it possible to o without af returning? Is there any point in temping? I just want an idea of where my bodys at!

Not really. Other than if you catch the first ovulation and get pregnant, and then obviously you won't get AF. You could definitely temp if you're getting enough sleep, and then you'll be able to see if you O and predict af.

I don't get enough sleep so pointless for me lol.

Well I'm still nursing my 20month old not had a period but been taking the mini pill and surprise I'm pregnant!!! Can only take a guess how far along considering I haven't had a period so it defo does happen iv got 3 girls already so hoping this Lil accident is a boy lol x

Well I'm still nursing my 20month old not had a period but been taking the mini pill and surprise I'm pregnant!!! Can only take a guess how far along considering I haven't had a period so it defo does happen iv got 3 girls already so hoping this Lil accident is a boy lol x

wow congratulations! so it can and does happen! x

Today I've felt very crampy and just went to the bathroom and I have pink cm! I think AF is coming! I guess I'm 11dpo.

Reiko, I don't think we bd'd close enough to it. But that's OK by me! I'm just soooo excited that I actually ovulated finally!!!

Hi!

Wnt2beAMom, your story is soooo similar to mine.. I have had one period back in October after I cut down breastfeeding to once during the day, and trying to limit night feeding (that wasn't very successful!) My daughter is now 27months old, and have just completely weaned her, it went a lot better then expected. She was a real booby monster! Any way, I have booked in for acupuncture so I hope this helps. Goodluck x

Have your periods not returned even though your daughter is weaned now?

Patsy, that's what's been happening with me. It's like my little guy could sense I was trying to ovulate so he'd increase his demand to nurse so I wouldn't lol. I've finally just set a limit that he can't nurse between his nap and bedtime and held to it. It's been so hard. I wouldn't have been able to do it at your child's age though. I've been giving him homo milk instead.

Congrats Skyraa. I thought you still get a period on the mini pill

Period did not show and negative PG test. Hmmm....DS has up'd his nursing too. I think he's getting his 2 year old molars. We are hoping to night wean after his 2nd Birthday. I've been telling him my "Nana's" stop working at night after he turns two. That's what he calls them.

I've decided to do a bit of night weaning too. Using this https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

We've done the first 3 nights successfully! Now onto just rocking tonight. We'll see lol. I want to go away to a women's retreat in 2 weeks and it's one overnight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->