Any 'first month off the pill' buddies??

twinklebunny

Reaction score
I stopped taking my pill just over 4 weeks ago and ttc straight away. I haven't had :witch: yet, and if I was still on the bcp I'd be due on tomorrow. Is there anyone else who is in their first month of trying straight after the bcp?

XxX

Hi

I am first month off the pill and about halfway through what a normal cycle would be.

We are not actively TTC as such but we are not trying to prevent it either.

Good luck with your BFP & TTC!

Hi

I am first month off the pill and about halfway through what a normal cycle would be.

We are not actively TTC as such but we are not trying to prevent it either.

Good luck with your BFP & TTC!

Hi TTC buddy!!!

How long were you on the pill for? I was for about 9 years. I had a withdrawal bleed 5 days after stopping which lasted for 3 days, then I had 1 day without bleeding, and then 2 more days with very light bleeding. If I was still on the pill I would be due on today! I did feel as though I was having pg symptoms so I got my hopes up, but I think everyone does really don't they! I did have really sore nipples about a week ago but they wore off now. I am still very tired and getting lots of creamy cm when I go to the toilet, but it's hard to know what's normal when you've just come off the pill :rofl:

I know that it is very unlikely that we will be lucky enough to catch on this month, but hey, you can always hope :laugh2:

Good luck with ttc and getting your :bfp:

XxX

Hi Ill join you! Had withdrawal bleed from pill on Jan 30th and waiting for af now.

Felt really sick this morning and stuffy nose and tummy ache - oh thinks I am pregnant but I think I am getting a cold!!

i caught the second month so dont give up if you dont first time! mine ended badly mind and am startin again, finished pill today tho was only halfway thru the pack. long long story. we are also NTNP x

Hiya,
It's our very first month of ttc #1 and not even sure what length my cycle is but i'm sure i'll find out soon enough. Painful periods before i went on the pill 7 years ago so at least they'll feel real again! Definitely always thought it would be an immediate thing but reading some sad and interesting stories on here is an education!! AF should be next thurs...

BRING ON THE :bfp::hug:
GOOD LUCK FELLOW TTC's

I was on the pill for about 10 years, i took my last active one on the 9 January and got a "pill period" on the 12 January and then got a normal one on the 12 February, although it was lighter and only lasted a couple of days, am waiting now to see if i get another one approximately 12 March, which if i do then i would assume my cycle has returned to normal, but kinda dont know what to expect really for a while, i had a positive OPK on wednesday though but have yet to spot any EWCM or temperature rise, its all very confusing hey! Good luck to you anyway :)

i just came off the pill after 2 years, and now ttc.

good luck everyone :)

I came off the pill feb 14th had normal pill bleed on 22nd now halfway through the 1st cycle, using a ClearBlue fertility monitor which hasn't told me that I have ov'ed yet so not really sure what stage I am at - not sure where I am

Mrs Doddy- don`t lose hope. My first month off the pill now also and I didn`t ovulate until CD20 but had positive OPKs on CD18 and CD19...

I am now in my 2ww (CD8 or 9 today)- I switch from thinking I might have got lucky first month (cramps, lower backache, possible implantation dip) then thinking I am just nuts and imagining it all!

Baby dust to all!

Mrs Doddy- don`t lose hope. My first month off the pill now also and I didn`t ovulate until CD20 but had positive OPKs on CD18 and CD19...

I am now in my 2ww (CD8 or 9 today)- I switch from thinking I might have got lucky first month (cramps, lower backache, possible implantation dip) then thinking I am just nuts and imagining it all!

Baby dust to all!

Mild cramps this morning have turned to proper period pains now - ouch. Am going to make sure we get some :sex: in tonight just in case its ov !!!!!

Good luck in your 2ww - I am so not looking forward to that part !!!

Stopped the pill about a month ago. Had my normal off the pill bleed and we started trying immediatly. I havnt had a 'normal' period yet but here's hoping i dont! haha.

Ive had all the implantation signs in the last two days, small cramps that dont last long, a little spotting, very thirsty etc.

I know im being totaly silly, but one can hope.

My first two week wait to test.

Hiya, I'm new here. :hi:

Came off the pill for the first time in nearly 2 years on 21/02, first withdrawal bleed 24/02.

Been trying ever since (well... why not? ;) )... already getting phantom symptoms but not really expecting anything so soon!

Will be our first, so very excited nonetheless!

(Still trying to get my head around ALLLL these abreviations, for the record)
x

Lucullan, I know what you mean about the abbreviations. I keep another internet tab open with the lingo on to help me! I go back and forth between the 2 tabs.

I took my last BCP on 4 March 2009 so I'm not exactly expecting too much. I have a bit of a dodgy pill though 'cos it was the one that you don't have a break on so no force bleeds with it. I don't really know what to expect.:shrug:

I came off the pill 3 weeks ago today (on feb. 20). Still have not had a :witch: at all. The pill I was on took my :witch: away and I have not had a proper period since last October. Since Wednesday I have been a bit crampy and cleaning like a mad woman. (for some reason I get into a cleaning frenzy when I am pms-ing). I have never wished for a :witch: so badly! I would love for her to visit so I can start tracking my ovulation and temp! Looking forward to getting to know all of you a bit better!

Well if i was still on the pill i would have ben due for my period well over a week ago. I havt had any signs of it coming yet either. Knowing my luck it will come on strong and heavy while im at the supermarket or something. It could still be weeks away as far as im told with first time off the pill, so its not as if im gunna go round wearing a pad or anything. *grumbles*
I wouldnt have a clue where in my cycle i am. I had some implantation signs around day 14 which would have been great cos we had lotsa :sex: then, but then i got some ovulation signs in the last day or so, so we had more :sex: again.
But ive been told getting preg in this first 'fake' cycle isnt likely. Many more have a huge amount of success after their first real :witch: Ive done two tests, both came back :bfn: so yeah, prolly not happening this cycle. But cos of costs of those dam tests im just going to have to be more patient and wait till :witch: is late from now on.

BTW, going to try the "Sperm meets egg" plan on the first month i get my ov test kits in the mail.

Did anyone else have funny things going on this cycle - would like to know that I am not alone in the change in hornomes;-

Increased sex drive
Cramps day 9-11 (mild) / 17-20 (really bad)
Nipples erect (weren't too much before) and darkened areola / tender to the touch
Very emotional
Scatty brain
Spots

None of the above happened before.

Well my first cycle off the pill is now over. AF arrived today after some spotting yesterday so no BFP for me this month. It arrived CD34 so my cycle wasn`t too out of whack I guess. I ov`d on CD20

Ready to try again this month as soon as the witch goes away!!!

Mrs Doddy, after 8 years on the pill I did notice a lot of things coming off the pill but not sure if some of it was phantom 2ww pregnancy symptoms.

Sex drive definitely went up. Had cramps on and off ALL MONTH. Plus got spots the day before I was due like I used to before I went on the pill. Welcome back hormones!

Hope everyone else is doing well- I am hoping like hell for a BFP this month!!! Will start using OPKs from day 10...

Sakura-chan - Thats what I am thinking that the symptoms are - just phantom. I will so know tommorow and tuesday as in theory I will have period pains then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->