Any good herbal remedies for babies and kids?

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
I am currently experimenting with Evening Primrose Oil for Simon's eczema, as the hydrocortisone cream we were prescribed didn't do much. If the EPO doesn't work, I will return to the doctor and continue to explore other treatments there, but while I couldn't find much scientific study to back up EPO as an eczema treatment, I found loads of anecdotes from multiple sources saying that EPO had been very effective. I also called a herbal hotline to find out about adverse effects and safe dosages. It all checked out, so we're giving it a try.
So far, so good. It hasn't been a miracle cure, but it has certainly improved his skin.
It got me thinking, what herbal or folk remedies have you tried that surprised you by how well they worked? I will always do my own research on them before I try them on Simon, but I find that there is often sound science behind them and I find it really interesting.
Thought it could be a fun thread to share?

You will have to let me know how the EPO ends up working for him, we have been battling eczema with the boys for years, Landon has it the worst, Casen has outgrown his and Hayden's seems to be triggered by certain things so it isn't too bad if we avoid those things. We have Landon's under control BUT he's is always flared up in some spots

We haven't really used many herbal remedies yet, jus thaven't had the need. But we did use gentian violet for thrush which worked SO much better than the prescriptions they gave us. Then our amber necklaces for teething lol. We try and avoid meds unless we HAVE to give them, so I'll be watching this thread to see what has worked for other people

porriage oats in their bath works well for eczema , put the oats in an old sock soak it in the bath water, near the end of the bath wash the sore skin with the sock...works wonders i dont know why but i use it on myself and i know it works xx

We use Ashton and Parsons powder for teething, which seems to work well for the pain that the amber necklace doesn't handle.

For the last few years, I've used witch hazel with a few drops of lavender oil in it for my own eczema. I find it really soothing and it seems to clear it up within a few days. I'm not sure if it'd be ok for a baby though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->