Any hints or tips to help with back ache?

sue_88

Reaction score
My back is getting quite achey & sore during the day.

Does anyone have any hints or tips for easing it?

Tried warm baths / showers and tried rubbing it myself but not having much look making it feel any better even for a few mins. :-(

Is this something I'm just going to have to get used to?!

I have one of those big exercise balls that I sit on sometimes at work. It makes me straighten my back out so I don't sit hunched over. That helps some, but I also have an electric blanket that I plug in and put on my back in my recliner in the evenings. I turn it on and off during the evening, but it helps at least distract from some of the pain. Other than that... you just have to get used to it :sad2:

Good luck!!

Hot water bottles are a godsend!! When ure over 36 weeks then get some lavender oil mix a few drops with olive oiland have partner or friend massage ure bk with it...its wonderful then hold a hot water bottle there to let the the heat sink in....dont use it before 36 weeks tho. But obv you can pop some lavender oil on ure pillow to help u sleep tho xxx

A good chiropractor trained in pregnancy can work wonders!

Oh goodness I had some bad sciatic pain the other day and got a Medela body band from jcpenney (if you live in the states), but it's this belly band that has Velcro that helps support my back and my belly! They call them a support band...... Here is the link if you need or want to find something comprable

https://reviews.jcpenney.com/1573/71577/medela-support-belt-postpartum-reviews/reviews.htm
LOVE IT. I was a size 4 pre pregnancy at 5' 4" and now wear size six pants (with my Bee Band, which I also love, from Target!) and I got a small/medium. Loveeeeee it. I think jcp.com has a 20% off online order too!!

My hubby bought me a heating pad.. It has auto shut off, and it's amazing!! Every night before bed I lay on it for about 10-15 minutes, and I sleep so well! I kept putting off buying one b/c I didn't want to spend $20 haha. Then the other day he came home with one :)

If you can afford approx $100-150, then I would recommend something like this. Highly recommend. I used throughout my pregnancy with my DD, and am again using it daily this pregnancy. It can sit on any chair. You can choose to use both shoulder and back massage, or just one. You can change the position of the massage and also whether to include heat. This one has both rolling massage or shiatsu. This one is a HoMedics brand, but I'm sure there would be others that do the same thing. :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 34
I get terrible backache at work so our occupational health people got me a special back thing to put on my chair and they told me to sit with my feet planted on the ground and back straight. Kind of helping but not ideal still. So worth asking your work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->