Any Lincs Ladies??

I havea few weeks before we venture back into lincoln county hospital - i quiver slightly at the thought of a repeat of last time... how'd you ladies find it?

Fantastic, couldn't have asked for better.

You live just down the road from me btw :)

How cool is that! So pleased that you had a fab experience... We went up there the other week to face a few things that worry us and close the door to some fears... starting to look forward to it now :happydance: 3 weeks left!

How cool is that! So pleased that you had a fab experience... We went up there the other week to face a few things that worry us and close the door to some fears... starting to look forward to it now :happydance: 3 weeks left!

That is good :) I'm back up on Branston Ward for an operation in a couple of weeks. I went for a pre assessment yesterday and the smell of the toilets brought back not so many pleasant memories!

dreading labour! i hate lincoln hospital! they have been nothing but useless my whole pregnancy :hissy:

I had to go back in for an op after my last birth experience. Hope your op goes ok.

Babyhopes2010 - really hope that they pull out all the stops for you in labour then. Is home birth an option?

I had to go back in for an op after my last birth experience. Hope your op goes ok.

Babyhopes2010 - really hope that they pull out all the stops for you in labour then. Is home birth an option?

Thanks Nimbus, were you happy with the results of your op? Who was your consultant?

Yeah, mine worked out well :) I had refashioning op as my stitches broke down almost straight away, and didn't heal very well at all. sorry probably TMI. Mr Oteri performed the surgery but i did see Vellacott also. Not sure on the spelling of either of those. I also saw a rather nice looking gentleman who was a resident at the time. Happy with all three of these consultants/residents.

Yeah, mine worked out well :) I had refashioning op as my stitches broke down almost straight away, and didn't heal very well at all. sorry probably TMI. Mr Oteri performed the surgery but i did see Vellacott also. Not sure on the spelling of either of those. I also saw a rather nice looking gentleman who was a resident at the time. Happy with all three of these consultants/residents.

Same happened to me, lost stitches after three days, infection etc. I'm more bothered about the tissue you can see inside the vagina, but I don't think there is much you can do about that, the Doctor I saw yesterday said they could maybe trim it but she has put in my notes for the consultant to discuss it before the operation. If it was to be removed I think it would just leave a black open hole!

Was the recovery a similar feel to child birth or not as bad? Pain wise afterwards I don't know what to expect. How soon after did you heal?

Same happened to me, lost stitches after three days, infection etc. I'm more bothered about the tissue you can see inside the vagina, but I don't think there is much you can do about that, the Doctor I saw yesterday said they could maybe trim it but she has put in my notes for the consultant to discuss it before the operation. If it was to be removed I think it would just leave a black open hole!

Was the recovery a similar feel to child birth or not as bad? Pain wise afterwards I don't know what to expect. How soon after did you heal?

Oh hun, i'm really not an expert, but i'm sure that they'll be able to advise you on what's best, i guess it's most important to make sure that you're not going to do anything that can't be fixed if that makes sense!

In terms of recovery, the over-riding pain i felt was the same as the pain after childbirth without the bruising, if that makes sense. Having said that, i did heal this time, so i didn't have 6 months of walking about with an open wound! As a result the recovery was much quicker. Within 2-3 weeks i was fully healed :happydance:

its my first and i have polyhydronioes afi 23 and baby measuring 9lb7 on monday:wacko: so no its not an option :haha:

oh dear hun, sounds like you've had a really rough time, so it sucks that they haven't been the best with you. Have you been up for a tour? Complained to the dept for their shortcomings? Had a response? What does your midwife say?

My brother in law lives in Louth. I'm in Coningsby.

Wow, lots of Lincs ladies - I'm from Grimsby!

Wow, lots of Lincs ladies - I'm from Grimsby!

My husband works in Grimsby and he has the car so we're probably looking for cildcare in the area... any suggestions? or equally, any place/one i should avoid?

I'm from grimsby, lived there till i was 19 and moved in with DH. Still visit a lot because all our family are there. Planning to move back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->