Any LTWTT?

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
Any one waiting long term? I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a TTC date or any idea how many more year's I've got to wait for. All the women I used to wait with have moved on to TTC and had LO's so looking for long term buddie's :flower:

I'm waiting long term. I hate that men think so logically about things, want mortgage, cars, careers this that and everything first.... but how long is all that going to take???? With are current debt. FOUR YEARS!!! So hoping I can sway him but not looking likely until minimum of end next year. So I'll be here a long time yet, hence joining to find others that can relate :)

Is 2014 long term? I know in a few weeks it'll be "next year" but it still feels like a lifetime away!!

I am here long term, with no specific date of trying - we still both live with our parents, we are not engaged nevermind married, and I have to do a years probation (not criminal probation! I have just qualified as a teacher and need to complete a year of teaching with a few observed lessons before getting a permanent post!) although I have a very comfortable salary during that time.
I wish we could try sooner as we have had two unplanned pregnancies which I miscarried, however it is a case of 'if it happens it happens' and we are using the pull-out method just now.
our plan is to move in together in 2013 (renting) whilst I do my probation year, then everything else depends on me getting a full time job. We would not like to bring a child up in a flat as I would like my child to be brought up around pets as we both were, to teach them responsibilities and to treat animals well from a young age. For this reason, a house with a garden which we own is sort of essential.
We are both young (both 24 in a few months) but have both got really good work ethics and traditional family values. We both had secure loving families and neither of our parents have split up, so for us, having a secure relationship is important. We both plan on working full time even after the little one gets here, and hope to work out a childcare schedule between family members as we don't want to rely on external childcare.

I do worry that we are working towards an unachievable ideal though. Twice we have been in a position where, potentially, we would be relying on one income and living in rented accommodation, with me being unable to take more than a few weeks maternity leave before going back to being a full time student, and we would have managed, however knowing the sacrifices that would have forced us and the baby to make, as much as it kills me, waiting for a few years is the right thing for us

Wow, that was long!

So nice to know that I am not alone. Full details of our situation is in my journal but the short of it is the OH does not feel that he is ready to have children, which is hard for me as I have been ready for year's now, and time isn't on my side. :hug:

I'm waiting long term and I have no idea when the waiting will end.
Oh, waiting is so hard!

I agree WTT is really hard and it get's tougher the longer it goes on too :dohh:

I suppose i belong here :( i cant wait to have a little one of my own but partner isnt at all ready, he wants to wait atleast 4/5 years

Hi! I'm new on here. We were originally going to be waiting about 6 years from now but after speaking it over this week we are going to cut that time in half!

We are waiting to try until the start of 2016 - 6 months after getting married and I'll be in my final months of my university degree.

We were waiting longer so I could get settled in a job after my degree has finished but we're both 27 now and have our future planned for 3, possibly 4 kiddies... so thought we should bring that date forward a little - not that I'm complaining of course!

Hi! I'm new on here. We were originally going to be waiting about 6 years from now but after speaking it over this week we are going to cut that time in half!

We are waiting to try until the start of 2016 - 6 months after getting married and I'll be in my final months of my university degree.

We were waiting longer so I could get settled in a job after my degree has finished but we're both 27 now and have our future planned for 3, possibly 4 kiddies... so thought we should bring that date forward a little - not that I'm complaining of course!

Welcome to BnB :flower:

I'm LTWTT too . . DH and I are thinking of starting in June 2015. Feels like forever away, but I'm so enjoying the time with my LO :)

Welcome :wave: I wish I had an idea on a date but nothing yet....

So frustrating! I'll be here for at least one more year. Don't have a date yet, just an idea.

It's so hard waiting!!! Just would love to move to the pregnancy section of this board.... Another 4 years

I am feeling really frustrated, I was supposed to be moving in with boyfriend in December 2012, as I was due a baby at the end of March and we would have been able to save enough by December. When I lost the baby, we decided to save more than we were going to before so we could have a more comfortable start to life together. We saved up about £600, then booked a holiday with it (which, to be fair we both needed after a horrible year ...) then we spent £300 on another holiday for February, so we have now saved another £300 ish, which we are going to use as spending money for our trip, which means we have 0 saved for moving in together, and 0 saved for any more holidays!
We moved the date back from December to May, and now it is looking like September is a more realistic goal, it had got to the point where other people are encouraging us to get a place together, but there is so much other stuff we want to do together first, but we also want to be living together as it is frustrating that we get no proper time to ourselves (meaning sitting in the living room together, cooking meals together etc!)

Oi Oddy, don't forget about me! I'm in for the long haul too. I have no date, OH isn't ready, wants a house etc first. So there's no way of us knowing a date. We don't know how long it will take to save for a house, plus I dont know if he'll be ready when we do have a house....

I also don't have a date... we are waiting for DH to get more job security before we start trying again for our first. It is hard because we both feel "ready" and have felt ready for many years now.

I am doing my best to keep busy... I am thinking I might take some classes (cooking, cake decorating, etc.).

I am very grateful for all the support on BnB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->