any moms work 2nd shift?

babifever

Reaction score
Looking for tips....how do you work everything out? Starting a 12pm-930pm shift soon....

What's a second shift?

I work two 2-10pms and two 4-10pms each week. It's great and I sleep like a baby when home haha!

What's a second shift?

I work two 2-10pms and two 4-10pms each week. It's great and I sleep like a baby when home haha!

yes second shift is mid day usually like 12-8, 1-9, 2-10, 3-11, 4-12.

do you cook in the mornings, how do you deal with the kid(s)?

OH works nightshift so he sleeps till late afternoon. If I'm 2pm start he wakes at 4 and I drop kids at my mums. They have a quick dinner I.e homemade Mac n cheese, pizza etc.

If I'm 4pm start I sort the veggies etc for dinner and Oh just has to cook it all together (spag Bols etc).

I would never cook in the mornings. I don't have time. I do nursery runs, gymnastics classes, work full time and also do a college course from home. As well as the usual cleaning etc.

My life is very non stop and chaotic but me and OH very much work together to get things done.

Thanks for the reply. My shift will be from 12-930. So just trying to figure out how dinner will work out....hd doesn't cook, or well should I say. I know everything else he will help with...he'll help cook, but it won't be good lol

I don't work at the moment, but I do have class from 6pm - 10pm 4 nights a week.

DH pretty much takes care of everything in the evenings. We usually keep dinners simple since he's got enough to juggle with DD, getting things ready for the next morning, et.

Definitely not the healthiest of meals - so much processed crap that can be tossed in the oven, cooked on the george forman, or popped in the microwave.

We've been so lucky that MIL sometimes sends over some home cooked meals once or twice a week. Over the weekend I try to make a few things that we can have as left overs for a few days.

I've had good intentions of trying to put meals together for DH that he just has to heat up or cook (without having to throw it together), but it's been too hard to do that at this point.

Maybe do a lot of crock pot meals? You can put them on in the morning or before work (depending on cooking time) so it's cooking all day and all he has to do is turn it off and serve. I, myself, would like to get more crock pot recipes for this same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->