Any mums experienced with progesterone? Need advice xx

earthfairy

Reaction score
Hi mums
I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.

I had a chemical pregnancy in June/July. I had a month break and had the 21day progesterone test. My progesterone was 14.2 so as a precaution my doctor prescribed 100mg progesterone pessaries to take at night.

I started the progesterone this cycle and also started TTC this cycle too.

I have had so many phantom "pregnancy" symptoms this cycle. You name it I've had it but I've read that progesterone causes all of it. I'm 11dpo today and got BFN

Anyway AF is due in 3-4 days (or earlier). I'm assuming being on progesterone it will push my luteal phase to being on the longer side? Is that right? Is there a chance AF will be hugely delayed being on progesterone?

I'm only on 100mg once per day. I'm just scared I'm going to be stuck in this horrible limbo land of experiencing every pregnancy synptom but continuing to get BFN after BFN with no AF in sight.

Also the cramping is doing my head in. I never get cramps at all normally. On a bad cycle I might get small cramps on the day AF starts but I'm getting cramping on and off every day. I thought it was implantation cramping but now I'm just trying to face reality as hard as that is and attribute it to the progesterone

Anyway sorry for my rambling but any advice on progesterone would help A LOT!!

Thank you so much

I don't have any experience yet on this but wanted to chime in to follow too. I had a natural 8week MC in mid August and my progesterone was a 3.7- and history of MCs and low progesterone in the past. OB wasn't willing to address it in the past because I wasn't actively trying to conceive. Long story short after this one I demanded it be addressed. He prescribed me Prometrium and didn't tell me how to take it at all. I'm awaiting new OB appt and haven't started them yet. I've been taking Vitex since February which is supposed to naturally help your body with progesterone and it worked to help me ovulate and conceive, but wasn't enough to help me sustain a pregnancy. I am currently taking it still.

So now I'm in the TWW. I have not gotten period since my MC. But I did get what I think was pos OPKs about 6 days ago- making me possibly 5-6 dpo? I'm worried I'll be pregnant and have to begin progesterone in hopes to sustain it but I've heard that works for some women, but I know it's best to take prior to pregnancy. What a mess. I hope we get some answers!!!

I'm praying for implantation bleeding cause that was a huge indication for me on my last pregnancy and came earlier obviously than a pos HPT. I would start progesterone at the sign of IB for sure. Ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->