Any New Mums in Essex?

Kirsty H

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a four month old baby and live just outside Romford. Are there any Essex new mums who would like to meet up for coffee?

Im in benfleet and my LO is 5 and half months old :) My name is also Kirsty :)

Hi Kirsty!

Nice to hear from another Essex Mum. O:) All the Essex threads seem really quiet compared to the rest of the country.

Do you have a lot of Mum and Baby groups in your area? There doesn't seem to be many of them around here - they're mostly toddler groups, which is why I thought I would post on here.

Yes ive noticed all the other threads go dead

Weve just had a surestart centre open up down the road, im yet to try the mother and baby morning, I know of a few mother and toddler ones though!

Is George your first baby? William is my 3rd but my girls are nearly 6 & 7 so its all new again :)

Yes, George is my first. Hubby wants another baby asap. :shock: He says we should just get the whole baby stage out of the way as quickly as possible! Not that we're not absolutely loving the baby stage - more that it takes 3 hours to get ready to go anywhere and then we need to pretty much take half the house with us too! Not to mention the whole house being taken over with all the prams, baths, baby beds etc. How on earth does such a small being require so much stuff? :)

You must really have your hands full with two girls as well. It must be great that they are so close in age so can play together though. Did you find that difficult when they were babies?

Aw as soon as the baby stage is out the way you kinda miss it and want part of it back, I love the baby stage to me its sort of the best part lol, Takes us forever to get ready and get out too, William always wants feeding when we want to leave :) I know our front room is taken over with all of his stuff, toys, bouncy chair, walker, pram, high chair, we need a spare room just for all of it :)

The girls can be a handful, they get on really well most of the time, but they really know how to wind each other up and when they are in one of those moods omg it drives me crazy, im not looking forward to the teens with - she stole my make up, shes taking forever in the bathroom, she stole my bf lol, It wasnt that difficult when they were babies, Im a nursery nurse so used to loads of babies / kids around me just mine are 24/7

How many children do you want? I'd like one more when William is about 2 / 2 and a half.

I can imagine missing the baby stage. I already look at the photos from when he was newborn and can't believe how tiny he looks. It also somehow feels like it was ages ago, even though he is only 4 months. Weird!!

We will only try to have one more. I'm 41 this year so even that might be a little optimistic! Four kids sounds a bit daunting, but if you're a nursery nurse I expect that would be no big deal. I used to be a nanny, but only ever looked after one or two kids and the youngest was 14 months so looking after my LO is all new. :cloud9:

Have you started weaning yet? I'm most likely going to start next week when he is 17 weeks. Wouldn't dare post that on the weaning board as they all seem to totally shoot down anyone who weans before 6 months. George has reflux though so hopefully it should help him keep his milk down and maybe gain some weight too. He is 50% centile for height, but has only recently managed to get up to 25% centile for weight.

I do the same, but with bump photos, i really miss being pregnant lol

We started about 19 weeks he didn't like baby rice or any other bland baby foods, my first had food at 4 months and 2nd was interested till 7-8 months, with William i know he was ready and loves meal time, he shoves the spoon in and makes an hmmmm sound and gets excited when his bib goes on ;p;

I wouldn't post on there either they seem so against it, I cant remember what centile hes on.

Hi both kirsty's! I live on ongar just outside Harlow and would love to meet up and chat with someone who actually replies to me in adult talk rather than beautiful smiles and coo's!!!

My LO is Emma who is just over 10 weeks old.
I used to live in north London and only moved here a year ago so dint know anyone or anywhere to go!!!

Hi both kirsty's! I live on ongar just outside Harlow and would love to meet up and chat with someone who actually replies to me in adult talk rather than beautiful smiles and coo's!!!

My LO is Emma who is just over 10 weeks old.
I used to live in north London and only moved here a year ago so dint know anyone or anywhere to go!!!

Hello, my days consist of baby talk till my girls come out from school :haha:

Awww I miss my LO being a newborn hes going to be 6 months in 6 days.

Got any plans for the weekend ? I might be taking the kids to the bumps, babes & kids show on saturday :)

https://www.bumpsbabesandkids.co.uk/

Have you Been before ?? I'd never heard of it til you posted it!

Well i wont be taking the kids again, what a rip off ! £10 to get in which was a family ticket, on the site it says free this, free that, nothing was free, my girls made a necklace each £2.50 each, both had their faces painted £2.50 each, they saw peppa pig and george which didn't look anything like them, they had a stall selling fruit skewers for £2 each which you could dip in chocolate, the skewer had 4 tiny bits on, you could buy more fruit and choc at a shop for it, they had a tiny bouncy castle and slide which was free but for the amount of children that were there wasn't worth it, the rest was stalls selling stuff... the only bit i did like was they showed a baby sensory class which they do all around essex but William got bored!

It's a shame when shows turn out Like that, I went to baby show before LO was born and was really dussapointed by it.

You'd think if they've done it for last 2 years they would of got it right by now!!

Hi girls I am from southend on sea, my gorgeous girl is 17 weeks today.

Hey girls.

I'm from Rayleigh and have an (almost) 7 month old and am looking for people to chat to/become friends with/meet up with :)

Hi girls am from Benfleet.
My little one is 19 weeks would be great to meet up for adult conversation and company for Jessica-Leigh.
Keep getting worried that she doesnt mix enough with other babies :-s

My little one is 19 weeks would be great to meet up for adult conversation and company for Jessica-Leigh.

where abouts in Benfleet you from ? im in Thundersley.

Hey girls.

I'm from Rayleigh and have an (almost) 7 month old and am looking for people to chat to/become friends with/meet up with :)

Hello... were not far from Rayleigh, My MIL and SIL are in Rayleigh, Your LO on soild's yet ?

where abouts in Benfleet you from ? im in Thundersley.

Am just a 5 minute walk from Tarpots, near to where the Lighthouse pub used to be. Dont really know the area too well, moved here 3 years ago but have always been busy working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->