Any nurses TTC

praying13

Wife-Mom-TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi all
I am a RN and I'm TTC #2. There is a job available that I can not pass up. It is my dream job. Im just nervous about the stress of a new job and TTC :cry:. Also what do you guys know about maternity leave?!? Can they refuse to give me a maternity leave?!? Im so nervous lol sorry for the rant.

Hey there - not a nurse but I am an MA at an extremely busy clinic. On my feet all day, very few pee breaks so I tend to dehydrate, miss my lunch most days and work about 10 hours of overtime. Not to mention verbally abused by patients, doctors, and office staff when things don't go their way.... ahem! So I understand some of what you go through, although, by no means, exactly what you go through. My RN and LVN friends tell me enough horror stories to keep me happily an MA!

I've read some mixed studies about stress and TTC. Some say it can cause issues, some say it won't. Really only you know your body.

RN's are made of tough stuff hun. If you can make it as an RN - you can do this new DREAM job, get your baby, have your baby, and be happy. Teach your kids to be made of the same material you're made of by leading by example. Again - you know your body better than anyone but I've seen women have and raise children in much worse conditions and under worse circumstances!

As for Maternity leave - it can depend on employer and state. Here is a link to a site that breaks down leave by state (since I don't know where you are!) : https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-life/maternity-paternity-leave/maternity-leave-by-state/

I will keep my FX'd for you!! :dust: sticky sticky baby dust to you! And good luck at the new job!

Bunnysolis, thank you soo much for replying. After talking to DH, he is really concerned about me being overly stressed. He made some really good points and I think I'm gonna stay where I am now. I know for a fact some days at the new job I will have to do heavy lifting, so I'm not gonna go through all of that!

I also have a lot of horror stories that I could share with you lol. I think that some doctors and patients are alike. Some like to throw hissy fits lol. I'm gonna just stay where I am because I definitely don't want a stressful pregnancy at all.
Thank you:flower:

im an lpn and I think my job may be causing undue stress that may make conceiving a little hard. They are not able to refuse maternity leave as long as you have been employed a year. that's under the fmla act.

Hi I'm an RN but live in Australia. I work for a public hospital and we can claim up to 12 months maternity leave. Legally they can't fire you for taking maternity leave but for it to be paid you have to have been with the company for more then a year. If you have been in your position less then a year you can always take unpaid maternity leave.

Is anyone else finding it hard TTC when you do shift work? Between days, lates and night shift I'm thinking it may start to be hard to DTD at the right times!

Floridamommy, nursing is hard on the body even when we're not pregnant so imagine the stress while pregnant eek :shrug:. My husband and I can definitely afford it if I just work PRN and I think that would be just for us because we just want to be done having kids lol and I am going to be a stay at home mom but work prn just to keep my foot in the door.

Shortnstumpy, I think that's why we're having a hard time getting pregnant right now. By the time I get off work (7:45 pm), the last thing on my mind is DTD lol especially if I have to get up and do the whole thing over again. But that's gonna change for us. Working prn is the best solution for our little family and I'm so excited about it lol:happydance:

ive been working prn for the last couple months and ttc has been easier

Floridamommy, nursing is hard on the body even when we're not pregnant so imagine the stress while pregnant eek :shrug:. My husband and I can definitely afford it if I just work PRN and I think that would be just for us because we just want to be done having kids lol and I am going to be a stay at home mom but work prn just to keep my foot in the door.

Shortnstumpy, I think that's why we're having a hard time getting pregnant right now. By the time I get off work (7:45 pm), the last thing on my mind is DTD lol especially if I have to get up and do the whole thing over again. But that's gonna change for us. Working prn is the best solution for our little family and I'm so excited about it lol:happydance:

I hear you ladies! RN here also and work in a busy hospital where we hardly get a break or lunch/dinner. Also, working 12 hour shifts but 3p-3am...when the heck can I try to do the deed on that shift?! :wacko:
I agree, nurses are tough stuff! We can handle a lot and put others first ahead of ourselves.

I think you weigh out the pros and cons...do what you feel you need to do and if it is your true dream job, I think go for it...do positions open there often?? I actually am changing jobs this month and cannot wait to have day shift hours and be home every evening with my husband. It's a job that never opens up here and I feel so lucky to have gotten the opportunity.
If you enjoy your current position and are ok not going for the other job, then that is your answer. Also, if you plan to go PRN eventually, you have to think about that and the new employer if they will like that.
Good luck!!

Hey ladies! Im a RN. Rather lucky with my wee job in a community nurse on a little island. Not all simple though as we are the only emergancy service in a case of an emergancy. trying to concieve my 3rd. (Twin angel boys).

As finding it hard to concieve ! Splitting myself in half is a talent I wish I had. Worry that I miss all my peaks and am too stressed! Baby dust to you all!!

Xxx

I agree that with nurses' schedules, it's hard to find time or plan time to dtd. It's really frustrating. Floridamommy, I'm glad to hear that working prn does make a difference. This makes me more excited lol! We take care of so many people, it's sad to say sometimes we just cant take care of ourselves smh.
But, enough gloom and doom. Lots of :dust: to us all. I pray this our month for our little sticky bean!!

I'm waiting for AF to arrive (Provera induced) then we can start our cycle again. Im excited. I bought some Preseed so hopefully it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->