Any OCD Mums? or mums with axiety disorders?

youngwife20

Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any of you out there apart from me,

would like to know how your coping being a mum and whether it effects you being a mum?

I find that sometimes i can be very axious at times, but as my ddaughter gets older i have made a consious effort not to be so ocd about things. but i find i can sometimes permently have an axiety headace and it really hurts.

my husband is suprised when i do things thats not like me lol but i say to him " im trying because i dont want her to grow up like me" i have this feeling that she wil turn out like me axious about so much and worry all the time. does anyone else feel like that? i know shes only 7 months old but i still try not to do some of the ocd stuff that i do.. when shes older i dont want to stop her from doing something completly rational because of my stuupid worries. i do worry that when shes older i wont give her enough freedom that she needs in order to try and 'keep her safe' ..

being a mum with ocd people dont really get it .. i find it harder than being a hormonal teenager with ocd lol when my ocd was at its worst lol

would like to talk to other mums with axierty issues see how ur doing xx :hugs::hugs:

hi there :) i have quite bad OCD, I'm on medication which definitely tones it down a little bit and I'm on the waiting list for cbt so I'm looking forward to that, hopefully it will help a lot!

I've always had OCD tendancies from a young age, they got worse and when i was pregnant got very intense and worsened even more when I had the baby, i've since read that something can trigger it to get worse pre and postnatally.

I really want to improve things having a baby, a job and a degree to study is hard enough, adding OCD into the mix makes things a heck of a lot more stressful! However, i do feel it's improving slowly. Before I had Oliver I never went to the doctor or really told anyone properly about it and i've made an effort to try and tackle it this year by taking medication, reading self-help books and hopefully cbt will vastly improve it as well :) oliver gave me the confidence to go and talk to someone so I'm thankful to him for that. Feel free to message me anytime.

xx

I have suffered from anxiety since I was a teenager. I'm on medication for it which helps. I'm not as bad as I used to be, I used to panic and worry over any tiny thing. I worry about my baby a lot and worry when she doesn't do things as fast as other babies or doesn't eat much solids. But I'm trying to learn to chill out a bit and go with the flow. I hope your anxiety improves hun :hugs:

I have anxiety and some OCD - mostly obsessive thinking. I have a really hard time sleeping, even when LO is and I tend to obsess about her sleeping. It drives me mad! I find when I can accept that I'm just going to be tired for a bit, I feel better, emotionally and physically.

Right there with all of you.
I have trouble sleeping at night and I can swear I hear my son crying and he's sound asleep.

I'm too protective of him and for the last few weeks I've refused everyone who asks to watch him or take him for a night. I need him home with me.

I too suffer from OCD and anxiety. Since becoming pregnant I have found I have seperation anxiety now too.

I currently am taking sertraline.
Please feel free to add easy friend xx

I have trouble sleeping at night and I can swear I hear my son crying and he's sound asleep.

I'm too protective of him and for the last few weeks I've refused everyone who asks to watch him or take him for a night. I need him home with me.

Same here! I always think I hear Charlotte crying when in fact she's sound asleep.

I also feel insecure about anyone watching my girl... it makes it hard to get much-needed alone time.

Me!

Generally I am okay with my anxiety at the moment. When I was younger it was a lot worse but actually, I think having a baby has given me a routine and stability that forces me to sort myself out a bit.

but I do worry a lot in the night. I regularly can't sleep and have to wake my OH to get some reassurance about stupid things that in the day seem so ridiculous. For example, I am not worried about it now but in the night I have a fear that I will be carrying Joni in her Moby sling, fall into the river, and not be able to get her out of the sling so she'll drown even though I'm managing to keep afloat. It's so stupid because the closest I ever get to a river is crossing a bridge on a bus. Another one is that I'll have her in the sling and be vacuuming and accidentally vacuum her eyeball out! Sounds so stupid but at 11pm I can be in tears panicking that I'll do it!!

I worry too that she will grow up to be anxious because my mum is an anxious person as well. But, I think that like you, I do make a conscious effort with Joni not to be so scared about things. I worry an awful lot, for example going out of the house and speaking to people, but I take Joni out every day and we go to places like story time at the library, and I just have a mantra of "suck it up" which seems to work. I hope she can escape it!

xxx

hi there :) i have quite bad OCD, I'm on medication which definitely tones it down a little bit and I'm on the waiting list for cbt so I'm looking forward to that, hopefully it will help a lot!

I've always had OCD tendancies from a young age, they got worse and when i was pregnant got very intense and worsened even more when I had the baby, i've since read that something can trigger it to get worse pre and postnatally.

I really want to improve things having a baby, a job and a degree to study is hard enough, adding OCD into the mix makes things a heck of a lot more stressful! However, i do feel it's improving slowly. Before I had Oliver I never went to the doctor or really told anyone properly about it and i've made an effort to try and tackle it this year by taking medication, reading self-help books and hopefully cbt will vastly improve it as well :) oliver gave me the confidence to go and talk to someone so I'm thankful to him for that. Feel free to message me anytime.

xx
hey hun. my ocd has phases of being really bad but i have always refused medication because obvously for me i have a control issue and i feel pills wud make me not in control of my mind after i had my daughter my hv said i should go on meds because my axiety was through the roof but refused againn.. also i have had cbt when i was 15 but i didnt fully commit they made me take a peice of paper home write down every ritual how it effects me what happens if i dont do it blabla i just cudnt do it then .. i hope it works for u hun.

and wow ur doing so well hun i couldnt go uni i cant studdy to save my life lol and aww im so glad having a baby helped u hun i would like to stay intouch because i find it hard to explain to anyone how i am feeling my worries seems so stupid once i say them allowed lol .

how does the meds make u feel? do u feel different xx

I have suffered from anxiety since I was a teenager. I'm on medication for it which helps. I'm not as bad as I used to be, I used to panic and worry over any tiny thing. I worry about my baby a lot and worry when she doesn't do things as fast as other babies or doesn't eat much solids. But I'm trying to learn to chill out a bit and go with the flow. I hope your anxiety improves hun :hugs:

thanks so much hun, how long have u been on meds? how soon before u noticed a difference? xx i hope ur axiety continues to improve xx

I have anxiety and some OCD - mostly obsessive thinking. I have a really hard time sleeping, even when LO is and I tend to obsess about her sleeping. It drives me mad! I find when I can accept that I'm just going to be tired for a bit, I feel better, emotionally and physically.

hey hun i am one for obbsesive thinking too at night i am worsed. is there nothing that helps u? xx

hey hun, u know if u keep doing that u will be exuasteeeddd! is there noeone u trust that can come to ur house and give u an hour tht way u could come in to check on him whenever u want? xx

x

hey hun i am one for obbsesive thinking too at night i am worsed. is there nothing that helps u? xx

Do you mean like you panic that she won't sleep before it's even happened? Because I do that all the time. I can't sleep because I'll be waiting for her to wake up. My OH continually tells me off for trying to predict what's going to happen and pre-emptively worrying about it. x

I too suffer from OCD and anxiety. Since becoming pregnant I have found I have seperation anxiety now too.

thanks so much hun will accept ur add now i see u have 2 children already how has it been dealing with ocd and having older children who want to be independant do so much!! xx

Do you mean like you panic that she won't sleep before it's even happened? Because I do that all the time. I can't sleep because I'll be waiting for her to wake up. My OH continually tells me off for trying to predict what's going to happen and pre-emptively worrying about it. x

i do that about waiting for her to wake up she has just started sleeping through but now no matter what she rolls onto her tummy and i see in my head her squashing her nose and not being able to breath so i check the monitor as i have a video monitor constantly through the night . it annoys my husband as im always rolling around taken the monitor of charge checking then asking him to put it back on charge as its on his side. as mothers we all worry but when u add axiety or ocd it can be torturers and thts what people dont get xx

do u have a video monitor? there expensive but they might have them cheaper second hand online tht might ease ur panic xx

It helps if my husband is home and agrees to take the first feeding - then I know I can get a block of sleep, even if she wakes early. I think it's the unpredictability of it all that's hard for me, since Charlotte wakes at different times every night. Honestly, I probably need to be on medication to help me relax but I'm still breast feeding! I thought about taking melatonin the other night, a natural suppliment, but it says it's not to be used when breast feeding :(

Me!

Generally I am okay with my anxiety at the moment. When I was younger it was a lot worse but actually, I think having a baby has given me a routine and stability that forces me to sort myself out a bit.

but I do worry a lot in the night. I regularly can't sleep and have to wake my OH to get some reassurance about stupid things that in the day seem so ridiculous. For example, I am not worried about it now but in the night I have a fear that I will be carrying Joni in her Moby sling, fall into the river, and not be able to get her out of the sling so she'll drown even though I'm managing to keep afloat. It's so stupid because the closest I ever get to a river is crossing a bridge on a bus. Another one is that I'll have her in the sling and be vacuuming and accidentally vacuum her eyeball out! Sounds so stupid but at 11pm I can be in tears panicking that I'll do it!!

I worry too that she will grow up to be anxious because my mum is an anxious person as well. But, I think that like you, I do make a conscious effort with Joni not to be so scared about things. I worry an awful lot, for example going out of the house and speaking to people, but I take Joni out every day and we go to places like story time at the library, and I just have a mantra of "suck it up" which seems to work. I hope she can escape it!

xxx
hun nothing sounds stupid in this thread hehe :) and omg the night thoughts r just so bad. i know how u feel but its strange that i feel what u have said is a logical worry but i know its not if that makes sence? its like i have 2 sides of my brain batteling each other lol the sensible side and the crazy side. and im so glad ur trying ur hardest to do all the things that u can! since having a baby my axiety has got worse even when i went to a weaning group . i wanted to say something .. but i had to play it over and over in my mind what i was gonna say and when i was saying it my heart was beating so fast i was shaking. its so strange because i used to be a drama student and performed in front of people 24/7 i have no clue were its come from..

also thank u for giving examples of ur axiety i find that realy helpful to see what others are going through xx

thanks so much hun will accept ur add now i see u have 2 children already how has it been dealing with ocd and having older children who want to be independant do so much!! xx

It's been very hard as my daughter is starting to copy me with certain things.she won't eat something unless she knows the date is ok. The younger one doesn't really notice anything... Typical male lol.
Since being on medication tho I have found that the OCD isn't as bad and I can get on with daily things now.
As for the anxiety side of things...... Things are pretty touch at the moment,I have I'll for the whole 7 months this pregnancy and grieving over loosing my mum too. I'm being referred for one to one sessions to talk so I'm hoping it can help me.

Xx

Yes! That's exactly what it's like for me... and my OH tells me the same thing! Easier said than done, though.

It helps if my husband is home and agrees to take the first feeding - then I know I can get a block of sleep, even if she wakes early. I think it's the unpredictability of it all that's hard for me, since Charlotte wakes at different times every night. Honestly, I probably need to be on medication to help me relax but I'm still breast feeding! I thought about taking melatonin the other night, a natural suppliment, but it says it's not to be used when breast feeding :(

i personaly stay away from natural stuff because its not prescribed i prefer for my doc to know exactly what im taking,. and aww its good ur oh is helping with that. i hate when people change my general plans or routine but with my daughter thank god i dont seem as bothered xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->