Any one else had the situaton where....

chatts

Reaction score
even if they don't have a preference on the baby's sex they just think of it as being a boy or girl?

I always think of our baby as a girl and the OH seems to think it's a boy.

I never wanted to find out the sex but now I'm a bit worried that I'll spend the next 20 weeks thinking of having a daughter and be completely shocked if it's a boy.

We have the 20 week scan scan tomorrow and OH would quite like to find out but I'm just not sure.

Do you think I should find out to be more prepared? This is out first and I really don't mind but don't want to have issues when it's born

Anyone else been in a similar situation? Any advice?

I wasn't bothered what I had but had a strong feeling from early on I was having boys. It's been easier to find out cos I prefer to refer to them as "he" rather than "it" plus it means you can buy the right stuff!

I call my bump "he" all the time!! I don't know why though as I don't have a clue what I'm having & don't intend in finding out. Think it's just the fact I'v gone off sweet things!

A few people have said to me "it gives you something extra to push for" when you don't know so I'm clinging to that!!

Not that I'd find out anyway, there's nothing I can't get in lemon, cream or white.xx

I didn't have a preference with either pregnancy but had a gut feeling with both, and i was right with both. We decided to find out the sex because it was so much easier. I had been seeing things to buy but they were all depending on the sex of baby lol

I wanted a boy until early in my pregnancy and then I just didn't really care; however, I had a really strong, overwhelming feeling that I was carrying a girl. A few things pointed towards it being a girl, but none more than my own instincts. I looked at the nub on my 13 week scan pic and was even more convinced it was a girl and then at 17 weeks I was told she's a girl. :D I am just waiting for it to be confirmed at my repeat anomoly scan next Weds now. :)

I don't mind but I don't want to be shocked - I won't buy anything that's not cream or white anyway I don't think- just don't know what to do!!!!!

I thought from the beginning that i was having a girl. Absolutely everyone in my family guessed girl and we were all right!

Before i was pregnant i always wanted boys. As soon as i became pregnant i couldnt imagine my baby being anything other than female :) Its funny, maybe our gut feeling is right and makes us want the sex we are carrying? If you have any preference with what your baby is then i would find out as you dont want any sense of being disappointed when the big day comes :) x

I say "HIM" or "HE" i just think its nicer then "it"

dont know why i dont say her though haha

If you don't have issues with having either gender, then there's no real need (IMO) to find out the sex just o be prepared. I reckon if you know you could be disappointed at the birth, then finding out early could be a good thing.

I think of our baby as a boy, but only because hubby has always spoken about having a boy. I don't think he would know where to start if we had a girl!

i was convinced i was having a boy and kept refering to my bump as a he. im having a girl! xox

I wasn't really bothered on the gender but had a feeling that baby is a girl and i was right, i think the whole mother's intuition thing can kick in sooner than we think. x

If I got to choose before falling pregnant, I would have wanted a girl first. But I am so so convinced that we are having a boy (we are on team yellow) that if we did in fact have a girl, I will be completely shocked!!!

I feel like I've bonded with a boy in my belly...a girl will just seem so wrong!! lol. But either way, as long as bubs is healthy, we don't have a real preference and will love it no matter what!

I think you should STAY ON TEAM YELLOW!!!!!!! :)

I always refer to baby as he/him lol but mine is more out of habit due to the fact i have 4 sons, i really do not mind if i have another boy, im used to them and there great wee fellas, obviously having a girl wouldnt bother me and would be nice lol

I'm absolutely sure e're having a boy. I'll get such a shock if the midwife hands me a girl, I'll be asking her where her willy is LMAO

At the moment, I would quite like a girl (although I feel AWFUL for thinking it!!) but I just have this feeling it's a boy! But my intuition is never usually right. I think we're going to have to find out though, just because I'm so impatient!!

I am 100% sure I'm having little boys, literally I won't even entertain the thought that its girls lol.

Which is why I want to find out at my 21 week scan because if I stayed on team yellow and they turn out to be girls at the birth I will be in complete shock lol. You know they will be girls now lol xxx

If you think you'll be disappointed when the baby's born that it's not what you're expecting, then it may be worth finding out beforehand.

I don't mind either way, and don't really have a feel for if it's a boy or girl - infact I either refer to the baby as "he or she", "it", "babyG" or "bubs". I must admit though I have more girls names shortlisted than boys - but I think that's down to my lack of imagination rather than some gut instinct....

I was sure our DD was a boy and even AFTER i got told she was a girl at the scan i was convinced they were wrong so was still a shock when she was born. lol. This time i was sure bubs was a girl but kept accidently saying 'he' 'him' or 'his' and was again shocked when they said he was a boy but i think my sub concious knew it was a boy :p

I knew the baby was a boy, and was not shocked at all when the ultrasound proved me right. As for finding out or waiting until birth, it is your choice. IMO its a great surprise either way, and now I get to do a lot of fun shopping and set up his nursery!

I wanted a girl, but am now settled I am having a boy. I don't mind what I get at all. I def don't want to know though and am staying team yellow much to DH's disappointment.

However I have told some people that if I give birth to a girl I will run round naked as I will be that in shock. I feel like it's a boy, and there are no girls born on DH's side of the family so we're all certain it will be a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->