Any one researching into where they want to give birth?

Hey Lozzy - I don't mind you asking at all! Feel like I am really getting to know you now and so don't mind sharing! ha!!

Well I am a size 26 at the mo :dohh: so seriously working on that!! I'm really trying to get as close to 17 stone by the time we TTC which I am hoping will be about a size 18.

Will go read - thanks for the link xxxx

Remember the average uk size is a 14-16. Im wanting to get my bmi to atleast 30 before we ttc so iv got 4 and a bit stone to loose, i can do that in 2 years. Ill still be a size 16 in jeans tho but im skinny at a size 16, sounds daft i know.

I actually only started thinking about this recently. I haven't researched it yet though. I am thinking I'd like to use a midwife. This thread has got me thinking I should start to research it though! (Yea - something more to research!):yipee:

In the uk in most case's a doctor will only be delivering your baby if there is a problem. Nearly all care is midwife led.

Remember the average uk size is a 14-16. Im wanting to get my bmi to atleast 30 before we ttc so iv got 4 and a bit stone to loose, i can do that in 2 years. Ill still be a size 16 in jeans tho but im skinny at a size 16, sounds daft i know.

I would love to be a size 16 :D and it doesn't sound silly - I tell you I have a load of size 16 clothes I was looking at the other day and they seemed so skinny! :D

Of course, the longer we take to conceive the smaller I get anyway, so it won't be such a bad thing if it doesn't happen straight away, but I don't think I can wait to try for much longer so if I can get to a size 18 I think I'll be pretty happy. Most mainstream shops that have maternity wear go up to an 18 so I should then be ok for clothes :D xx

I would love to be a size 16 :D and it doesn't sound silly - I tell you I have a load of size 16 clothes I was looking at the other day and they seemed so skinny! :D

Of course, the longer we take to conceive the smaller I get anyway, so it won't be such a bad thing if it doesn't happen straight away, but I don't think I can wait to try for much longer so if I can get to a size 18 I think I'll be pretty happy. Most mainstream shops that have maternity wear go up to an 18 so I should then be ok for clothes :D xx

Hope you get there soon hun. Ull be back in wtt after having your lo and ill still be in here:rofl:

I'd be too scared to have a home birth I think..............but am quite keen on the idea of a water birth (I have no idea why tho - maybe more relaxing?) Haven't researched into anything yet though!:headspin::headspin:

Hope you get there soon hun. Ull be back in wtt after having your lo and ill still be in here:rofl:

Thanks hunni - aww you never know It could take me forever! Your 2 years will be here before you know it :D xx

hey ladies!
Im def having another home birth, ive had both my boys at home and i loved it.
With harry i had dylan and anais there with me and anais even cut the cord, it was AMAZING and really beautiful.
The only thing i plan to change is that i hope to give birth in our birth pool rather than just labour in it x

Niamh was a natural birth at a midwife birthing centre. Next one will be a natural home water birth :)

Theres a fair few of us wanting home births.

Sam- have you had any one try to convince you to that it was a bad idea or unsafe, ether friends and family or medical staff? If so what did you say?

I think i'd worry too much if I had a home birth, incase anything went wrong. I'd like a water birth, but not that sure about being naked and everyone seeing me and my wobbly bits! x

I want to haave a natural birth (or as close as I can get) th hospital near us seems to be very open to this so we'll probably be there (OH wants a hospital..."just in case")

I want to haave a natural birth (or as close as I can get) th hospital near us seems to be very open to this so we'll probably be there (OH wants a hospital..."just in case")

Oh would like me to go to a hospital but knows he would be fighting a loosing battle.

I think i'd worry too much if I had a home birth, incase anything went wrong. I'd like a water birth, but not that sure about being naked and everyone seeing me and my wobbly bits! x

You could always wear a top or bikini top or something. I have thought about this, but then thought 1st they've seen it all before and 2nd, they are going to see your most initmate body area, so what's a little more flesh! ha!!

Theres a fair few of us wanting home births.

Sam- have you had any one try to convince you to that it was a bad idea or unsafe, ether friends and family or medical staff? If so what did you say?

No-one tried to convince me not to but because i went 2 weeks overdue everyone was trying to medically intervene. I was due to be scanned the day after i went into labour and at the scan they were basically going to tell me i was putting my baby at risk by not being induced but i did a lot of research about home births and being overdue and i would have stuck to my guns of a home birth xx

Every one is saying that i should go into hospital and im not even pregnant yet. Well not every one but most people. The only peson who hasent said i should go or they would rather me go is my mam.

Oh and iv read that if you have sex 3 times in 24 hrs there's the same amount of whatever it is in that as the thing they use to induce you.

Providing you have an uncomplicated pregnancy and are considered low risk then it is as safe, if not safer, to give birth at home than in hospital due to there being less risk of infection and in hospital you are far more likely to have interventions such as episiotomy, where as at home you are naturally more realxed and your body is more likely to cope with the pain x

Providing you have an uncomplicated pregnancy and are considered low risk then it is as safe, if not safer, to give birth at home than in hospital due to there being less risk of infection and in hospital you are far more likely to have interventions such as episiotomy, where as at home you are naturally more realxed and your body is more likely to cope with the pain x

Yer iv read this and this is my argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->