Any one use OPK'S?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Dose any one use OPK'S?

I know im a long ay off and planning on NTNP but im thinking about getting some just to make sure everything is working IFKWIM.

How do you use them? :blush: Apart from peeing on them.

I have a box I'm going to start soon but like you I'm not exactly sure how they work and I don't want to waste them since they're a bit pricey....

Can any one give us an idiots guide to OPK's?

Im pretty new to the opk world too but I have started using them for about 5 days a cycle (I have done for the last 2 cycles anyways),like you I thought id make sure everything seems ok ovulation wise as we want to start ttc next year.What I do is start using the opks once a day for the five days up to ovulation and gradually see the lines get darker each day.This month I did ovulate a couple of days later which I wouldnt have known if I hadnt have used the opks so they are good for pinpointing Ovulation.

I use persona so not exactly the same, but I think you just pee on them for about 3 secs first thing in the morning. If there's one line they're working but you're not ovulating at the moment, if there's two lines you're about to or have just ovulated. You should ovulate 10 to 12 days before you AF, so use them around that time if your cycles are regular and you know when that is likely to be.
Hope that helped a little but do check the label of whatever you're using.

Erm another silly question but where do i get them from?

Im wanting to use them more to make sure i am ovulating in the first place. Do they come with instructions?

Id like to start using them when i come off pill but dont quite understand how they work or how much they cost...So your not the only one who doesn't get them lol :laugh2:

I get mine off ebay as you can buy them in bulk cheaply.

Use them at the same time each day (I always did them at three different times each day) and when the line starts to get darker that means your levels are increasing so :sex: just to be sure, and then soon the lines should be the same color/ the test line should be darker, and then :sex: like crazy! I always tested after my positive just to be sure the levels went down and I knew I had O'd. Good luck!! PM me if you have any questions!

You can buy them at any drug store. They're about twenty dollars (not sure about the conversion for that) for a weeks worth or tests. Not too expensive but if you're not doing them right it could get pricey! I haven't opened mine yet as the directions said they "go bad" if not used within a month. I just came off the pill so I'm trying to have atleast two cycles before I test. I'm one down! Cycle 2 CD 5

I had a look at them in the shop together with a look at other POAS material, and Heck they are so expensive. Seriously they make me feel like they are plated with gold?!
They were in a range of 10 to 20 €.

Morri, you're in Germany right? Try dm drogeriemarkt, they usually have cheap versions of poas materials. :oD

i didn't use them when ttc last time, but really want to, probably next july i will start using OPK's. like someone said, i believe it's just using them same time each day, and once the line is as dark as the control line then your O'ing!

once we're at this stage, i will bulk buy off ebay all poas material, then get my digi's ready for the big one :lol:

Dont want to get any in bulk as i dont plan on using them when ttc.

So if i poas every morning and afternoon from cd 10 untill i get a line darker than the control line, that would work.

i believe so lozzy :) i think you can buy in like lots of 5/10 on ebay honey x

OPKs are only a secondary way of seeing if youre fertile. I'm not bothering with them and just tracking my CM and temp. Cheaper and this way you can pinpoint the fertile days to BD and you can pinpoint the exact day you ovulated with the BBT reading.

Im not going to bother with temp or anything when it comes to it. We have sex atleast every other day anyway so i dont see the point.

It's good to know exactly when you OV for your dates and to make sure you defo BD on that day. If you're doing NTNP then it's not so much an issue but if you BD only every 2nd or 3rd day then you could miss your most fertile days :(

Most of the time we have sex every day, every other day at a push. lol, Its scarey enough for OH agreeing to have sex with out comdoms, i dont want to freak him out to much by poas every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->