Any one use OPK'S?

Most of the time we have sex every day, every other day at a push. lol, Its scarey enough for OH agreeing to have sex with out comdoms, i dont want to freak him out to much by poas every day.

thats exactly why i wont buy them! OH would freak out lol.

I use them. My cycles are so erratic I really have to use them to find out when I ovulate. Tracking my temps does nothing for me because my temperature doesn't really fluctuate. I stay between 97 and 97.7 degrees my entire cycle with not much variation. I usually start using them starting the 14th day of my cycle until I get a positive.

I bought mine on https://https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pacof3ovtess.html . The more you buy the cheaper they are...plus if your OH is a bit leary about things like this they are really small packets and are easy to stow away. I bought 50 in bulk and they fit easily into an empty tampon box.

DIdnt use them last time I just got to know my body by using fertility friend for awhile before, and used that as an indicator and got pg first cycle trying and I am older. I am thinking about getting some for next time but they are quite expensive between OPKs and pregnancy tests its dear.

Can any one give us an idiots guide to OPK's?

I didn't have a clue what to do but ordered them off ebay, anyway I found they had really good instructions. The ones I buy are from a shop called fertilityplan on ebay and they are NHS grade and FDA cleared (I presume that means they are reliable). You can buy them in different quantities, the more you buy the less you pay. The last lot that I bought were £14 for 100 from auction, the buy it now price was £15.75 (including postage). These tests can be mixed and matched between ovulation and pregnancy strips.

The shop also does a poas FSH test for around £2-4 which is a fertility test. I think that just confirms that you have not gone through the menopause.

The ovulation strips that I buy are very sensitive although I don't always have a strong positive result. I buy some basic plastic cups from the supermarket and collect a little urine in there and dip the test strip in for 10 seconds. The instructions tell you to test between 10am and 8pm as first morning urine does not always contain enough hormones to get a result. They also say to reduce fluid intake for 2 hours before testing so you have concentrated urine.

A test line will appear on the strip proving that the test is effective then you just need to wait for the result line (5-10 mins). On the run up to ovulation my result line appears faint and then is almost as dark as the test line when ovulation is detected. I usually test the following days until the result line is non existent.

It is worth saying that when we TTC, I plan on buying a clear blue ovulation tests as they are probably more reliable and get some good reviews.

Hope this helps, take care & let me know how you get on

Hey hey hey,
POAS addict in the thread :rofl:

I used OPKs when I got pregnant, brought them in bulk from ebay and they have always been just as good as the pricey ones. I got 100 opks and 50 ics for £13 and I still have loads left to concieve the next bubs!

If you are already in a cycle, it's easier to work out when to use them. You want to start using them between 8-10 days after AF (I started of at 8 days as I tend to OV quite early and didn't want to miss it) but most people will OV at around the 10-12 day mark. Keep using them at the same time each day (probably best to use FMU for ease) and watch how they change. For an OPK to be positive, the line needs to be as dark as or darker than the control line. Just a line in itself doesn't mean you are OV. The hormone should get stronger though, so if you track the OPKS over a week or so you will learn what is positive for you over time - some people never get it as dark but are still OV. As I am not, I just started taking them randomly and caught my OV today. Pricey at first, but worth it to help you work things out.

Personally, even if you don't intend to temp I would get to grips with www.fertilityfriend.com - take the charting courses, a good way of killing time until TTC! Some people will find they need to also use temps and to check cervical mucus to get a complete picture of what is going on, for some, OPKS are enough. I didn't get CM before I got pregnant with Edan, but using OPKS and temps I can show you on my chart where I OV'd, and exactly where I implanted. OPKS will tell you what is going on around OV, but temps can give you a much better sign of what is going on over the 2ww.

Annnnnnd relax. HTH -x-

I use OPK's and also like missi get them from fertilityplan on ebay,

I know alot of people moan about cheapie OPK's and not getting proper results but every month i have used them i have had perfect results.

They are easy to use, just pee in a cup, dip the stick and wait, i use them from CD10 every day then once i get the slightest hint of a line i start doing them 2 - 3 times a day and my LH surge is so short that if i did them once i day i would easily miss it.

The test line has to be equal or darker than the control line to be deemed a positive.

You don't use first morning urine with OPK because LD is synthesized early in the day, i find i generally get a positive on a afternoon/evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->