Any one using/thinking about using real nappies?

I do use cloth, and always will. I *love* them :)

I wrote a big review on the in the eco friendly section if you want to have a look.

I plan on using cloth, I am in the process of trying to start up my own buisness making and selling nappies, infact i have spent the morning cutting out some nappies to sew up and start selling :D
Do let me know when you do, I'll be your first custommer ( TTC in march 2010:happydance:) as I'm planning on using cloth nappies and will buy them from internet shops, why not from you???

Great thread!!! Must say I've always thought of using cloth nappies as my mum used them with me (rash baby):dohh:. Thing is, she used the oldie white ones just a "square of cloth" if you know what I mean and I'm not quite sure how that actually worked... I will ask her when pg as now she will start wondering and I don't want anyone to know when I'm TTC... Thanks for the info!!! I never thought of YOUTUBE to find out more, I'll remember that, I would have googled!!

I'll let you know for sure :) you will be starting to TTC 3 months before me hehe :happydance:

i use bambino mios and i love them! so so easy to use!

and as for them being worse for the environment, they dont take into account the gel and stuff that that gets made to put into the reusables! plus you dont have to washt hem as hot as they say really!

and its a lot nicer to have bum on cloth rather than on minging gel and stuff xx

way i see it is, i dont and wouldn't want to wear paper knickers so i am not going to put them ono my babies, thats just my personal opinion on cloth nappies :)

way i see it is, i dont and wouldn't want to wear paper knickers so i am not going to put them ono my babies, thats just my personal opinion on cloth nappies :)

This is exactly how I feel :) The only thing I could compare it to was wearing paper maternity knickers, or mxi pads every single days for years. No thanks! I wear cotton, so why shouldn't my baby?

Buttonnose, if you need any testers then let me know! :)

I do need some testers actually! I was thinking of asking a couple of friends but they use disposables so if they are not cloth minded then they won't understand the difference between a cloth nappy and a disposable regardless.

If you let me know your little ones size (weight) once I have some made up I'll send you a couple different material combinations to try if you would :D

im use cloth with the next one :) defo! I always meant to with Luke but in all honesty, i just kept forgetting to buy them....

I do need some testers actually! I was thinking of asking a couple of friends but they use disposables so if they are not cloth minded then they won't understand the difference between a cloth nappy and a disposable regardless.

If you let me know your little ones size (weight) once I have some made up I'll send you a couple different material combinations to try if you would :D

She's quite small, so will probably be a good tester as she's not in the 'normal' size range for babies. That sounds odd, I know, but she's in the lowest percentile for weight and she's very long and skinny so disposable don't fit well but cloth does. :) So if a cloth one will fit her, it will fit anyone :lol:

She's quite small, so will probably be a good tester as she's not in the 'normal' size range for babies. That sounds odd, I know, but she's in the lowest percentile for weight and she's very long and skinny so disposable don't fit well but cloth does. :) So if a cloth one will fit her, it will fit anyone :lol:

great! well I'll get some sewn up this week, they are all cut out just need sewing and then I'll PM you next week to get your address and i'll post them out to you :D

My best friend used terry nappies on her first born & it was fantastic. OH & I are definitely going to use them when the time comes! She's preg again now & looking to use them again for the next one. It wasn't a big prob with regards to washing etc because they were easy to clean, had disposable liners & big plastic pants on the top. She used disposables at night but it worked out a lot cheaper using terry nappies during the day. I'd never changed anything other than a disposable so I thought it would be tricky to fold the cloths & get it right, but it was actually really easy.
:D

cloth nappys have come so far now a days, I mean you can still get the good old terry square but you can also get nappies shaped like a disposable, the nappies i am making are fitted nappies, they are the shape of a disposable and use aplix to fasten, they require a waterproof outerlayer to make completely waterproof (i plan on working on wraps next after getting my nappy selling going). You can get shaped nappies that have a built in waterproof layer also, these are called AIO's, they are generally more expensive and also take a long time to dry, you can get pocket nappies where you stuff it with your soaker but it comes apart for washing and drying, then there are pre folds....

Sorry cloth excites me hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->