Any other 35+ low AMH/high FSH ladies experience of short antagonist protocol?

threebirds

Reaction score
Hi ladies

We've been ttc 2+yrs. 1 natural preg last summer which ended at 12/13wks.
I have low AMH (tested twice, 1 & 3, UK scale) & high FSH (tested 3 times in last yr, 8.3, 11.4 & 20.2).
DH also has low fertility.
We're beginning an ICSI cycle at the end of the month.
This is at a private clinic. We'll be on an antagonist protocol. I've heard this can be good for very high & very low responders. We've been told there is only a 5% chance of getting to egg collection.
No downregging, just start with Gonal F on day 2 or 3. Will be on 300 iu for 12 days. I start taking Cetrotide on the 5th day of Gonal F and then an Ovitrelle trigger after Ive finished the Gonal F & Cetrotide. Then start the progesterone pessaries. I presume if things are happening slowly we mught have option of extending Gonal F & Cetrotide for a couple of days.

So Im wondering if there are other ladies in a similar situation or if you have experience of this protocol and how you found it...

Thanks!!

Hi threebirds,
i had an antagonist cycle in April, very similar to yours with similar meds. I found it really manageable. I didn't find the injections that bad. you just get used to doing i guess.
The last few days before my egg retrieval was a bit tough as i could feel my ovaries they were huge I imagine!
My issue was that I responded too well with the meds and I got mild ohss.

i suggest taking lots of fluids along the way.

There is plenty of ladies on these threads with low AMH and only a couple of eggs, and still getting BFP (so its definitely possible). I didn't have such luck but will be having a frozen transfer soon.

GL

I have a really low amh, 0.43 but fsh has been 7, 8 and once it was 11. They gave me a 5% chance of sucess with ivf using my own eggs and a 50% chance with DE but the fool that I am, I went and tried it with my own eggs. I did one cycle "mini" ivf where they only gave me gonal f 225IU per day to get fewer eggs but better quality and it did not work. I had 4 follicles, 3 retrieved, 2 fertilized and both put back in as a 2 day transfer (they said that since they were putting them both back they didn't want to risk having them grow in a dish and said they would be better off inside my body- I don't really agree with this, so next time I want at least a 3 day transfer). I am having lap next and will hopefully start a regular ivf cycle with estrogen priming in the next couple months. I don't know what an antagonist cycle is. These protocols each clinic uses are sooooooooooooooo different. It scares me. :nope:

Hi threebirds,
i had an antagonist cycle in April, very similar to yours with similar meds. I found it really manageable. I didn't find the injections that bad. you just get used to doing i guess.
The last few days before my egg retrieval was a bit tough as i could feel my ovaries they were huge I imagine!
My issue was that I responded too well with the meds and I got mild ohss.

i suggest taking lots of fluids along the way.

There is plenty of ladies on these threads with low AMH and only a couple of eggs, and still getting BFP (so its definitely possible). I didn't have such luck but will be having a frozen transfer soon.

GL

Thank you :hugs:
So sorry your cycle didnt work out but great that you got some frozen embies and hoping you get your bfp v soon xx

Hi threebirds, thank you. yes it is heartbreaking when it doesn't work, especially as on the IVF threads there is lots of women getting bfp's first go. but I had a feeling that it going to be a negative as I really didn't feel normal as I was so bloated.

it is very exciting to be starting a cycle as the waiting is what I find the worse part!!!
GL ladies on your cycles. I hope they lead to lovely babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->