Any other irregular gals out there?? Let's stick together! (TTC#1 FORUM))

2ducks

Reaction score
I wanted to start a new support thread for ladies who are having irregular cycles, are annovulatory or just don't experience the classic fertility predictors AND who are trying for their first (this is the ttc#1 forum).

As some of you may already know I have been off BCP for 7 months, have had one period (or so I think) and am hoping and praying to ovulate. I am on CD 23 after what I think was a 3 day period. I am temping and charting, using OPKs and monitoring CM/CP. I have also never had EWCM which concerns me a little. I am not gonna lie, I feel a little envious of those gals who have "regular" cycles, predictably turn OPKs positive and have EWCM. I just feel sometimes like I am never going to get there....

Anyway, if there is anyone out there like me who is regularly irregular lets support one another!

Irregular Gals BFPs!

Congratulations PeterPanWendy BFP February 2016

Meee! I'm here. cycles range from 3 to 7 weeks... Blah. Used my first OPK this month... fx.

Wow, that's frustrating to never know how long your cycles are going to be! I guess the good thing about a 3 week cycle is that you will ovulate sooner than than most. Are you in your TWW?

Tell me about it! I can usually tell when AF is due cause I get incredibly sad 3 days before, for no reason. I don't have PCOS.. Just wonky cycles. Incredibly hard to find O days. I can deal with the short cycles, but the long ones give me hope for a baby lol! Yes I am, I think I'll be testing new years.

How about you? What CD are you currently at?

I am on CD25 no lh surge or O, I try to test twice daily but I find it hard to hold my pee and not drink for four hours in the afternoon. I also use a saliva microscope but have found that isn't really reliable for me. I am also working on figuring out CP, it still kinda gives me the heebie geebies to feel for my own cervix, but I am desperate for signs that I will ovulate!

I had my fifth acupuncture session today, the woman told me "your pulses feel the best they ever have!" Not quite sure what that means but hopefully it ends up being good news.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to be feeling for in my cervix, all I feel is soft insides LOL. Do you find that the acupuncture is helping?

I did have a three day bleed after two acupuncture sessions, not sure if it was related or not. My health insurance covers my acupuncture with a $25 copay so it is affordable for me.

I haven't quite figured out the CP yet either but I try to feel it every day and hope that I will eventually notice a pattern.

CD 27 and no confirmed O yet! I posted an OPK question in the ovulation predictor kit forum, I would love some input if you don't mind heading that way and taking a peek!

Yes!! I have PCOS, but not real symptoms other than irregular cycles. I don't have cysts or any other problems with it. But these irregular cycles are the most pesky of them all! I came off BC in September and had my first period two weeks ago. I took an opk and got two negatives and then five positives in a row. Finally I just sopped taking them because obviously 5 days in a row is weird. So I'm just trying to wait on my next AF to come around and get at least some sort of glimpse into when and if I am even ovulating! I am very envious of the 28 day cyclers!

Yes!! I have PCOS, but not real symptoms other than irregular cycles. I don't have cysts or any other problems with it. But these irregular cycles are the most pesky of them all! I came off BC in September and had my first period two weeks ago. I took an opk and got two negatives and then five positives in a row. Finally I just sopped taking them because obviously 5 days in a row is weird. So I'm just trying to wait on my next AF to come around and get at least some sort of glimpse into when and if I am even ovulating! I am very envious of the 28 day cyclers!

Welcome to our thread! Irregular cycles are the WORST, you never know what's coming. Five days of lh surges is a little odd. I hope you did some serious BDing during that time just in case! Good news is that if you do start your period in the next two weeks or so you will know that you did ovulate. Right now we are trying to have sex every other night hoping to hit my fertile window....it is definitely not sustainable long term to be doing it every other night.

Meeeee!! haha I have irregular cycles- there have been times where AF has not shown up for months- recently (the last couple of years maybe) AF shows up monthly but i never really know when- I haven't attempted to track it until recently, so far, my last cycle was 30 days (i believe that's not far from the normal 28 days)- but that's the first cycle i've tracked, so we'll see....right now i'm on CD 3 of this cycle

Meeee too!!! CD 4 today! wonky cycles from 29 to 55 days (not counting the 4 months of non-existant period after BC) same as you littlebean : PCOS with no other symptoms other than irregular cycles.
But I have great hopes for this cycle as Fertilaid seems to work well on me... Really hoping for an ovulation before the 17th as I will be traveling away from my husband after that date...
I wish you all a great New Year's Eve, and a fantastic 2016, the year we will all get our BFP I am sure!!!

Oh Yes 2Ducks! We did some serious BD, almost everyday just to be on the safe side!! :happydance: I have heard that PCOS can cause OPKs to read positive even when you are not ovulating, but it does seem weird that they read negative before they were to read positive. But, who knows!

Hopefully us irregular gals will catch that egg soon!!

Oh yeah, I forgot it was new years! I got my first crosshairs on my fertility friend chart today. It is dashed crosshairs which means my data looks a little funny because I had no secondary signs to confirm O other than my temp spike for three days. Hopefully my temps stay up so I can confirm I O'd.

Happy new years! I am getting a cold so I am going to bed early!

Hey can i join? :)

Been TTC since July and out of those i've has three anovulatory cycles and am on CD18 now with no real sign of impending ovulation yet either so this may turn out to be anovulatory as well..

Although before trying my cycles were about 32-36 days, so on the longer side but from experiencing anovulatory ones and knowing what happens to my body without progesterone, i know i ovulated pretty much every cycle then.

I started taking agnus castus in the beginning of ttc and have also tried soy for two cycles (one soy cycle in october was pretty perfect, ovulation on CD13, blaring positive opk that same day, ended up conceiving but bleeding 2 days after AF was due. Second soy cycle annovulatory)

I feel i caused the anovulatory cycles myself from trying to self medicate so much, so that's super frustrating. Now i'm only taking my vitamins and hope things regulate themselves, if not i'm planning on going to my doctor in march..

So yeah, i totally get be being envious of those women that have pretty textbook cycles all the time!

Hello! I'm new to the ttc forums and also have irregular cycles (and endometriosis!). As for CM, someone on here told me to drink more water, as i wasn't getting any either, and i have to say, this month i've had some CM! So may be worth a shot?

Hi, I also have very irregular periods. Not even sure if I ovulate at all. I had ewcm a few weeks ago, just a few days after my period, so I was very confused. And right now I have a ton of preg symptoms- it's unreal. I don't use opk or anything like that, but I just need some support. It's only been 5 months but feels like it's been longer. I fear that maybe I am not fertile and can't have children, and that really scares me. Hope to hear back from all of you! I like this forum, I always read stuff with women who are regular so it's hard when my cycles are so different!

Hey can i join? :)

Been TTC since July and out of those i've has three anovulatory cycles and am on CD18 now with no real sign of impending ovulation yet either so this may turn out to be anovulatory as well..

Although before trying my cycles were about 32-36 days, so on the longer side but from experiencing anovulatory ones and knowing what happens to my body without progesterone, i know i ovulated pretty much every cycle then.

I started taking agnus castus in the beginning of ttc and have also tried soy for two cycles (one soy cycle in october was pretty perfect, ovulation on CD13, blaring positive opk that same day, ended up conceiving but bleeding 2 days after AF was due. Second soy cycle annovulatory)

I feel i caused the anovulatory cycles myself from trying to self medicate so much, so that's super frustrating. Now i'm only taking my vitamins and hope things regulate themselves, if not i'm planning on going to my doctor in march..

So yeah, i totally get be being envious of those women that have pretty textbook cycles all the time!

Welcome to our thread! I am also taking vitex, maca, I did take Dong Quai and Black Cohosh for a month. I too am thinking it is time to stop with the herbs and just let things sit for a while and see what happens. I just hate the feeling of not "doing" something, but really, what can I do???? I guess I am self medicating with herbs. I'm probably not hurting anything but I am also probably not helping. I am finishing up acupuncture tomorrow, hopefully that helps too. I got my first coverline on my FF chart, but I don't think I actually ovulated. I had NO other fertility signs other than the temp raise. No OPK, NO EWCM, and NO ferning on my saliva microscope at the time of suspected O. I had four days above my coverline and then two days of low temps including today. I guess the only thing to do I keep on temping and bring my charts in with me to my follow up OB apt in February.

Anyway, I hope that this cycle is just late O for you and that it happens soon!

Hello! I'm new to the ttc forums and also have irregular cycles (and endometriosis!). As for CM, someone on here told me to drink more water, as i wasn't getting any either, and i have to say, this month i've had some CM! So may be worth a shot?

Welcome to our thread! I just read that taking an expectorant (like in cough medicine) can also help with CM. Drinking more water is probably a good thing to do in general. I realized I have been really dehydrated the past two weeks because I have been drinking little and holding my pee for those damn OPKs :dohh:! I think next cycle I am only going to test lh in the AM, I may miss a potential lh surge but I can't go all day with little water, especially since my job require me to talk a lot!

Hi, I also have very irregular periods. Not even sure if I ovulate at all. I had ewcm a few weeks ago, just a few days after my period, so I was very confused. And right now I have a ton of preg symptoms- it's unreal. I don't use opk or anything like that, but I just need some support. It's only been 5 months but feels like it's been longer. I fear that maybe I am not fertile and can't have children, and that really scares me. Hope to hear back from all of you! I like this forum, I always read stuff with women who are regular so it's hard when my cycles are so different!

Hello Bubblybee and welcome! You are definitely NOT alone. There are a lot of us irregular women out there who don't have the same traditional cycles and fertility signs as other women. I think all of us on this thread are a little insecure about what being irregular means for ttc success.

This may sound like a silly question, but did you take a pregnancy test since you are having pregnancy symptoms? Also, have you seen an OBGYN to discuss your irregular cycles? Also, you may want to start temping and charting with a basal body thermometer and using Fertility Friend App. This really is the only way to confirm if you are ovulating or not. There are other useful tools out there like OPKs and saliva microscpes, but they can not confirm ovulation. If you temp for a couple months and have not ovulated then you can take your charts to your doc and have "evidence"; then HOPEFULLY you can come up with a game plan on how to ttc.

For me its been 7.5 months but feels like an eternity and I don't think I am ovulating. In my mind I should be pregnant now with a big belly painting a baby room. At least now that I am charting I have data to take to my OBGYN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->