Any other 'lucky' pregnant women out there?

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
I keep reading how people are in loads of back/hip pain, not sleeping, really painful acid reflux etc.

Earlier on in pregnancy I kept thinking "oh dear, that'll probably be me at some point!" but as I've come further along I still haven't really suffered from any of these things, and am now finding that a lot of these sorts of posts are coming from ladies who are a couple of months behind me.

There must be other ladies out there who are doing ok?

Don't get me wrong, I do get a bit of reflux, my hips ache and go really stiff and sore some days, and I struggle to bend over, but not to the extent that I'm in misery. I also hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this!

(Loads of sympathy for those who are really suffering, I'm just starting to wonder how 'abnormal' I am!)

Not so much this pregnancy but with my first I was just the same , no sickness, cravings , not overly tired , no aches etc right through untill I went overdue ! Make the most of it ! X

I whinge alot but the reality is there's not that much wrong with me.

I've had no major pain or anything physically wrong with me.

Some days I feel uncomfortable because of the way he lies but on a whole I can't really say I've had a bad pregnancy really!

I just don't like being pregnant all that much so I'm prob a bit more miserable than I should be.
I see the bad things rather than the good!

I would say I'm pretty lucky compared to some women here.

me! I didn't have any real issues until 37 weeks when I started suffering from back pain but it is only at night and I can easily rid myself of it with a heating pad. Of course there is bladder issues from baby's head but no big deal. I feel awesome considering I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. :)

This is my 3rd and most painful my first I was fine nothing to bad other them ms

I'm with you ladies. I've have a wonderful pregnancy so far in that I didn't have morning sickness and have felt like myself the entire time. I haven't had raging hormones or crying fits and I've only gain 17 lbs so far, I'm all bump. No stretch marks...so far and I'm in the home stretch with about 7 weeks to go. I do feel for the ladies that have it tougher. My SIL is pregnant w/her 3rd and my brother says she does not handle pregnancy well and has to walk on egg shells around her. He looked at me and thinks I'm strange and not really pregnant, well the baby inside says differently. :)

I have to admit I'm in the same boat! I really feel for the ladies who have such a tough time in pregnancy.

Both pregnancies have been remarkably discomfort free. At 37 weeks this time around I'm still able to walk for miles, I get a solid 8 hours sleep a night and have barely any discomfort - just a little bit of aching in the evenings if I've had a particularly active day. I've never had heartburn and didn't get morning sickness, I feel incredibly lucky! My mum was the same with both her pregnancys too so I assume it's partly genetic?

The thing that surprises me the most this time around is that I can still bend down, shave my legs, do my shoes etc, but I suspect that's due to baby being fully engaged (has been for a couple of weeks) and leaving me with a bit more room x

I'm the same (although a bit behind you ladies at 27 weeks) I've had a bit of reflux at night, and the odd days where my hips are very sore, but 90% of the time I'm fine! People always ask 'how are you coping - any bad symptoms?' they always want to know about the bad stuff! So I feel like I keep going on about the negatives - but really it's not been too bad at all!

oh you're so lucky lol. I can barely stand for more than a couple of minutes.

I'm three weeks behind you and for the most haven't suffered much. I do have pregnancy carpal tunnel but able to ignore it for the most part. Yes it does hurt, but once I move my fingers/hands differently it goes away for awhile. Yesterday was my first day with any type of back pain but that's cause I know little cub turned to face my back and was attacking it. When she moved it was all good. Sleeping is no problem. I wake up once maybe twice a night to pee. Usually just once though. In fact this entire pregnancy has not been ANYTHING what I thought it would be. Never had morning sickness, or felt ill at all. Besides being sleepy a bit more and having a growing tummy, I probably would never have thought I was pregnant. It even took me quite some time to finally accept I am pregnant. (About 28 weeks I think). That was when I finally started to feel pregnant cause of my bump. Oh and I have also had nasty nasty heartburn. But that is easily taken care of with taking Pepcid.

I can hardly complain about anything. At about 35 weeks I started noticing my bump was getting in the way. I've had heartburn for months that has been getting worse and worse, now I take antacids any time of day no matter what I eat, but that's the worst of it. I finally feel uncomfortable at night as of like the last week, and I'm 38 weeks and can't find any stretch marks. I still go for long walks, and I planted my garden yesterday. I thought for sure I'd feel much worse than this by now.

No issues here except nausea/vomiting some days.

Brilliant, so lovely to see so many of us who are lucky enough to escape the worst!

I also agree with the PP who said that people always seem to ask how you're doing expecting to hear a load of negatives, people are always so surprised when I say I've been generally fine. I almost feel like I'm disappointing them and they want to hear some nasty details!

I'm achey and I have heartburn today but I've been really lucky so far.

Morning sickness stopped at 12 weeks exactly, I have a total of 3 stretch marks - one underneath my boob where I cant see it and two under my bump where I cant see.

Bending over is getting harder but not impossible, I'm still able to sleep through the night without going to the loo and although I ache every now and again, its certainly not that bad! I've only had to go to "normal" medical appointments, my BP and urine tests have been fine all the way through, I've only gained about 12llbs so far (which is all in my bump, I've lost weight elsewhere) and I can still walk about without too much pain.

I do feel sorry for some ladies on here, I'm really enjoying being pregnant - even a head in the diaphragm isn't that bad compared to most!

I keep reading how people are in loads of back/hip pain, not sleeping, really painful acid reflux etc.

Earlier on in pregnancy I kept thinking "oh dear, that'll probably be me at some point!" but as I've come further along I still haven't really suffered from any of these things, and am now finding that a lot of these sorts of posts are coming from ladies who are a couple of months behind me.

There must be other ladies out there who are doing ok?

Don't get me wrong, I do get a bit of reflux, my hips ache and go really stiff and sore some days, and I struggle to bend over, but not to the extent that I'm in misery. I also hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this!

(Loads of sympathy for those who are really suffering, I'm just starting to wonder how 'abnormal' I am!)

Not abnormal at all! I actually didn't have any pains or anything with my first. And the only thing i had with DS2 was an extremly mild case of SPD which hardly bothered me at all. It's not until this pregnancy (3rd baby, 4th pregnancy) that im aching like an old woman :blush: So to me i think it's great that you are free of pain. I think thats more the way it probably should be ;) And TBH i think if i didn't strain my body by having 4 pregnancys in 3 years and if i would have waited longer between pregnancys, im guessing i would have mild, if any, pains whilist pregnant.

Not as perfect as the last pregnancy but the only things are sometimes my hips hurt at night from the pressure I just use a pillow between my legs now and have no issues anymore. No cravings this time around, SLIGHT nausea in the beginning but nothing that would put me out from doing normal things. I however find it hard because of my small shower to bend over and wash the bottom part of my legs. Lol

I agree, the more preg you have the worse it gets! Im on my fourth preg, third baby, and im in pain! Hes so low i can barely walk! I guess its because our muscles are so so stretched out:-( plus for some reason ive had ms this whole time:-( but im super glad youre still feeling great:)

I agree, the more preg you have the worse it gets! Im on my fourth preg, third baby, and im in pain! Hes so low i can barely walk! I guess its because our muscles are so so stretched out:-( plus for some reason ive had ms this whole time:-( but im super glad youre still feeling great:)

:hugs: oh girl, im totally with you :( This pregnancy is horrible! I never had HG until this one and now i have sciatica, severe SPD, and my back hurts so bad because i have severe pelvic organ prolapse and diastis recti (sp? when your abdominal muscles split apart). I know most of these issues, for me, are from being pregnant in the past and having pregnancys on top of one another. I hope you get feeling better soon:hugs:Im counting down the days until this baby is born and im getting super excited that DH is getting sterilized next month so i never have to do this again :haha: (sometimes i feel crazy for saying that, though bc up until this pregnancy i LOVEDDDDD being pregnant and had hardly any pains or MS issues at all).

I am also another 'lucky' pregnant woman..
Don't get me wrong, I get pains but I thought it was going to be a lot worse!
I only get hip pain at night when I have to sleep on my sides, and back pain during the day only if I've been doing a lot.. other than that, I feel pretty fine, that's a surprise!
Sometimes I'm a little over dramatic though, so OH massages and cuddles me:haha:

Me - I do have a moan for the sake of it sometimes, but considering I'm 34 weeks I really can't complain. Still in the gym most days (albeit a much gentler workout), no MAJOR aches or pains. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->