Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

If you're in the uk the info about your placenta will be at the top of your scan notes. I'm sure they would of mentioned it if it was anything unusual.

Hello all.

My bmi is 34 and as much as i am proud of my bump i still think i just look fat. Here is my 24 week bump pic.
Please excuse the goofy look on my face

I personally think you look fabulous! And definitely pregnant! honestly, If I have a bump like that I'll be chuffed to bits! Xx

If you're in the uk the info about your placenta will be at the top of your scan notes. I'm sure they would of mentioned it if it was anything unusual.

I'm in uk can't see anything about it :wacko: could it be because I'm too fat for them to see as my scan wasn't greatly clear and she mentioned it was cos I was cuddly :cry:

I'm in uk can't see anything about it :wacko: could it be because I'm too fat for them to see as my scan wasn't greatly clear and she mentioned it was cos I was cuddly :cry:

No love! It's as mrs bump said.. They won't mention it.. I've found with all of mine that unless you ask, they won't bother saying anything at all about your placenta unless theres summat wrong with it.. I've never heard a peep about where it is or how it's doing until it's out the other end after baby!

The vast majority of people have a posterior placenta which is clear of os e.g. Cervix. The second part is the only bit that actually matters but with anterior you just feel less. They would of called you back if they couldn't see the placenta clearly enough, so I wouldn't worry.

The sonographer told me I had an anterior placenta at my 12 week scan. He also mentioned that I may not feel baby for a while due to that. X

Congrats Mrs bump on hitting full term... I know your excited. I can't wait til I hit it!!!

I also have an anterior placenta, and although I started feeling Kiddo squirming around at about 14 weeks, I only felt my first real kick at 18 weeks.

Can I ask a question about feeling baby move? Does it feel kinda like really light twitching when you've got a trapped nerve? Like a wee vibration feeling? Also, does it mean because I'm big and a I have an anterior placenta I prob won't feel much for a while? Xx

Can I ask a question about feeling baby move? Dies it feel kinda like really light twitching when you've got a trapped nerve? Like a wee vibration feeling? Also, does it mean because I'm big and a I have an anterior placenta I prob won't feel much for a while? Xx

Being big seems to mean it will take longer before you feel anything from the outside. I'm 24 weeks almost and I've still felt nothing from the outside.
But I've been feeling him from inside for ages, like I said.

Sometimes I feel like I have a little flutter going on just for like 30 seconds or less...donno if its baby or if it is just my body being weird! Can't wait to actually feel baby kick :)

I've felt no pops for few days now, I'm guessing it was nothing.

Can I ask a question about feeling baby move? Does it feel kinda like really light twitching when you've got a trapped nerve? Like a wee vibration feeling? Also, does it mean because I'm big and a I have an anterior placenta I prob won't feel much for a while? Xx

Yeah that's what it feels like to me :)

MustBeMummy, you look great! Definitely look pregnant!

I'm jealous of those that feel baby early on. A little over a week ago I was getting like an eye twitch/vibrating feeling on my left side, but since I posted about it asking about what it could be, it's stopped. I don't think I'm going to feel this thing move until it's born! (not being serious, I know that's not true - I'm just impatient).

How can I tell the difference between pudge and bump? I think I'm getting some kind of bump because I'm pudging out of shirts more, especially in shirts that shouldn't be under normal circumstances. I wore a maternity top today to work - also wore it last week and I feel like I'm pudging out of it a little more this week than I was last week. But when I was walking around at work, I kept pulling the shirt away from my stomach because I was just so self conscious. Too worried about it being fat & not real bump. I don't even look pregnant in the maternity top, just fat.

I get the self conscious bit - feel like that too at the moment. Doesn't help that there's a huge big unflattering full length mirror in the ladies toilet at work so have to look at myself at least 5/6 times a day!

Can't wait for a proper bump - be nice to be unmistakeably pregnant rather than podgy :)

Anyone wanna post their bump pics?!? :) I'm still too shy but I'm building up to it xx

Here's my latest bump pic from Sunday, 24 weeks exactly, V-Day!!! :D

Next big milestone for me will be the beginning of 3rd tri!!

Attachments

• V-Day!! 24 Weeks.jpg
    V-Day!! 24 Weeks.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
Wow yoshy, you look fantastic!!

Do you mind me asking a personal question? Where did you carry your weight before you got yor bump?

You don't look big anywhere!

I carry all of my weight on my stomach and hips and even though I can feel a little bump under my belly protruding out just about an inch below my belly button, I don't look like it. I just look like I've put lots of weight on.

Excited to have a bump, especially if its as cute as yours! X

jUst wanted to drop in and say Hello :) I am a high BMI kinda girl lol a uk size 24 with a BMI of 45 :/
I am 15 weeks pregnant with baby number 6 :) and desperately wish I could have a homebirth... but know it's never going to happen... unless any of you lovely ladies can advise me of your experiences and might know how i can persuade the midwife/consultant to let me :)

Wow yoshy, you look fantastic!!

Do you mind me asking a personal question? Where did you carry your weight before you got yor bump?

You don't look big anywhere!

I carry all of my weight on my stomach and hips and even though I can feel a little bump under my belly protruding out just about an inch below my belly button, I don't look like it. I just look like I've put lots of weight on.

Excited to have a bump, especially if its as cute as yours! X

Thanks hon! I carry my weight all over, distributed fairly evenly. I have huge boobs, and I've always had a big tummy etc as well.
It's only in the past few weeks that my bump looks like a preggo bump and not just a bunch of fat.

Thank goodness, I've not put on any weight yet, and I'm hoping I won't get any heavier than my prepregnancy weight (I lost 6kg in first trimester due to nausea and lack of appetite).

Wowza, baby number 6! I reckon the midwife should just let you have baby at home, you're totally a pro! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->