• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Welcome squarepants.

I haven't had any indication I'll need an induction so far. My hospital induces at 40+12 unless there is a pressing reason to do it before. I really don't want one so from 37 weeks I will be going all out to try and get him moving.

Oh... okay. My doc told me im having my guy at 39 weeks, Idk y yet but ill be asking next visit. I hope hw doesn't think im getting an ultrasound.

Congrats on your bfp squarepants and welcome!!!

Question for anyone - it may be weird but im asking anyway. The fat that hangs under the placenta, mine is firm in some areas and regular flab in others. Is that something to worry about or is it just from the fat being pressed close together cuz of LO. Im a bit of a hypochondriac so every lil change I notice

Question for anyone - it may be weird but im asking anyway. The fat that hangs under the placenta, mine is firm in some areas and regular flab in others. Is that something to worry about or is it just from the fat being pressed close together cuz of LO. Im a bit of a hypochondriac so every lil change I notice

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, for me, what hangs down tends to be flabby and wobbly, and what's actually higher up on my tummy tends to be more firm and not move so much. It's kinda funny to look at sometimes actually ;)

Hello there I am a higher BMI girl as well :)
I wouldnt say im perticularly fat but I have always been solid if that makes sense, I normaly drift between a BMI of 34 - 36 (although after stuffing alot the last few weeks probably a bit higher) plus I was born with spina bifida so this added to the whole high risk.
I just want to let you know that having a higher BMI doesnt have to be about all the negatives the drs fill us with.
My last pregnancy I was given all the typical warnings of blood pressure, diabities, hip/pelvic pain, hard labour, increased chance of CS and so on but it doesnt always go like that.
I had no problems what so ever during my pregnancy, no pains, blood pressure was brilliant as was everything else (yet they still kept insisting I was high risk)
I decided on a active labour so kept walking around during it and refused to lay down on my back, my labour lasted a total from start to finish 1 hour 57 minutes with no pain releif or complications and only one stitch.

Dont let all the "your high risk so its going to be hard" get to you, I ignored them last time and im ignoring them again this time.

Only thing that did get to me with both pregnancies is I didnt get a proper bump till much later, because I always look pregnant even when im not :) its hard to tel lthe differance but by 30 ish weeks last time my bump started to look lovely so im assuming it will be the same this time.

This is me last time about 30 weeks, im hoping to have a bump like this again.
https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/20949_276928969368_5196036_n.jpg

I did put alot more wait on by the time I gave birth ( I went 2 weeks over) but just wanted to show even bigger girls can have a great pregnancy and birth :)
https://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/25251_381802484368_3448453_n.jpg

Thanks smokey, it's reassuring to hear this. I really want an active birth but all the people I've seen bar my day to day midwife keep telling me it's highly unlikely to happen, despite having had no real complications so far. Your story gives me hope.

Mind if I join in?

My BMI is around 35. My two biggest concerns are pre-e and gd. My midwife so far has been great about my weight - and I think will continue to be as long as I don't go overboard. I feel like my weight has been a real challenge for me. I've (obviously) struggled with it prior to pregnancy, but I'm terrified of gaining too much (which is made worse by a very increased appetite).

Other than the things that truly matter as far as health goes while being at a higher weight, I find that I get very bummed out that I'm never going to have the noticeable bump. I'll never be able to do those cute first bump pictures (as lame as I may sound). I feel like I will never look pregnant (at least right until I'm ready to give birth).

Welcome SquarePants and Spunky!

There are much higher BMI women who get beautiful bumps!

But coming from the other spectrum of being 33 weeks pregnant and not looking a darn bit pregnant...

It's ok if you don't get a bump. As long as baby is growing think of how tiny you'd be when you have your baby? I've gained at least 10 lbs of fluid and baby and placenta and I know it's all just gonna come off in the end and leave me with a tinier tummy.

And as far as eating goes. I eat like a pig!!! Have since the day I got pregnant! but, I eat like a pig on fruits and veggies and lean means and nuts. and even with eating like said pig, I have only gained 5 lbs after losing 20 in the beginning. I went through two stages in my pregnancy where all I could eat was apples and oranges and grapes and stuff like that.

That's my problem - just feeling ravenous. If I am able to prepare, I can have healthy snacks on hand (usually at work). I usually feel like I'm starving between 8am - 12:30. Once I eat my lunch (usually PB&J sandwich because I just don't have the energy to do anything more elaborate every nice), I'm so full and bloated (which happens no matter what I eat). But then, as soon as I get home from work, my body automatically switches to I'm starving (like it just realized it). When I'm that bad, I get nauseous so I just grab whatever I can (usually croutons - it's my go-to thing these days).

When I first got my bfp, I was around 31-32 bmi. But then w/ 2 weeks off work & nausea setting & only seemed food would help, I blew up 10 pounds (well, I'd say about 6 was prior to that when I started eating more of the things I needed to). But I maintained that for a few weeks. Now I'm hoovering between 4-6 pounds above that. My midwife said it probably had more to do with blood volume and whatnot. Though I am eating the healthiest I have in my entire life.

So I have no idea. When the weather is better, we're going to get my elliptical from his parents house, so hopefully that will help some. I also read that exercise can help lower the chances of gd. I haven't had the energy to exercise, but now that I'm starting to figure out my sleep problems, I am starting to get a little more energy.

The only thing I worry about with exercise is not knowing when it is over doing it (I'm going to bring this up with my midwife at my next appt in about a week because I don't want to hurt baby when I think I'm doing something good). I feel more comfortable on an eliptical than I do the stationary bike (hurts my butt too much).

At work they do wellness walks for 15 minutes usually 2-3 times a week, so I really cannot wait for the weather to warm up so I can start doing those again (I absolutely love those!).

Up until being put on bedrest, I was still going to aerobics classes. I have a little at home bp cuff & monitor and just keep track of my bp. Doctor said just keep it below 140, So when I get to about 135 I sit have some ice water wait for it to come back down into the low 120's and resume. I think I spent $15 bucks on it at wally world but it let me be very in control of still kicking butt. I've been doing zumba mostly which is so much fun! and it's easy to tone it down if you need to cause your getting tired. The biggest thing is obviously hydrate hydrate hydrate!

For those worried about getting a noticeable bump. I had the same fear with ds.
I've just found my bump pic on a thread here from 30 weeks with ds
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...plus-size-bump-pictures-395.html#post10802910
Last post on that page
My bmi was 37 at the beginning of last pregnancy and I put on 3 1/2 stone( just managed to lose that before falling pregnant with this lo so my bmi is still 37)

Spunky don't worry about the bump..it'll be noticeable...I didn't think mine was...but I had my boosum in my way of seeing it...
1st...19weeks
2nd...26weeks
3rd...almost 32weeks
4th...38weeks
5th...day he was born...

Attachments

• 2rpsmtz.jpg
    2rpsmtz.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 26w.jpg
    26w.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 31w6d.jpg
    31w6d.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 38w3d.jpg
    38w3d.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 13
  • day of csection.jpg
    day of csection.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 18
Hi. Don't know my BMI, but I was 213 lbs before I was pregnant and I am only 218 now. With clothes on at doc's I am 220. I had lost 50 lbs before becoming pregnant & I am excited that at 20 weeks 5 days I am having a healthy baby boy!
I've been told when I am looked at from the front that I don't look pregnant but from the side I def have a bump!
But I've also had insensitive people saying I look like I put my weight back on!

Attachments

• 20 weeks + 4days.jpg
    20 weeks + 4days.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 16
TTCMOMMA, don't let anyone get you down, you look great!

updated pic - this was on valentines day so just over a week ago at 24weeks 5days :)

Attachments

• 61768_10151374251594299_29034174_n.jpg
    61768_10151374251594299_29034174_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 17
Hi y'all.. :wave:

Wow this is a long thread.. Is it bad of me to admit to only reading the last couple of pages?! :blush:

My BMI is 40.. Got weighed at the docs in November, (unknowingly preggo at that point - baby squishy would have been conceived by then - the blood tests I had didn't catch it (It's a stealth squishy!); BMI was 39.. Go to midwife in January to confirm pregnancy.. BMI of 40 - I put on a stone over xmas and that was with morning sickness! :lol: (I guess I ate a lot of chocolate!)

Anyway, what with this being baby number 6, I'm not allowed to homebirth because of the risk of PPH, and I'm not allowed in the midwife led birthing centre or whatever it's called because I'm one or two babies too many over the imit already.. So twill be a hospital birth for me, which I'm ok with, I don't mind that at all. I know my rights and a 4 hour discharge is what I'm hoping for, providing everything goes well of course!

BMI has been mentioned exactly once with the midwife. I have to see a consultant at some point, but if I can get below BMI 40 by the time I see her next (which unfortunately wil be early for the quad testing and other blood tests at 16 weeks instead of the other appointment I was s'posed to book for much further along) I won't have to see the consultant or have the GTT. But I doubt very much that's gonna happen! MS has dictated I can't fecking cook anymore and there's only so much salad I can eat! Anyway, trying, (a bit) but not hopeful!

I kind of assume that the consultant is there for complications such as GD and such? They'll proly make me see an ansthesiologist as well, am I right? In case of an epidural/surgery I guess. Meh!

Anyway, thought I'd say hi to you ladies. Like I said, this is my 6th baby so I should actually know what I'm doing by now, but you know, baby brain kicked in early this time and I'm pretty clueless about most things. But not worried, funnily enough :lol:

Oh - and I just did a quick edit to say - to agree with previous posters about happy, healthy pregnancies - With all 5 of my previous, I've never suffered high blood pressure, diabetes, pre-e or anything that puts you in a high risk category. And my labours have a been fabby too! It is possible - our bodies know what they're about and frankly, I've always been a big girl! Not gonna change just cos there's a baby on the way - in fact, I get more nices, because there's a baby on the way, so as long as I can still walk a mile without getting too breathless (I'm getting there!) I'll be aye-ok this labour!

So... yeah. Hi! :wave: I'm happy to be here! Larger and loving it! :rofl:

Right here! Not sure what my BMI exactly is... but before I got pregnant was about 100 lbs overweight. 240, when my ideal is between 140 - 150.

Thankfully my midwife said I was fine, but to really pay attention to my diet and try not to gain too much extra weight aside from baby. and I've been good. only 4 pounds so far accord to my home scale.

So far no one's gotten on my case about it aside from one stranger. Well, mostly a stranger. She's someone who comes in to my work on a regular basis to use the campground facilities. I'm not even sure how she found out. And she has a history of being kind of rude and overly opinionated.

She looked me straight in the eyes and said "you're such a "robust" girl" the third trimester and birth are probably going to be really hard on you." I was so insulted!

Yeah, I'm a bigger girl, but I eat healthy (for the most part) and do my best to get out and get exercise... just not easy when I'm stuck behind a desk for 11 hours some days.

Finally been dismissed from the consultant and they've agreed I don't need early induction. My hospital induces at the drop of a hat. Still no actual health problems despite scares. They are making me see an anethetist despite my Bmi being below 40. She was suggesting I should have an early epi. I have no intention of getting one at all. I know I have a high Bmi but I have no other issues and I think they are being ridiculous. Baby is even lined up perfectly. She kept saying they couldnt force me but they still recommend an epi. She couldn't evidence why so there's no way im agreeing.

Hello ladies, how's everyone? Just been looking at a thread of bumps and some lovely bumps and as predicted by my friend I just look fatter :cry: I do hope I get proper bump. Been suffering from headache for days too :cry:

What makes me laugh is being a waitress im on my feet alot, I wore one of those pedometre things once and it works out I walk an adverage of 6-8 miles a day walking back ans forth so even though im bigger and weigh more im actualy healthier and more active then most girls half my size, drs can sit in that for a spin if they think bmi is everything :)

Hi ladies, can I join too? My BMI is 39 and I carry ALL of my weight on my stomach.

I'm only just reaching 14 weeks and don't look at all pg (prob wouldn't even if I was skinny). I don't think I ever will, I think that because of the way I carry my flab, I'm just going to look even more overweight! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->