Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

ChimChims

Mom of two <3
Reaction score
I am very large, with a super-high BMI :blush: and sometimes get tired of finding that searching online for obesity and pregnancy only turns up negative things. It would be very nice to have some female company. . . every bump is a blessing, not just the bumps of skinny chicks. :)

Anyway, I am approaching 17 weeks, and have diabetes as of the last year, so I am being monitored very closely - 5th ultrasound coming up next week. This baby took 7 years to conceive (which surprisingly happened when I tried - the first time ever), and is only our second child. :cloud9:

I had lost five angels before our first so I am nervous but happy about this. Hope someone out there finds this post and is relieved to have heavy gal company in a skinny-gal preferred kind of world. ;) :kiss:

Me! :wave:

I have a stupidly high BMI and I also have high blood pressure so I'm being monitered closely too. I'm also having my 2nd child.

Me!! It took me 2 1/2 years and needed metformin. Although I had insulin resitance before pregnancy, she has not seemed concerned about me having GD. I have had some real issues this weekend and will harrass her on Tuesday at my appointment!

Me too! I was in the process of losing weight (had lost 45lbs with 55 lbs to go) when I found out I was pregnant again. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes in March of last year but my BS got under control with diet change and losing some weight. I just had my OGTT 2 weeks ago And passed it, was really surprised!

So far my BP has been good and all is well. I will have consults with a high risk OB and some additional ultrasounds starting at about 32 weeks due to my past history of losing my daughter to SMA (nothing to due with being overweight)

My BMI pre-pregnancy was 37 so obese. According to Health Canada I should only gain between 11-20 lbs so far I have only gained about .5 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight so am on a good track. With my DS I gained about 30 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.

I was about 70 lbs overweight when I got pregnant. Surprisingly, with DH being very overweight, it only took us 3 months to conceive... I expected it to take longer. At 20 weeks baby is growing strong! So far I have not had any problems throughout the pregnancy, but have discovered that my blood pressure is higher than "normal" (probably was before I was pregnant, too, I just never went to the docs to find out!) I've been gaining weight at a normal rate so far (up about 13 lbs now, which the doctor is okay with). I'm a bit nervous about labour and whether or not my BP will skyrocket or I will develop pre-eclampsia....

I'm overweight but don't consider myself "very large." I'm 5'2" and a size 18 pre-pregnancy. My belly has grown, but I don't look pregnant even at 25.5 weeks, and haven't gained weight as of my last appointment. (I have a feeling I may have gained a pound or two now.)
I'm a little afraid of the glucose testing, and mildly fearing the end of the pregnancy. I haven't been exercising, nor eating great. I'm afraid I may have a terrible time or a really rough labor due to this.
BUT my little guy is healthy and thriving, so I'm happy for that.
However, I'm extremely jealous of all these girls who are half as pregnant as I am, but because they started out so skinny, they have an adorable baby bump. I just look fat.

I am!! I am 5'3" and 300lbs. No diabeses or blood pressure issues. It took us almost a year to conceive. This will be our first child. I exercise five days a week and eat pretty healthy. I hope this pregnancy goes well. I do get sick of the negative connotation around overweight and obese pregnancies. Luckily I have an awesome doctor who never makes me feel bad about it.

I am so glad I am not alone! I probably outweigh all of you guys, much to my chagrin. I was 325 carrying my daughter seven years ago, and am under 440 with this one - down from over 500lbs at the end of 2010/beginning 2011. I've lost 42 of those pounds just since finding out we were pregnant. We've had infertility issues so I think the metformin may have helped, but what a blessing!

I had trouble birthing my daughter - I can't deny that - but only because the doctor didn't do his job and give me the ultrasound he said that we needed. Long story short I had her vaginally but she was over 12lbs and got stuck. The dr pushed her back in me twice so her head passed my pubic bone a total of five times in/out. It broke us both. During that time I was very healthy, had no diabetes or high BP or anything you'd expect. Toward the very end my BP krept up, but returned to normal after delivery.

This time around, at over 100 pounds larger and having been very traumatized last time around I have a new doctor... a team of them, actually. lol We're seeing four separate people to manage different aspects of this pregnancy. I'm having a lot of ultrasounds and all of the doctors and techs have been nothing but supportive.

ANYWAY... I am so, so thankful you girls replied b/c even if I do outweigh everyone I have felt alone and I am also sick of seeing all the negativity online about obese pregnancy. I can relate to being just fat and not looking pregnant, but my family knows my body changes, and that is good enough for that. :)

I got to thinking about it all today after mustering up the courage to post this post, so I wrote a blog on 'my big, fat pregnancy'. You are welcome to read it or not if you want. I'm just so thankful you are all here! :) Happy and Healthy rest of pregnancy to all!

https://thefluffymummy.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-big-fat-pregnancy.html

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am about 5' 10"... if that is relevant. LOL

I'm in the same boat. BMI of 38. We tried fertility treatment for 4 years before this miracle came along (without medical help).

My doctor (and every doc I've seen while pregnant) has been quite concerned this whole pregnancy and only in the last couple months (sorry I'm 39 weeks but crashing this topic!) has he started to loosen up. I've had ZERO health problems and since I lost 15lbs right before conceiving, I've only gain 14lbs back. I hate though that doctors and nurses keep thinking that there must be a lot wrong with my pregnancy just because I'm over-weight! I had a lot of skinny friends have more issues than me!

I also hate my body up until recently. It took a long time to actually look pregnant. I didn't take a bump photo until 29 weeks and it wasn't until about 32-33 weeks that I thought I truly looked pregnant, especially with a B bump rather than the nice round bump. But baby is healthy and happy and I guess that's all that matters in the end!

Hello ladies can i join in?

I'm 5'3" and weigh about 85kg with a bmi of 35.1

I haven't gained weight at all this pregnancy and in fact feel like the fat is melting off me despite my best efforts my pregnancy has been rough due to ms and indigestive issues so i have been eating healthily and in small amounts. It doesn't seem to be a concern to my medical team at present and i am not attempting to diet as such.

I had previous gd in my last pregnancy but i passed my 16 week gtt and a hoping to pass my 28 week one as it was only a marginal fail last time and i am much more active in this pregnancy with my three little ones to run around after!

Apart from that i have been having intermittent raises of my bp randomly which shoots up and settles again quickly and proteinuria from time to time. I don't see myself as obese really i am only a uk size 14 or 16 i do have a noticable bump now baby is a little bit small but within normal limits (although she has longer than average legs!)

I have had three normal deliveries and hope to be considered normal when it comes to labour and birth!

https://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/sthorp1179/121577886_photobucket_10778_.jpg

Hi there. Im a large lady too. Was 17st lost 7st in 2008/2009 but suffered depression last year as couldnt conceieve and gained 6 stone and funnily enough fell pregnant. All 3 of my pregnancies (my second resulted in mc) have been when i was larger. I couldnt get pregnant when i was slim :s how strange lol. My BMI is 39 BP is fine. Congrats to eveyone with their sticky beans. Any larger ladies showing already or any worried their bellies r too big to show baby?xx

Hi Ladies

I'm a bigger girl and so far I'm having a fantastic pregnancy, no issues and hardly gained any weight. There are a couple of really good threads running on here that you might be interested in, links below.

H&H 9 to all of you x

https://https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/763063-plus-size-pregnancy-88.html

https://https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/165711-plus-size-bump-pictures.html

I'm overweight - 5ft 1" and about 185ish lb.

We conceived first time round - we tried 4 times around the time I was ovulating and that was that. I figured out when I was ovulating by a calculator online. Worked pretty well :p

I don't have high blood pressure although they do monitor it for 1) my dad has high blood pressure and I might be more prone and 2) being overweight. I've had the glucose test done because my baby was measuring a little further ahead at the 20 week scan - came back that I had passed so no diabetes.

I look as if I am about 38 weeks pregnant. I carry most of my fat in my belly so I do look further along than I actually am. Hardly any weight gain either :)

hi girls! I have a high BMI, I was a little bigger when I had my last daughter and sailed through pregnancy with no complications or problems during birth so I am always a bit peeved when doctors go on about the high risks!

I actually had a Doctor tell me this time round that super skinny women are at more risk so that might make you all feel better ;)

My BP has been up a bit this time but that'[s due to stress at work etc, not dangerously high and no more monitoring for it for now :)

The only difference this time round is we are now offered an extra scan at 34ish weeks to check on the size of baby, (another peeve that they say big women produce big babies!!)

My first daughter was 7lb 9oz 2 weeks late, and 2nd one was 6lb 11oz 2 weeks early so not huge babies!

My skinny friends have bigger babies than me LOL!!

Me too! My BMI is 33 I am 5ft 7 and a size 16. I have put on about half a stone up too now. My blood pressure was 130/58 at 8 weeks and has been a 120/60 at every midwifes appointment since then. Apart from bleeding from 5 weeks to 17 weeks I have had nothing wrong with me. I am going for my Gloucose test on Monday which I have to say I don't mind as its just another check.
I get very annoyed at this BMI thing as its just a load of bollocks. Large women have been having babies for centuries! Thin women get problems too!

If you want to see baby bumps u can Google plus size bumps or anything similar :)

Hi all :)
I am in the same position, my BMI is very high and I am fed up of reading all the negative comments about being overweight and pregnant.
I am 17 weeks now and have a little bump which is noticable because I don't carry the majority of my weight around my tummy. I will post a picture soon xxx

Can I join you ladies? :flower: I'm 5'1" and I'm a size 18-239lbs pre pregnancy & I'm pregnant with twins..

I've gained 7lbs so far, I'm expected to gain between 25-42lbs..

My doctor hasn't said anything about my weight yet, not looking forward to it though

I've attached two bump pics taken 10 weeks apart, the one in the yellow sundress was just yesterday at 13w5d

3w5d
3w5d.jpg
13w5d
morning bump.jpg

I'm a larger gal. I'm 5'1" and when I got pregnant with this LO, I was at 195lbs.
My highest weight a few years ago was 250lbs. But slowly with the help of metformin and just not eating as much as before, the weight slowly... VERY slowly came off.
I fully believe that losing weight helped me get pregnant. No I KNOW it did. I never ovulated before unless on fert meds... and then when I lost those last 10lbs... my body started to again and on a break after my 4th loss.... I got pregnant naturally which I never thought would happen :)

I do have weight related health problems such as slightly elevated BP.
I also have PCOS, insulin resistance, AND hypothyroidism. Like everything that can make you fat.. I have it :p lol

I don't have a visible bump yet. I have a 'B' belly and my fleshy fanny pack pooch hides it VERY well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->