Any other preggy ladies who crossfit?

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I've been doing crossfit for about a year off and on. I went back for the first time pregnant on Monday and I didn't tell my coach yet. I kept my weight low and scaled down quite a bit though. We had double unders on Monday and I learned the hard way jumping like that is a bit too stressful to my worn out round ligaments already :dohh: I will be talking with my coach but I just wonder how other moms are scaling it down?

I did with my first. I just scaled back as my body demanded. Most of first tri was ok, but you start getting heavier near the end and it makes the workouts more demanding. If you have a knowledgeable coach listen to them - but I'd first check their knowledge and experience training pregnant women.

By 2nd tri I was not jumping anymore :p I continued super sets and hard workouts, but not to failure or feel like puking like crossfit is so wonderful for ha.

This time around I'm going easy on myself and mostly running, and swimming lol

I want to, but I haven't been to the gym in a bit and a lot of leg work outs make me dizzy on a good day let alone pregnant. I am only 5.4 weeks but I feel so blubbery already! I am hoping it is safe to go back to it!

Thanks! I'm definitely going to be working really close with my trainers but I have to discuss it with DH because my coaches are my big brothers! We are wanting to wait until we are at least 12-13 weeks until telling the family but I don't want to wait that long to work out and I think it's really something they should know.

I have a problem not pushing myself to the extremes, great for crossfit normally but not so good when preggo! :haha: It was hard doing what felt like so little compared to everybody else, especially when I can't tell them why I scaled so much.

I've been going for about a year and I am 7.5 weeks pregnant now. I have been having a nausea problem lately though and haven't been able to make it to the WODs. I did tell my coach and his wife just delivered their third baby so I feel comfortable that he'll be able to keep me safe and modified for as long as I feel comfortable going.

I dont cross fit, but I go to a boxing gym. I've been terrified of going since I found out I was pregnant this time. I had mc a couple of months ago so I've just been walking & bike riding.

Hi! I've been doing CrossFit for about a year and a half. I am 8 weeks pregnant and still workout 4x/week.

I scale the weight I use, and I NEVER try to PR anything...ever. I told my coach I was pregnant before I told my mom (lol) because it was important that she know immediately so that we could work together to avoid injury. Now that she knows, she doesn't have me climb the full height of the rope (for example), and as my pregnancy progresses we will be finding alternatives for other exercises, like burpees and handstand push-ups (which make me feel like I'm going to vomit).

I usually get a bit nauseous every time I work out, but I excuse myself for some air/water if I need to and then jump right back into the workout when I can.

I think the most important part is to listen to your body and remember that you aren't there to win any medals. I'm proud of you for working out - it will make everything about pregnancy SO much better!! I didn't do ANYTHING when I was pregnant with #1 and I gained SOOOOOOO much unnecessary weight. Go, you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->