any over 40s ttc

princessjulia

Reaction score
hi ladies im 41 and on day 2 of my cycle i started clomid today i wanted to know if there is any other ladies going same route as me iv been told it takes a little longer to conceive when your 40 or over so would like to share with ladies in my age group

hi ladies im 41 and on day 2 of my cycle i started clomid today i wanted to know if there is any other ladies going same route as me iv been told it takes a little longer to conceive when your 40 or over so would like to share with ladies in my age group

life begins at 40 lets hope so

hi im 40 too but not on clomid, am in the 2ww and as always is driving me nuts, af not due until sunday

Hi
Im 38, so feel like I am in the same boat, I was going to go to the doctors on Friday to ask about Clomid.
Funny enough this is the first month I have bothered to chart, check, be part of a forum for support network, and this is the first month my 'pains', smells, etc are different. (either that or its because I am taking notice!). I'm due on in 2 days...........
I will keep an eye on this thread, So I can get advise.

Out of interest when somebody puts 2ww what does it mean........Getting learn most shortcuts!Kx

hi blondebaby, 2ww is 2 week wait, the horrible time waiting for the witch to arrive or hopefully not !!!!, shes not due for me until sunday, dont think i can wait until then though to test but havnt got many syptoms this month and im a poas addict lol

Well I must confess, after being on this forum brought 10 internet cheapy tests. And used one every day for the last 5 days! still :pFN: and now don't have any so have to hold out the next 2 days to see what happens then pop to Boots! You get so addicted!!

haha i have also got internet cheapies, i got bfn this morning, i know it was too early to test but what the hell, i think im about 12 dpo i normaly ovulate early on day 9ish, so seem to have ages to wait before i can test grrrrr, i tried a opt last month but kept getting negatives so no idea if i even ovulatedd last month :O. fingers crossed that you get a bfp in 2 days :)

I've never tested when I ovulate, although I think I have a pretty good Idea, normally, one of my overies plays up, feels like somebody sticking a folk in and having a twizzle ( monthly cysts) then few days later I have a mini mid bleed, old dark blood, which goes on a about 2 days.
This month no bleed only a gush of clear fluid with a tiny (tiny to me) amount of fresh blood.
If I do get a :BFN: then I may concider charting ovulation see if I am correct to my 'pains'!

hmmm well it all sound like you ovulated, other than the odd cramp at about day 9 i dont really get any other indicator, which is a tad annoying but i may do some charting too just to check but the internet cheapie tests i have got in the cupboard im not too convinced they work, may be just me not ovulating tho :O

just wanted to say hi and yes it does happen after 40 im 42 and 21 weeks preggie yes it may take a little longer and you are at higher risk of mc ill be honest i had 3 in 10 months but we stuck to it and here we are expecting a beautiful baby boy so im sending loads of luck and hoping you have it easy good luck ladies xxx

Hi ladies,

I am not quite 40 but hit that number in October. Hope you dont mind if I join you!!!

I am 6 dpo at the moment with a couple of symptoms. However, I wanted to tax your brains in the hope you may be able to help me.

Be warned there is TMI coming up. Right here goes. You know when you ovulate you get ewcm, well I had it twice this month. That is totally bizarre for me. I have started having a few cramps in the last 24 hours. I have developed mild thrush, which is now going. Could not get my toothbrush in my mouth (not unusual in my other 2 pregnancies), feeling very gassy and queasy on and off. Oh and to top that off, I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that I had to keep a polar bear in my field for a few days, I was worried the electric fencing would not keep it in, but it seemed ok. Then I saw the bear (sorry) kill and skin one of my cats. The person with me, told me to go and sort the bear out, but i shouted that I couldn't due to be being pregnant. It was horrible and very vivid!!

Anyway, if I have not put you off, I would love to chat with you!!!

Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone luck.
Im in the same position as you kermit...turn 40 in october and am currently 6 / 7dpo. I would say that cleaning your teeth thing is a very good sign.
Hang on in there everyone

Hi Petalhead!!
The same to you on hanging in there!!!!! I cleaned my teeth yesterday and it felt like the bristles were getting stuck in my teeth, thought nothing of it to be honest. Then this morning, yyuuuukkkkkkkk!!!!! Got quite bad cramping this arvo, so trying to relax. Forgot to add, suddenly breaking out in spots. I only get one spot a month and thats after the AF has been.

:dust: to all!!

Hi Kermit, cramps too.. ooh plenty too get excited about there!! isn't this waiting game the worst? Im being worst than ever this month and I dont even think my timing was ideal. When are you due to test?

Well that is the problem. I am not even sure if I got the timing right this month. That is why i asked the question about the ewcm, as I had it twice this month in the space of about a week. Was not able to go with OH on the first time, but, the second time, well, say no more lol!
Last month I had symptoms, but, think they were all in the head. This month feels different, but am a bit scared of symptom spotting.
With my first, I had no idea I was pregnant until about 5 weeks. With my second, I knew instantly, right from day one. Felt that same thing this time.
So who knows, but i hate this tww.
The :witch: is due on Monday or Tuesday, so will test around then. However, if I ovulated late, I am not sure if that will have an effect on the test.

all sounds very pos kermits mum, ive had a lot of pregnant friends gag when cleaning teeth vivid dreams etc,... so fingers crossed.... my symptoms have been pretty non existant this month, not totaly sure i ovulated but bd when i thought i was,,,,, got bad low down cramping about 4 and 5 dpo had an on off headache ever since but i always have a dam headache,.. and the odd weird tingle in one boob for like 5 seconds , am gassy but always am leading up to af, but i think im out for this month because i feel way to normal . im a real bad symptom spotter and a poas addict trying not to do either this month ok so i did 1 hpt but knew it was too early, babydust to all

Kermitsmum - hmm I've read that your body can gear up to ovulation and then for some reason stress,being run down etc it is delayed so that could explain the two patches in a week.
Personally I never see the ewcm. But i get copious amounts of creamy cm just after ovulation which i am still getting now although quantity is less. I did manage to get a + opk on day 13 (by which time creamy cm was already starting) but by that time my oh had already left to go away with work. AArgh! managed cds 11 and 12 so Im hoping i've a chance...

Hi alwayshope your symptoms sound good too....you are right about the vivid dreams. when i got a bfp (ended in mm) I had the wildest dream at 10dpo about Bono! Ahem! i don't even fancy him...

...hope that at least distracted you for a milisecond of this awful waiting

Thanks Always hope and petal head!

This cm is weird, normally I dont have anything by now, but, there is lots of it, sorry tmi, but its more watery, certainly not thick.
Oh well, only time will tell.
I love this site!!!!

kermit and petal head.. the dreams are bizarre, on around 2 dpo i had a dream that i was stood on my mums stairs (mum dies 14 years ago) with my landlord trying to kiss me and a market trader with his stall also stood on the stairs shot him with a bow and arrow !!! wth.. the next night i dreamed that my 10 year old had 3 children before she left primary school.... i think these dreams must be due to us all desperately wanting it to mean something or we go to sleep with things on our mind,, craziness :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->