any plus size mummies to be?

Hi all! Im a size 20/22 uk and I am 14 + 3 im starting to swell but nothing noticeably just tighter clothing :/ does anyone in the uk know where i can buy maternity jeans?? I cant keep wearing dresses and leggings especially when winter comes!

try simplyB and places like that hun. Im not sure if Evans have a maternity range? maybe New look might have something too!

Any ladies in here feeling proper movement yet? Has your other half managed to feel it yet?
I only really feel her when I'm lay down but it's not like proper kicking movement, it's more of a strong flutter. Like I've gone over a hill when driving and you get that funny churning feeling in your belly if you get what I mean. And I really want my other half to be able to feel her. When will this happen? Xx

is this your first hun? if so it could be a couple more weeks yet.

Kalyrra - congratulations on team pink hun! xx

Yes it's my first huni. I have felt done movement,mire so when I lie on my left side bug it's not that strong. I guess being over weight does rake some of joy out of pregnancy. I just can't wait for other half to feel it x

I'm 24 weeks and these kicks, and turns are so strong. But I notice that when I'm sitting up her kicks are really low. But when I'm laying down her kicks are right in my belly button.

Can't wait to feel kicks... Heck I can't wait to find out the gender.

Any ladies in here feeling proper movement yet? Has your other half managed to feel it yet?
I only really feel her when I'm lay down but it's not like proper kicking movement, it's more of a strong flutter. Like I've gone over a hill when driving and you get that funny churning feeling in your belly if you get what I mean. And I really want my other half to be able to feel her. When will this happen? Xx

I've had proper movement since about 18 weeks or so. OH hasn't felt it yet. Every time I put OH's hand on my tummy when Pickle is active, all of a sudden Pickle stops moving. Within the last week, kicks have gotten a lot stronger.

My LO's movements are slowly getting stronger. I feel them best when im sitting. Its almost like fluttering on my left side. I cant wait for a big ol' kick to happen or even better; find out peas gender.

Just four more weeks! :)

i wonder why the movement is always on the left side? mine was originally, now feels like its just under my belly button and is getting stronger as the weeks go by. I also hope my DH can feel them from the outside too soon, I want this experience with him

i wonder why the movement is always on the left side? mine was originally, now feels like its just under my belly button and is getting stronger as the weeks go by. I also hope my DH can feel them from the outside too soon, I want this experience with him
Well for me, from every scan, my sweet peas legs are facing my left and seems quite content staying that way for now lol

Mine started on the left with dd and I feel the little flutters with this one very low on my left side. But with dd she settled in to head down and legs on the right from pretty early on, around 20 weeks if I remember right and boy did those kicks get strong then. By 30 weeks she would stretch her legs to.their full and you could see her feet sticking out of the right side of my tummy. She never kicked for oh though. We used to have to get him to sneak over to me when she was kicking because if she heard his voice she would stop immediately. He only felt her a few times and I remember him getting quite upset thinking she didn't like him :) She is a proper Daddy's girl though so no fear there!

Hi all! Im a size 20/22 uk and I am 14 + 3 im starting to swell but nothing noticeably just tighter clothing :/ does anyone in the uk know where i can buy maternity jeans?? I cant keep wearing dresses and leggings especially when winter comes!

try simplyB and places like that hun. Im not sure if Evans have a maternity range? maybe New look might have something too!

is this your first hun? if so it could be a couple more weeks yet.

Kalyrra - congratulations on team pink hun! xx

Yes it's my first huni. I have felt done movement,mire so when I lie on my left side bug it's not that strong. I guess being over weight does rake some of joy out of pregnancy. I just can't wait for other half to feel it x

dont worry hun soon enough youll be getting beaten up lol.

Lovely bumps ladies! and I am glad I found this thread. Hope you don't mind if I join in? I gained a whopping 60 pounds during my pregnancy with ds and due to breastfeeding (yes I am one of those women who keeps on weight while BF!) I only lost 20 pounds when I got pregnant this time around. I started this pregnancy at 219 but due to a stressful high risk pregnancy I am down to 211. My Dr really wants me to maintain my weight and not gain anything, but I don't know how realistic that is! Anyone else's Dr feel the same?

I hate that they make me feel fat at my appointments :( I use to have a midwife with my first pregnancy and she would never make me worried about weight or weight gain. I have been feeling movement but it only got stronger in the last week. And my DH hasn't felt this baby yet.

Below is my bump pic for 19 weeks. Less B-ish and rounding out perhaps? What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• Photo on 7-17-14 at 3.59 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 7-17-14 at 3.59 PM #3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 20
Can i jump in here with you ladies, i'm almost 2nd Tri :blush: I'm almost 12 weeks with twins and i was a UK size 24 18 months ago. I have spent those 18 months losing 78lbs and now a size 16... but with excess skin and still some fat and i also have the B belly!

I am definitely showing, but like many my top B is getting bigger yet babies are not that far up yet lol I live in leggings (Smooths the B lol) with long tops and maxi dresses at the moment because in them i look pregnant and not just fat lol

This was from a couple of weeks ago (first pic i didn't know it was twins lol):

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/comparepic1resized_zpsfbc5475c.jpg

Lovely bumps ladies! and I am glad I found this thread. Hope you don't mind if I join in? I gained a whopping 60 pounds during my pregnancy with ds and due to breastfeeding (yes I am one of those women who keeps on weight while BF!) I only lost 20 pounds when I got pregnant this time around. I started this pregnancy at 219 but due to a stressful high risk pregnancy I am down to 211. My Dr really wants me to maintain my weight and not gain anything, but I don't know how realistic that is! Anyone else's Dr feel the same?

I hate that they make me feel fat at my appointments :( I use to have a midwife with my first pregnancy and she would never make me worried about weight or weight gain. I have been feeling movement but it only got stronger in the last week. And my DH hasn't felt this baby yet.

Below is my bump pic for 19 weeks. Less B-ish and rounding out perhaps? What do you ladies think?

aww hun im so sorry they make you feel horrible! I had one midwife who did that to me last time and it was awful! I hated her.. thankfully the main one i saw was lovely and shes my head midwife this time around! I think your bump is definitely rounding out hun :D

Can i jump in here with you ladies, i'm almost 2nd Tri :blush: I'm almost 12 weeks with twins and i was a UK size 24 18 months ago. I have spent those 18 months losing 78lbs and now a size 16... but with excess skin and still some fat and i also have the B belly!

I am definitely showing, but like many my top B is getting bigger yet babies are not that far up yet lol I live in leggings (Smooths the B lol) with long tops and maxi dresses at the moment because in them i look pregnant and not just fat lol

This was from a couple of weeks ago (first pic i didn't know it was twins lol):

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/comparepic1resized_zpsfbc5475c.jpg

wow well done on your weight loss hun thats amazing. lovely bump photo hun :D

Shells, great bump hun! And well done on the weightloss 78lbs is amazing. Did you follow any sort of plan or was it just with diet and exercise? I am already planning my post pregnancy regime as I am determined to get this weight off finally. I will have a blind toddler and a newborn and being so overweight is definitely not going to make that any easier!

And on the Drs making you feel like crap front I actually have been really lucky so far. Although it was acknowledged last pregnancy no one made me feel awful about my weight which I was very grateful for as I had heard such horror stories. So far this time again it has been acknowledged but no one has made me feel bad. I hope it stays that way because I really don't need the added stress of being made to feel awful about my weight. I am doing my best to make sure I don't put any weight on so there is not much else I can do.

Hi ladies! I would like to join if I can? I am on baby number 3 but pregnancy 6. I was a healthy 145lbs w/ my first baby but gained a whopping 83. No one ever warned me that I was gaining to much and I was only 18 and had no clue. Sadly my baby was born still at full term. That was 13 years ago. Due to depression I never lost that weight and my next baby was a healthy baby :) I didn't gain a pound with him. Next baby was also healthy boy and I gained 13 lbs. After breastfeeding him I kept eating like I was still BFing (doh) I went up to 278lbs. Last year I decided to get healthy and got down to 238 in 7 months. Then I herniated a disk in my back :( Back came the weight and when I found we were pregnant I was 265. I am now 276 :( I am scared as this is the heaviest I have been. I'm scared to bend over that my belly will squish the poor LO. I also seem to be gaining weight much quicker and not sure why as before I always lost at first. Scared to ask dr as I am thinking that will open a can of worms situation about my weight. The only thing I can think of is I was on strict bedrest till last week? Also I am on progesterone suppositories not sure if any of you guys are? I was told 12 weeks is when most come off but they want me on till 20? Not sure why. Sorry bout the long post :) Look forward to talking to you lovely ladies!

Shells, great bump hun! And well done on the weightloss 78lbs is amazing. Did you follow any sort of plan or was it just with diet and exercise? I am already planning my post pregnancy regime as I am determined to get this weight off finally. I will have a blind toddler and a newborn and being so overweight is definitely not going to make that any easier!

I follow slimming world, still going now (not that i'm losing i've gained 16lbs!!) Not a jot of exercise (hence flabby skin) Just changed a few things in my diet. I love Slimming world because nothing was of limits and portion size of the 'free' foods was unlimited! I LOVE food lol Worked beautifully for me, i still had 21lbs to lose to target... but actually my reason for weightloss was to get the surgery and medications i needed to achieve the target i have now... to become a mummy :)

I'm getting a bit worried because I still can't feel my uterus, other than right above my pubic area. I feel like I should be about 12w not almost 16 :/ I could feel ds2 move by now and could definitely feel my bump and I'm not any heavier than I was when I carried him.

I have a private gender scan on Friday so I guess I will find out if anything is wrong then. I'm likely worrying for nothing. THis pregnancy has been completely different to my others so far so maybe it's just that... different :/

Well, I never got a phone call about my glucose testing, so I'm assuming I passed and everything is fine? :shrug:

I have to admit, I'm getting a little depressed about my weight gain. I know I'm pregnant, and I know I'm going to gain... but I was really hoping to keep it really low. I don't know how some women don't gain hardly anything at all???

My OB has not made me feel badly about my weight at all, but she did advise me to try to keep it to 15 lbs of gain.

I was doing really well, then this past couple weeks I must have either went nutso on the food, or my LO went through some growth spurts because I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I've stabilized since then, thankfully! But I was really hoping to go in to delivery weighing less than I did when I got pregnant. I'm still 8(ish) lbs under my first pregnancy weigh in, but I don't think I'm going to be able to keep it under 8 lbs for 13 more weeks. :wacko:

Especially not the way I've been cooking lately! Homemade breads, cookies, enchiladas, steak & potatoes, etc... hubby certainly isn't complaining though :haha:

Well, I never got a phone call about my glucose testing, so I'm assuming I passed and everything is fine? :shrug:

I have to admit, I'm getting a little depressed about my weight gain. I know I'm pregnant, and I know I'm going to gain... but I was really hoping to keep it really low. I don't know how some women don't gain hardly anything at all???

My OB has not made me feel badly about my weight at all, but she did advise me to try to keep it to 15 lbs of gain.

I was doing really well, then this past couple weeks I must have either went nutso on the food, or my LO went through some growth spurts because I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I've stabilized since then, thankfully! But I was really hoping to go in to delivery weighing less than I did when I got pregnant. I'm still 8(ish) lbs under my first pregnancy weigh in, but I don't think I'm going to be able to keep it under 8 lbs for 13 more weeks. :wacko:

Especially not the way I've been cooking lately! Homemade breads, cookies, enchiladas, steak & potatoes, etc... hubby certainly isn't complaining though :haha:

I think your doing great! And from what I have always heard was no news is good news. :thumbup: So hopefully all is well. Although in this day and age of technology you would think they could send you a quick email or something.... I'm still hoping my body will go in reverse as I have put on 13 and I am way earlier than you! So pat yourself on the back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->