Any posties on here? Parcel signed for at a different city?

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
I'm stumped, ordered a few bits from Aliexpress end of Sept from 2 sellers; 3 things from seller 'A' and 2 things from seller 'B'.

2 things have already arrived from seller A and I'm awaiting on 1 more from them, so I know it isn't an address issue. I decided to check the tracking from seller B and it said "delivered" and "signed for" Bradford South DO as you can see here . The only thing is, I don't live in Bradford? Hell I don't even live anywhere near there as I'm in Lincoln.

As it's a delivery office, would there still be a chance of it being delivered to my actual address (despite saying out for delivery beforehand) or is this a parcel to say goodbye to?

How annoying is that for you !

Is there anyway you can ring the Royal Mail and enquire !?. I’m not a postie or anything but from that it looks like the delivery has been completed unless it’s been done by accident and that was just to acknowledge it’s at the delivery office .

Meant to add I got a package form Amazon and it said it had been delivered and signed! When I looked into it apparently the driver couldn’t find my house so just took it upon himself to say it had been delivered ! Fortunately for me it turned up a few days later hope yours does too !

It's been bugging me. I will be attempting to ring that specific office tomorrow and see what going on and why has it been signed for there and not forwarded here.

I don't understand why it's gone to that depot though as I have my own local one :shrug:

Bradford is 80 miles away from me, my local depot is just over 1 mile away. If that was the case, no wonder a postman didn't want to walk that far :haha: I think I will be reordering from a different seller.

Hello! I'm a postie :) By the look of that, delivery has been completed, whether it was addressed wrong or what I don't know - but obvs it has been signed for by someone else nowhere near you. You can complete a complaints form online and it will go straight into that office so they can find A - who delivered it and B - where to. All our PDA's now have trackers in them so the manager should be able to log in and see who made the delivery and it will show on a map where to. So basically they can see who delivered what item at what time and where to. They should be able to refund you as obviously you don't have the item or the service you paid for - you might be better claiming off RM yourself as not sure how much luck you would have with ali express. If you need to ask anything feel free to message me xx

Is it possible you were sent the wrong tracking number? I’m not familiar with Ali express but could you ring and check?

That’s very useful information Mummymay especially now with Christmas parcels being delivered !

Hope you get it sorted Smartie or that postie has a long walk to yours haha

Thank you Mummy May, that was very informative! I

I tried to phone Bradford office but within 15 seconds of ringing every time, it was put to an automated message saying nobody is available to answer the phone and I cannot leave a message.

I don't know if it will be worth getting in touch with RM or not? Especially since I've had a refund.

I've managed to contact the seller in which they confirmed tracking then had refunded me swiftly. No apology, just a "it's a shame you haven't received your order yet. I will refund you instantly as I'm a respectful seller. Check out the rest of their shop and buy something else" lol (as if).

Thank you Mummy May, that was very informative! I

I tried to phone Bradford office but within 15 seconds of ringing every time, it was put to an automated message saying nobody is available to answer the phone and I cannot leave a message.

I don't know if it will be worth getting in touch with RM or not? Especially since I've had a refund.

I've managed to contact the seller in which they confirmed tracking then had refunded me swiftly. No apology, just a "it's a shame you haven't received your order yet. I will refund you instantly as I'm a respectful seller. Check out the rest of their shop and buy something else" lol (as if).

Hmm sounds a bit fishy to me, maybe he's just given you someone elses tracking number! You have to watch with those Chinese sites, I usually only buy from China through ebay now because its easy to get my money back if it goes wrong :rofl: Also, most Chinese packets that come through our system do not get scanned. They don't send them tracked usually, its only a few that come through as registered I would say 5 in every 100 that come through, if that.

Probably not worth contacting RM unless you want to find out who the tracking number was addressed to, and if it was their mistake or not.

Hope this helps :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->