Any pregnant Moms still breastfeeding?

sharmon

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if there are any other pregnant ladies still breastfeeding other babies? Do you plan on continuing breastfeeding or weaning before #2 comes along?

Hey, yes! Although not out of choice, lol.

DS is 18m and I've been trying to wean him off the boob since he was a year old, haha. He's having none of it! So no idea how long we will continue.
Tbh I've heard sometimes your milk can dry up a bit half way through, kind of hoping that might put him off a bit...

I'm not this time, but when I was pregnant with my son, I was still breastfeeding my daughter. I breastfed her for the first five months of my pregnancy. Unfortunately she did self wean at that point as my milk had mostly dried up. I didn't mind breast feeding and being pregnant. I was sad though that my daughter had to wean earlier than I thought she should.

Me! MIne is 2 years 2 months old and to be honest I would love to wean him. He is very attached though:wacko:

Yes, my almost 15 month old is still nursing several times a day. She is dairy intolerant so I'm not in a huge hurry to wean.

Yep, I breastfed up until about 3 weeks ago. So I would have been 14.5 weeks or so. My LO became less keen immediately when I got pregnant (taste change I think) and my supply dropped to basically non-existent so it was an easy process. He pretty much self-weaned at 2 years 2.5 months with very little encouragement from me. Awesome as I did really want to stop, my boobs were killing me and he was just faffing around on the boob the whole time.

I am too. I will be hoping to completely wean him by 6 months. Maybe I will dry up too and it will be easier. He is nearly a year and still nursing 5-6 times a day and 4 during the night. I don't want to tandem and don't want a jealous baby. So I am hoping to give enough time withou the boob. My boobs and nips also feel off. Also the odd time I get nauseous while nursing him. I just try to ignore and focus on something else.

I sort of am. I'm pretty sure my milk is gone but dd (15mo) still nurses to sleep, overnight and in the morning. I'm thinking she may self wean soon since there's nothing really there. I did learn in the pregnant / breastfeeding thread (in the BF section here) that some babies comfort nurse through the pregnancy and keep nursing after the milk comes back in. That probably won't happen with us since I'm not that far along. I can't imagine her 'dry nursing' for 8 months.

My milk hasn't gone yet but it's still early days for me. I can totally imagine my boy comfort dry-nursing, ugh. My nips hurt so much though! :-O

I'm not this time but I was still breastfeeding during my last pregnancy. I developed a terrible aversion to it though and started to hate feeding. It felt horrid and made me feel sick. I persevered but miscarried unfortunately, but the feeling never went away and I struggled dealing with both so I weaned him soon after when he was 19 months x

I am still feeding my girls a little when they're upset (they were poorly over xmas, now teething); but not every night as before I was pregnant. They would be enjoying the magic milk forever if I didn't put daddy in charge of bedtime for them! They were 2 in Nov so I'm happy we've had our money's worth :)
I found I struggled as soon I was pregnant. It was really strange as there's milk and I've never minded them feeding. I felt really uncomfortable -sensitive nipples, tired etc -but more emotionally uncomfortable/overwhelmed. I don't know whether it's just an instinct, that I want this new baby to have their 'own' milk or hormones or what? Does anyone know at which point you should stop feeding if you want your breasts to stop making milk and make colostrum for the new baby?

Thanks for the responses ladies. I'm still feeling my 13month old (now 5+3), she shows no sign of wanting to stop. I'm back at work ft so only feed her at night & in morning, but Im trying to wean her as Im worried she will be very jealous of new baby otherwise. Every time I try to wean her she is poorly & I cave & give her what she wants, I'm a big softie. I have to travel abroad for a week next week so I'm hoping that will bring it to a head. Nipples have been v sensitive & starting to feel v tired, & would definately like to wean before morning sickness kicks in properly, last time I was v ill.

I´d be curious to know when to stop too so I can prepare a bit. My nearly-three yr old still feeds and since I got pregnant he seems to be feeding all the time! I don´t know if it´s because I have less milk and he´s trying to up my supply! It doesn´t really bother me but I don´t have much of a bump yet, don´t know what it will be like once I get a bump! Also soooo tired!

Still feeding my 21 month old. He still nurses quite a bit, but it isn't bothering me yet.

According to Kellymom there's no need to stop bf. Your body will naturally produce colostrum. It will keep making it too if your nursing another. It will make enough for the new baby. There's some links and info on this I think in the tandem bf/pregnant sticky in the BF forum.

Thanks sbmack. That's reassuring if it's so! I'm sure when I was reading up on breastfeeding in the beginning I read your body couldn't create true colostrum if tandem feed? Maybe that was old data? Will try to find where I read it when I have a moment...if I get a moment, lol

Just been reading a little online and consensus is your body just switches from making milk to making colostrum between 4-8 months, so it looks like it's more a change for the first little one(s) than the new one(s). That's good to know :)

Thanks ladies. That is great info.

My LO has had an awful night, up almost every hour wanting to nurse. This going to make a long day. I'm so tired already.

I'm still nursing my 17 month old. Just twice a day. I'm ready to be done but he isn't :p We'll see what happens. It's feeling less comfortable now so I hope he gives it up soon. I also gave no interest in tandem feeding. I wouldn't be able to handle it. Touched out as it is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->