Any pregnant Moms still breastfeeding?

Still nursing my 23 month old at 24 weeks, my milk went away at around 16-18 weeks I think, colostrum seems to be coming in now. DS has a sudden renewed interest in nursing and I can squeeze some out now and I couldn't a few weeks ago.

Yes, I am. Just found out. My first is 11.5 months. Was going to wait until she turned one and was on regular milk to start trying, but we jumped the gun a little. Was told it wouldn't affect the milk supply this early but it did. Started noticing a small drop in production like two wks ago so pretty much right from fertilization. Started supplementing with whole milk with approval from her dr. She will probably be weaned as soon as she turns one

I am combination feeding but plan to stop when she turns 1 in March.

Thanks for all the info ladies, & its great to know I'm not the only one having troube weaning lo from the boob. I'm away at the moment & hubbie says she is taking bottles without too much of a fuss, so hopefully on my return I can cut down & finally wean her completly.
I'm expressing at the moment as I had not cut down enough to stop cold turkey, but would like a few months where my boobs are my own before I start in ernest again (want to wear a nice bra for a change)
That said, my friend tandem fed her two girls & had no problems with supply. Only problem being jealousy of the older child (this is what I would really rather avoid) when she was nursing the new born, but her hubbie was on hand to help with toddler so she coped ok.

DS will be a month shy of 2 years when this baby is born. He's very very attached but I don't want to tandem nurse. I want to wean no less than 3 months before his brother or sister arrives. Im 12wks today and so far my supply is still fine. I did finally say no more night nursing and cut him back to 3-4 times a day after I found out. Between exhaustion and nausea I couldn't keep nursing him every few hours like he wanted. The plan was to go at least 2 years but now my goal is 20 months.

I am still nursing my dd and she is 14 months. However, I suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidarum in my pregnancies and as I can hardly keep anything down, I was all but begged to stop by my doctor. I'm sad to be weaning her before I had planned, but also somewhat relieved...it is starting to hurt, and I'm so sick that it is taking a lot of effort to get up at night to continuously feed!! Starting the weaning process when I get back from my "health vacation" at my mom's this weekend. FX'd!

DS will be a month shy of 2 years when this baby is born. He's very very attached but I don't want to tandem nurse. I want to wean no less than 3 months before his brother or sister arrives. Im 12wks today and so far my supply is still fine. I did finally say no more night nursing and cut him back to 3-4 times a day after I found out. Between exhaustion and nausea I couldn't keep nursing him every few hours like he wanted. The plan was to go at least 2 years but now my goal is 20 months.

We are in a similar situation. DD will be 23 months when the new baby is born. She only nurses at night and in the morning...occasionally for a nap if I'm home with her. I'm 10 weeks. My goal was a year and then two, but I don't think we will continue much longer. She's pretty much been dry nursing for comfort I think. I had low supply and had to supplement with goats milk when she was 11 months. After she turned one she dropped day feeds and my supply was fine for what she needed, but it's pretty much gone away the last couple of weeks. She's actually sleeping better at night because she's nursing less (maybe once overnight now instead of 3+ times).

any finding your nips getting dry? Mine all of the sudden are dry....

Just found out I am expecting my second this week. Argh, yes I'm still feeding my 27 month old. I am waiting for her to self wean but she seems to enjoy nursing more and more! She'll choose breastmilk over hot chocolate! I am going away with work for 4 nights in March so I think that may be the end of the feeding (well I hope).

Useful info

https://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbjanfeb08p32.html

Thanks for this. I'm glad it's normal for some to feel emotionally uncomfortable when pregnant and feeding. I've not fed my girls for a few days now. I'm quite sad it's coming to an end; but feel it's the right time to stop and recoup for new baby :)

I am too. DD is almost 6 months and I'm just around 7 weeks. My supply has already seemed to drop tremendously. I feel she's just nursing for comfort now then anything. I had to start supplementing with formula this week.

Well, we're done now. I've had a few losses, so even though I know it's fine, nursing was making me super uncomfortable. Ds seems fine with a bottle. And I'm happy to have a break before baby comes.

I am. I am just about 11 weeks now. My supply has dropped quite a bit, and it's always gone by 16/17 weeks. I've nursed through all but my first pregnancy and tandemed each time. We don't wean until 3y9m.

I am still breastfeeding both my girls (3 years 2 months and 21 months) though DD3 only has one feed at night. DD2 has recently dropped to two feeds in the day and once or twice overnight.
I wouldn't mind if she decided to wean, but at the same time I remember how handy it is to have a nursing toddler in the early weeks.
I continued breastfeeding through aversion last time, but I'm not doing that again. It has really affected my bond with DD2 because of the associations the aversion made me develop.

I am still nursing my 15 month old and plan to let him self wean. He loves his milk so we'll probably end up tandem feeding which I am completely fine with. I would not take his milk away now especially as he did not ask for a baby brother or sister. It would be mean to stop it for another baby when he needs it and I can feed them both:blush:

I am. I am just about 11 weeks now. My supply has dropped quite a bit, and it's always gone by 16/17 weeks. I've nursed through all but my first pregnancy and tandemed each time. We don't wean until 3y9m.

So how did you keep them nursing once your supply dried up? I think I would like to tandem. My son is 22 months now and I think he might quit if there is no milk left. I am 9.5 weeks preggo...I at least want him to nurse to 2 years old.

i am, im nursing my daughter up to 5 times a day, it is very tiring right now with this horrible cold i have. i keep forgetting to take my vitamins and its driving me crazy, as they're the only things keeping me going. I've breastfed all my babies through pregnancy and then tandem fed once baby is here, its hard and sometimes painful. I'm just hoping that my daughter gives up soon after the last week of the second trimester, I'm not yet ready to stop i love the cuddles and she still sleeps in our room. i just feel that i am starting to dry up now bump is getting bigger.

Well I've been away with work for 4 days and thought I'd use it as an opportunity to give up. It's been horrible since I got back- my Lo still wants 'mummy milk' but I've so far managed to distract her. Daddy put her to Bed successfully with me in the house last night. It's kind of heartbreaking to deny her but I'm so tired and I don't want to be feeding two children at once .

Still feeding my boy (2yrs 3months) but we've dropped to first thing of a morning and an afternoon feed if he really really insists. I've got a 'rule' though if he asks when we are out I say 'sure, when we get home' had a few tears the first day or two but now he says 'when we get home for boo?' He did have an unsettled night due to tonsillitis and fed a few times but I can cope with that 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->