Any realy long time WTT like me here?

Catalyst

Mother of 1 & TTC#2
Reaction score
I would love to hear from other realyl long time WTT women here. How long is it til you TTC and is it your first or? Why are you waiting so long?

Ill go first :)

I will probably either wait a year (not that long a wait) or 3 years or so.
The reason for the wait. either we will have a baby by the time I finish my education (becoming a teacher, 3 years done started the forth of 5 years education you need here to get licence to be teacher) or we will wait untill after I have worked fo a year so I get better maternity leave. That will mean I will maby (if I get pg fast) be either 33 or 35 when our #3 will arrive :)
We have two beautiful boys age 6 and 3,5.

i sometimes feel like it is so long untill we might TTC and DH was not on board about having another a year ago (but now talkes like we will) that at the moment we now want to ttc things will be to comfortoble to want to go back to sleepless nights, the finances, the dipers, horrible two and so on :) So I am conflickted between beeing so broody and just wanting to try now and feeling like I should just try to be glad and satisfyed with what I have.

Hey ! :) i'll come join you! I'm Emily I'm 23 and partner is 21 (haha cougar i know but hey cant help who you fall for!) and we are waiting at least 4 years :( and i hate the fact were waiting that long! I've currently had a change of heart with my degree subject after finishing my first BSC and theres no jobs to do with the subject. So i am retraining ! decided to go back to college and started last week doing Applied Science Level 3 in the hope that next septmeber i'll join a nursing degree. :) so yeah that and the fact that we still live with his parents are the only reasons we are waiting! which sucks but hey its life!

we're waiting a year or so to try for my #2 and hubby's #4! partially because he is adamant about not really wanting another so i'm waiting about a year to bring up having another, and also because we have a 3 month old! but i want them to be close in age, so when our little one is a little over a year i will push for us to have one more! i can't see myself with only having gone through pregnancy once, it was such a great experience I have to have it one more time! i'm 22 and he is 30 btw, so i actually have plenty of time to have more but i'd much rather now that later.

Right now we are looking at a 1 to 2 year wait. The more we talk about it though the more I think we both wish we could start sooner. The major thing holding us back is housing. We're in a cramped 1 bedroom apartment that isn't really enough room for even the 2 of us. Ideally we'd like to buy a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment but housing prices here are astronomical so we will likely end up renting for a couple more years. Hopefully we can at least find an affordable 2 bedroom to rent.

We are hoping for hubby to get a raise/promotion next summer as well. That would make it much easier for me to make full use of my maternity leave and not be just squeaking by every month.

Hiya:wave: We're looking at 2.5/3 years before we TTC our second baby.
We want to buy a house and be financially stable before #2 comes along. Plus DS will (hopefully) be in school so I can give my all to the new baby :D

I've been on WTT boards since 2012. I will finally get to try in august 2016. In reality I started thinking about having a baby in 2011 when my DH and I got together. I am still waiting for my first. So it'll have been five years of waiting for me. I am now getting close to the 10 month mark! It's gone in the blink of an eye and yet it also feels like an eternity. In the time I've been waiting we bought a house, I quit my job, went back to school, got my masters and teaching license, and have started my first teaching job last month. By this time next year my hubby will have finished his three year training at his company and will finally have a permanent stable job.

So, we have had a lot of reasons for waiting. It's harder now because I'm just tired of watching everyone else have babies. Before I didn't feel ready but now I'm over the wait. But alas still have some boxes to check. Want to work this whole first year and either move schools or get moved to a lower grade level. I want to have a down payment ready for the next house by the time baby is here. We also have several trips planned for next summer that I don't want to be pregnant on...going to Mexico in July. Then my mom and I are going to France in august.

Luckily we are going into the holiday season. It's one of my favorite times of the year, so many fun things to look forward to. So I expect the next three months to fly by! It's crazy because I've already been back at work a month and it seems like no time at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->